i went from grows like this to grows like this

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I've seen that same issue with the plants looking burnt in my previous grows. I also grow in organic soil and I also use Spider farmer but the SF2000 in a 2x4. I noticed during the winter when the temps were cooler the flowering plants were thriving, however in a different run in the spring /summer the temps got around 80 to 85 degrees during flower, and the plants looked like shit.

My guess is the temps and the intense light is what is affecting your plants, although i do not know your exact environment. Could also be the genetics too since some are more sensitive to temps than others. I believe for the Spider farmer quantum boards it is recommended to have a distance of at least 18" from the canopy during flower. Its hard to say whats really going on tho since it could also be the different nutes.

By no means am i an expert, this is just based off my personal experience. Hope you get it all figured out
well the light for those shitty looking plants is a spider framer 3000 im not saying the light is causing it so im not knocking spiderfarmer or anyone i know the mistake is me i just cant know for sure what lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I used it once and went back to bottles. It worked pretty good @ 1TBS/gal every 2 weeks in cocoloco.
well i got a new grow going i have 4 grizzly crinkle and 3 afhgan autos there 4 weeks old in 3 gallon fabric pots and the grizzly crinkle is starting to flower although its only 7 or 8 inches tall , there also in the same kind of pro mix premium from walmart but fresh none used i mixed in alot of perlite on this run 15 gallons of pro mix /6 gallons of perlite on those other grows i might of had maybe 3 gallons of perlite if that mixed into 15 gallons of pro mix ,also using gaia green all prupose and bloom this time im trying to follow mr canuks grows on you tube with feeding

ptazerman

ptazerman

Have you always had the light about 12" away from the canopy? I know Spider Farmer makes great lights, just wonder if they might be getting light burnt

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Have you always had the light about 12" away from the canopy? I know Spider Farmer makes great lights, just wonder if they might be getting light burnt
no i had it closer around 8 inch at first i was following what it said in the manual , i dont think it was the light not at first anyway , i have said many times that i think its the pro mix because i can water these plant 3 gallon fabric pots with a half gallon of water and there still wet 7 to 10 days later i do not think they have been watered enough to break down the happy frog dry amendments

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You went from peat to soil that will change growth rates and a lot of ideals in parameters. If this is your concern I’d switch to coco and synthetic or if you must then atleast organically derived and ditch the amendments using amaller pots and more frequen watering

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

You went from peat to soil that will change growth rates and a lot of ideals in parameters. If this is your concern I’d switch to coco and synthetic or if you must then atleast organically derived and ditch the amendments using amaller pots and more frequen watering
i went from fox farm ocean forest to the pro mix stuff so didnt i go from soil to peat ? but every pic u see here from the good one to the bad one is using pro mix premium moisture control

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

is amendments the same thing as fertilizer ? can you use dry amendments/fertilizer with coco ? i switched because i got sick with stage 3 congestive heart failure with a refraction of 12 percent i have since had an implanted cardio defibrillator put in my chest and did not want to have to mix a bunch of liquids together every time i water

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

is amendments the same thing as fertilizer ? can you use dry amendments/fertilizer with coco ? i switched because i got sick with stage 3 congestive heart failure with a refraction of 12 percent i have since had an implanted cardio defibrillator put in my chest and did not want to have to mix a bunch of liquids together every time i water
Amendments are thing you add to a media… like earthworm casting or gypsum. Yes they are a source of fertilizer.

personally indoor i suggest using synthetic nutrients that you just mix with water and feed.

Dry is much cheaper but for ease something like dynagrow is a liquid 1 part thats simple and easy to mix and a single bottle… also very proven

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Amendments are thing you add to a media… like earthworm casting or gypsum. Yes they are a source of fertilizer.

personally indoor i suggest using synthetic nutrients that you just mix with water and feed.

Dry is much cheaper but for ease something like dynagrow is a liquid 1 part thats simple and easy to mix and a single bottle… also very proven
ok so not to be bothering ya but is gaia green and happy frog considered amendments or fertilizer ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i went from fox farm ocean forest to the pro mix stuff so didnt i go from soil to peat ? but every pic u see here from the good one to the bad one is using pro mix premium moisture control
So when you add amendments to a media it changes the water to air ratio and that can effect growth rates. pot shape and size also will effect that

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

which one is a 1 part ? when i look on amazon there nothing that says 1 for all

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

So when you add amendments to a media it changes the water to air ratio and that can effect growth rates. pot shape and size also will effect that

man i have read that thread i do not how many times and i still do not quite understand it lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

man i have read that thread i do not how many times and i still do not quite understand it lol
Use taller skinny pots … 2-3 gal. You will need to water more often but growth will be faster.

it’s probably best for me to ask what your goals are because thats going to make a difference. If growth rates are top then you can use smaller pots watering more often and generally a bit more work.

if less work use slight larger pots with some perlite and you wont have to water as often but they will grow a little bit slower.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Use taller skinny pots … 2-3 gal. You will need to water more often but growth will be faster.

it’s probably best for me to ask what your goals are because thats going to make a difference. If growth rates are top then you can use smaller pots watering more often and generally a bit more work.

if less work use slight larger pots with some perlite and you wont have to water as often but they will grow a little bit slower.
my goal is to grow something that looks and smell like it come out of your garden lol

SSgrower

SSgrower

What's your lighting? Distance to the canopy? Your feed schedule and how much/often you give them nutes? I won't ask about your soil because I know the troubles its been giving you. Since there's no readily available source for you for Promix HP or similar, Fox Farm Happy Frog or Ocean Forrest/ Roots Organic Original or Lush would be better than that stuff Walmart is selling.
Last year I purchased good Pro-Mix "peat" potting soil and it was good for seedlings, not BX or HP .

Moshmen

Moshmen

What's your lighting? Distance to the canopy? Your feed schedule and how much/often you give them nutes? I won't ask about your soil because I know the troubles its been giving you. Since there's no readily available source for you for Promix HP or similar, Fox Farm Happy Frog or Ocean Forrest/ Roots Organic Original or Lush would be better than that stuff Walmart is selling.
I use that promix when hp is unavailable in my area , - light and nutes are huge things to change my guess it’s a combination of both - soil looks to dry? What’s ur watering feeding schedule?

Top Bottom