I want to regrow and make branches shorter is there anything I could of done different

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

This plant has some really fast, dank, dense buds but it took up a lot of space and that was just a 1 gallon container. What could I do to make the branches/buds closer together ?

I want to regrow and make branches shorter is there anything i could of done different
2Bad

2Bad

What type of training would yall do tho.. topping/lst/ idek what to use for it lol

Madmax

Madmax

Id prolly just stake it and only have say 14-16 branches max..you could try running your temps closer to your day time temps to keep stretch down abit.

J.dub

J.dub

These are all great answers. I don't think topping or training is going to help your cause -- it might help your yield, but it's not going to have an effect on internode spacing, and it might slow down your grow and make the issue worse. The stretch and internode spacing is mostly related to light spectrum/distance/intensity, humidity, temperature, nutes, and genetics, in that order imo.

Edit: Also, I assume you're growing from seed? Bigger plants = bigger problems. I know you're in 1 gal, but shortening the veg time would make the problems you're addressing easier to manage.

2Bad

2Bad

Id prolly just stake it and only have say 14-16 branches max..you could try running your temps closer to your day time temps to keep stretch down abit.
gotchaa ty

These are all great answers. I don't think topping or training is going to help your cause -- it might help your yield, but it's not going to have an effect on internode spacing, and it might slow down your grow and make the issue worse. The stretch and internode spacing is mostly related to light spectrum/distance/intensity, humidity, temperature, nutes, and genetics, in that order imo.

Edit: Also, I assume you're growing from seed? Bigger plants = bigger problems. I know you're in 1 gal, but shortening the veg time would make the problems you're addressing easier to manage.
I'm doing from clone first run was coco in 1 gal and next run will be 7 gallon promix/gaia green

J.dub

J.dub

If you're running clones, then I would suggest doing a SOG, or something like that, to take advantage of the space and uni-directional light intensity, especially if you're only rocking a single lamp; you'd grow vertical, untrained, tightly packed plants, just removing the wider, lower growth, and start flowering very early, rather than a long veg and training sessions producing big plants in big pots. Just a suggestion, though, no right or wrong, really, and your plants look fine to me as is.

2Bad

2Bad

If you're running clones, then I would suggest doing a SOG, or something like that, to take advantage of the space and uni-directional light intensity, especially if you're only rocking a single lamp; you'd grow vertical, untrained, tightly packed plants, just removing the wider, lower growth, and start flowering very early, rather than a long veg and training sessions producing big plants in big pots. Just a suggestion, though, no right or wrong, really, and your plants look fine to me as is.
Well I’m running 2 mars hydro 480 watts and I do diff strains I like variety ukuk haha. Short veg time would def be smart but I think the other strains might need a bit longer then it.

J.dub

J.dub

Fair enough, sounds like a plan. I'm about to do like Mother Earth in the fall and do a total shift -- I'll harvest 3 big, trained, outdoor-summer-Sativa trees, and hopefully start an indoor tent LED grow for the winter of a bunch of various Indica-dom hybrids, grow them small and skinny, in small pots. Pretty flowers in your pic -- what strain?

2Bad

2Bad

Fair enough, sounds like a plan. I'm about to do like Mother Earth in the fall and do a total shift -- I'll harvest 3 big, trained, outdoor-summer-Sativa trees, and hopefully start an indoor tent LED grow for the winter of a bunch of various Indica-dom hybrids, grow them small and skinny, in small pots. Pretty flowers in your pic -- what strain?
Couple bagged seeds tastes good in coco should taste even better in soil right 😜

Top Bottom