i went from grows like this to grows like this

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

sounds way over fed, i run my dry amendments at about half strength, look into adding recharge once a week. it helps a lot with your style of growing

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

also, are you checking soil ph?, a slurry test would let you know where you are at with ph and ppm

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

also, are you checking soil ph?, a slurry test would let you know where you are at with ph and ppm​

Fortunately with organics, its harder to over-feed. @biggerbud420 had a thread a while back talking about this Walmart Promix moisture plus or something like that. I've never used it but it sounds a lot like Miracle Grow high moisture potting mix. It's kind of the equivalent to having ground up diapers in the soil. It just holds the moisture like he's been stating. So yes, you're right but there's more going on as well. The soil isn't well suited for cannabis. The extra light on an unhealthy plant will do exactly what his plants have done.

My guess is the soil will measure acidic.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Fortunately with organics, its harder to over-feed. @biggerbud420 had a thread a while back talking about this Walmart Promix moisture plus or something like that. I've never used it but it sounds a lot like Miracle Grow high moisture potting mix. It's kind of the equivalent to having ground up diapers in the soil. It just holds the moisture like he's been stating. So yes, you're right but there's more going on as well. The soil isn't well suited for cannabis. The extra light on an unhealthy plant will do exactly what his plants have done.

My guess is the soil will measure acidic.
I have noticed with organics its harder to overfeed but not impossible. especially if the soil doesn't have enough microbes to break things down. i agree with you though that the soil and light intensity is probably the main issue

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I would definitely be switching to something different next grow. Me thinks the soil is causing your issues. Only being ablw to water once every 2 weeks is definitely not helping the situation at hand.

I would switch to ocean forest, happy frog, roots organic, (i liked 707 when i used it) or mother earth, they all seem pretty much fool proof.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

with all yall saying the soil is part of the problem which i am not denying but tell me why didnt the first grow do this ? i used the same soil just different nutes and i changed lights halfway through

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Seems like a lot less light in that picture. The amount of light can become too much with LEDs sometimes.

I'm not sure what all might be different between the last picture you posted and the ones of the problem plants. Obviously, there's something or more than one "somethings." I know nothing about the "Happy Frog" nutes you're using other than Fox Farm sells them. There's an option of making your own soil mix too.

This is for a large batch but somewhere I saw it downsized but I'm not sure where I saw it at.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

fresh i meant the same brand
different bags of the same brand soil can be very different.
I would turn down the lights to 50%, no more dry amendments. just water from here on out. if they recover turn the lights back up slowly. The spider famer is probably much stronger the the previous light. they may still finish with smokable bud. I fried a bunch of my leaves at week 7 of flower but the bud turned out fine.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

different bags of the same brand soil can be very different.
I would turn down the lights to 50%, no more dry amendments. just water from here on out. if they recover turn the lights back up slowly. The spider famer is probably much stronger the the previous light. they may still finish with smokable bud. I fried a bunch of my leaves at week 7 of flower but the bud turned out fine.
i think it will be good smoke just not alot 2 of the plants has alot of trichs and they all smell pretty good

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Seems like a lot less light in that picture. The amount of light can become too much with LEDs sometimes.

I'm not sure what all might be different between the last picture you posted and the ones of the problem plants. Obviously, there's something or more than one "somethings." I know nothing about the "Happy Frog" nutes you're using other than Fox Farm sells them. There's an option of making your own soil mix too.

This is for a large batch but somewhere I saw it downsized but I'm not sure where I saw it at.
there isnt alot less light it was the phone i was using

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Mars hydro is the shit actually especially the newer updated models , there is better but shit for the $$ they “almost” cannot be beat. Several I mean several organic and salt guys who provide super quality to dispensary’s grow some super gas under mars hydro lighting. If you’re going to compare a brand new 500 W quantum board to something like Mars TS 1000 then obviously that is not a fair comparison however apples to apples for their price you gotta admit they’re pretty hard to beat.
Anyways, super sorry to see that you’re having all of the troubles I would go back to doing exactly what you were doing on the first grow to be honest if it’s not broke don’t fix it. (K.I.S.S) always easier said than done , good luck my friend , Happyreefing 🤙🏼

ptazerman

ptazerman

I've seen that same issue with the plants looking burnt in my previous grows. I also grow in organic soil and I also use Spider farmer but the SF2000 in a 2x4. I noticed during the winter when the temps were cooler the flowering plants were thriving, however in a different run in the spring /summer the temps got around 80 to 85 degrees during flower, and the plants looked like shit.

My guess is the temps and the intense light is what is affecting your plants, although i do not know your exact environment. Could also be the genetics too since some are more sensitive to temps than others. I believe for the Spider farmer quantum boards it is recommended to have a distance of at least 18" from the canopy during flower. Its hard to say whats really going on tho since it could also be the different nutes.

By no means am i an expert, this is just based off my personal experience. Hope you get it all figured out

Top Bottom