I want to make my own nutrients

• Thread starter Brandylovestogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brandylovestogrow

Brandylovestogrow

Hello everyone,

let’s face it pre made nutrients are ridiculously expensive. I want to make my own nutrients. Has anyone been able to create and have been successful creating nutrients and wanna share?

Farmer88

Farmer88

Hello everyone,

let’s face it pre made nutrients are ridiculously expensive. I want to make my own nutrients. Has anyone been able to create and have been successful creating nutrients and wanna share?

Unless you have acess to lab equipment like Ivstealth mentioned, or if you want to make organic based nutrients, you will need large amounts of inputs like blood or kelp things like that. For example, I will use the egg shells from about 1000 eggs to make calcium fertilizer.

Brandylovestogrow

Brandylovestogrow

It’s the word blood that will stop me!!! I am a large scale grower and I was running the full line of Advanced Nutrients but after spending my first $1500 and realizing I needed to spend more, I began thinking it can’t be that hard to make nutrients myself. At any rate I read blood and happily threw down another 500$

cottageman

cottageman

Customhydronutrients has raw salts that you can mix together to make your own formula, they even have a lab that will make whatever nutrient recipe you want although it’s going to be hard to beat the price of the jr peters base they sell, that’s what 95% of bottled nutes use are raw powders like jacks and calcium nitrate and they just water them down and sell them in bottles

workngrow

workngrow

Look into Jacks Nutrient line, powder based. I've not gone through a full grow with it yet but when I priced everyone out they came in way way lower than Advanced Nutrients or any of those super common brands. Aqua Man here put me onto them and the price difference is staggering.

Not only that but JR Peters/Jacks will take water samples and give you a suggested feed schedule based on your water content which is super helpful if you use well water like me.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Right advice above

Use much cheaper and just as good powdered nutrients like jacks (j.r. peters) or yara or any commercial fertilizer. Jacks has cannabis specific ratios now.

cottageman

cottageman

Jacks has been one of the ag leaders for decades. The vast majority of research greenhouses in America use jacks powders for their nutrients. Athena pro is another simple power line that’s pretty cheap as well and is basically jacks with less nitrogen which is kinda nice. Companies like advanced work but they are way overpriced, way too many bottles and way too gunky when there’s things like jacks out there

Top Bottom