I want to use my goat fertilizer to grow huge buds

• Thread starter HWH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HWH

HWH

Hey Farmers

Newbie here trying to use my homemade goat fertilizer to grow. Would love some advice/encouragement from the community. I have been a long time exit drug user with cannabis being the reason I’m here and have accomplished so much today.

I have had some success with outdoor growing in the past but this year’s season was less than stellar. So I have decided to build an indoor growing area. I have been keeping dairy goats for the past year and would really like to use free growing mediums.

This is how it’s going so far. I’ll start with a help list someone posted on the forum.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds/ My wife told me they were autos later to find out there not even feminized the team at https://sleptonseedbank.com/helped newbie mistake number 1

2. How old are your plants? Germinated August 29th I went nuts and put 4 different seeds in 2 mediums in both my greenhouse and grow tent. Newbie mistake number Duce.

3. How tall are your plants? 3-4 inches the ones from greenhouse are 2 feet

4. What size containers are they planted in? Cloth 15 gallon yup I know too big it’s what I had. I’m a yankee farmer I use what I got.

5. What is your soil mix? Fox Farm and coco I’m sure there’s a cool acronym to use for that but I haven’t figured it out. Also my homemade blend of goat fertilizer forest hummus and some garden store crap.

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Water till run off whenever dirt is dry using well water.

7. What is the pH of your water? Not sure I drink it all the time.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? I have mega crop that I have not used yet.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") HLH 225
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 2 feet

12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4x6

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 80

14. What is the pH of the soil? Not sure yet.

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? A little there is also a frog helping me with this.

16. How much experience do you have growing? Newbie

Ok now some picks.

After figuring out the greenhouse was out moved one of the sprouts into the tent but as you’ll see seeds not started in the homemade mix and in the greenhouse are seriously stunted.

All started in homemade goat soil good vibe started in the greenhouse definitely not enough light anymore.
1632018951692.png

These seeds were started in store brand soil. The same layout as the above pictureI couldn’t believe how much better the goats seed started I wish I had tested against fox farm.
1632019515360.png

These were taken last week.

last night I planted a Tyler d and holy h in the expensive soil and moved 2 good sized plants from the greenhouse too the tent.

F533AAA3-2A75-42C6-8D0D-D0E96A487F55.jpeg

This is the frog that lives in the tent.
6FFD86D6-BEEA-4B56-9F63-93196B0766CE.jpeg

More updates to come.

Last edited:
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Welcome! Things are looking pretty decent so far from what I can see. It is my understanding that multiple plants in a single pot can be a recipe for trouble. Are you planning to repot? If that wasn't your plan, it might be worth checking into this now while they are small.

I've heard good things about MegaCrop but never used it. When using 100% soil you don't worry about water PH. I don't know if the coco blend changes anything.

Does the frog have a name?

HWH

HWH

Welcome! Things are looking pretty decent so far from what I can see. It is my understanding that multiple plants in a single pot can be a recipe for trouble. Are you planning to repot? If that wasn't your plan, it might be worth checking into this now while they are small.

I've heard good things about MegaCrop but never used it. When using 100% soil you don't worry about water PH. I don't know if the coco blend changes anything.

Does the frog have a name?

HWH

HWH

Hi @Nate_in_AK so my local guy also warned against more than 1 plant per pot so I ordered some 7 gal should be here tomorrow then everyone will have their own home.

The frogs name is the great debate around here. Any suggestions? My kids have come up with horrible ones.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Take your fresh goat make a hot compost pile, compost it then mix it out with some FFOF or if your really feelin it get some peat/coco and pearlite and do a 1/3 mix and that will kill it. Your plants look decent, but from looking at your soil i think that they are getting un even watering. All your large plants pots should be fully saturated when you water, your entire media should be saturated. Also fill them pots to the brim, better have too much soil and not need than to little and have to spend on nutes instead

HWH

HWH

Take your fresh goat make a hot compost pile, compost it then mix it out with some FFOF or if your really feelin it get some peat/coco and pearlite and do a 1/3 mix and that will kill it. Your plants look decent, but from looking at your soil i think that they are getting un even watering. All your large plants pots should be fully saturated when you water, your entire media should be saturated. Also fill them pots to the brim, better have too much soil and not need than to little and have to spend on nutes instead
Have some smaller buckets coming tomorrow they’ll be filled up to the top.

HWH

HWH

That’s a solid name @Nate_in_AK Not sure yet.

Here are some pics of the goats.

HWH

HWH

Things are progressing nicely these plants in the FF seem to be doing a little better than the goat ones. How can I make the homemade stuff lighter?

thx

63489A96 AD4A 443D 96F0 3B8B163C39A7

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Goat plus 1/3 peat/coco and 1/3 pearlite pumice lava rock will yield great results. a lil lime or azomite would really top it off proper mate

Latest posts

Top Bottom