I welcome advice on my seedlings issues

• Thread starter ziagong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ziagong

ziagong

I seem to keep having issues once my seeds pop after about the second or 3rd week. This happened on the last batch and i tried to add plant food and almost killed them (succeeded on 1 of the three). Soil is Coco and perlite. Lights on 18 hours. DLI measures good and PPFD low. Watering every few days when the coco is dry, no nutes, just bottom water with filtered water. the PPM is at 400 and the ph is 6.8 - 7.0. I do add Ph down once they get bigger and try to get it to 6.0.

I welcome advice on my seedlings issues

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

After 7-10 days, you can start feeding. I don't know anything about coco, though, so I can't say much more.

ziagong

ziagong

TY all. great video. I will start feeding with next watering. What is the earliest you add CAL-MAG? I am thinking of adding a tiny tiny amt next watering.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Lower your pH to 5.9 and start feeding lightly cal mag and veg and never let your coco go dry

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

You may not need cal mag then but keep it bit keep it on standby

Kevuk

Kevuk

You need to feed from the top with coco. Preferably everyday.

You get salt build up and lack of fresh air to the roots if not.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I seem to keep having issues once my seeds pop after about the second or 3rd week. This happened on the last batch and i tried to add plant food and almost killed them (succeeded on 1 of the three). Soil is Coco and perlite. Lights on 18 hours. DLI measures good and PPFD low. Watering every few days when the coco is dry, no nutes, just bottom water with filtered water. the PPM is at 400 and the ph is 6.8 - 7.0. I do add Ph down once they get bigger and try to get it to 6.0.

View attachment 1217882
It may help if you thin that medium out so it's mostly perlite so the roots don't have to work so hard and they have lots of air when they are young and they will drain nicely and use 1/4 strength and transplant when they have a big root system to your preferred medium.

ziagong

ziagong

View attachment 1217882
I believe my problem was a result of using humidity bags over pots for starter seeds. the paper towels method i did not have the issue. i changed back to that and the damping off issue is gone. so to recap i used domes to start seeds and im my env. it created root fungus maybe..

Latest posts

Top Bottom