Gave everybody a good water today in hopes of getting on a 3 day cycle. Droopy looks a little better this afternoon I did raise the lights up a tad.
Goat manure has almost little odor and is good for the soil. It's really also ideal for growing weed. This dung is rich in the nutrients that plants require for maximum growth, particularly when the goats are kept in stalls. The manure retains more nitrogen as urine gathers in goat droppings, boosting its fertilizing effectiveness.Hey Farmers
Newbie here trying to use my homemade goat fertilizer to grow. Would love some advice/encouragement from the community. I have been a long time exit drug user with cannabis being the reason I’m here and have accomplished so much today.
I have had some success with outdoor growing in the past but this year’s season was less than stellar. So I have decided to build an indoor growing area. I have been keeping dairy goats for the past year and would really like to use free growing mediums.
This is how it’s going so far. I’ll start with a help list someone posted on the forum.
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds/ My wife told me they were autos later to find out there not even feminized the team at https://sleptonseedbank.com/helped newbie mistake number 1
2. How old are your plants? Germinated August 29th I went nuts and put 4 different seeds in 2 mediums in both my greenhouse and grow tent. Newbie mistake number Duce.
3. How tall are your plants? 3-4 inches the ones from greenhouse are 2 feet
4. What size containers are they planted in? Cloth 15 gallon yup I know too big it’s what I had. I’m a yankee farmer I use what I got.
5. What is your soil mix? Fox Farm and coco I’m sure there’s a cool acronym to use for that but I haven’t figured it out. Also my homemade blend of goat fertilizer forest hummus and some garden store crap.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Water till run off whenever dirt is dry using well water.
7. What is the pH of your water? Not sure I drink it all the time.
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? I have mega crop that I have not used yet.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") HLH 225
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 2 feet
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4x6
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 80
14. What is the pH of the soil? Not sure yet.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? A little there is also a frog helping me with this.
16. How much experience do you have growing? Newbie
Ok now some picks.
After figuring out the greenhouse was out moved one of the sprouts into the tent but as you’ll see seeds not started in the homemade mix and in the greenhouse are seriously stunted.
All started in homemade goat soil good vibe started in the greenhouse definitely not enough light anymore.
View attachment 1170309
These seeds were started in store brand soil. The same layout as the above pictureI couldn’t believe how much better the goats seed started I wish I had tested against fox farm.
View attachment 1170312
These were taken last week.
last night I planted a Tyler d and holy h in the expensive soil and moved 2 good sized plants from the greenhouse too the tent.
View attachment 1170313
This is the frog that lives in the tent.
View attachment 1170314
More updates to come.