i went from grows like this to grows like this

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

If you put a Corvette LS engine into a Ford Tempo and try to go as fast as you can the wheels are probably going to fall off or you'll smash into a wall like a pancake. The same thing happens with your plants when you try to blast them with fancy new LEDs and you haven't taken the time to make sure your other variables are up to par. Lights are the primary driver for your plants needs which in this case is nutrients.

You should be using that light at 50% intensity at about 24" until you get your medium & nutrients sorted out and as you get a few grows under your belt with the light/nutrients you can start to increase the intensity.

Source? I am using a SF4000 and a SE3000 in a 5x2 closet(40% and 60% intensity respectively).

PS @MIGrampaUSA has given you some great advice regarding your medium. Get that sorted out and once you can improve your wet to dry times things should get easier.

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

I'd say the growth rate seems quite similar. I've got 2 coco plants with 6 organic in this run just because I like to run new strains in coco so they don't go deficient. I also use coco for mother plants. So not that it has no place. But doing a large space of coco plants is wayyyy too much work. No issues except the first time they needed to be fed and they bounced back in a week. If the taste/smell is better (these are clones) I'll let you know.

Anthem

Anthem

I'd say the growth rate seems quite similar. I've got 2 coco plants with 6 organic in this run just because I like to run new strains in coco so they don't go deficient. I also use coco for mother plants. So not that it has no place. But doing a large space of coco plants is wayyyy too much work. No issues except the first time they needed to be fed and they bounced back in a week. If the taste/smell is better (these are clones) I'll let you know.
If you do not see substantial better growth rates in coco over soil you are doing something wrong. To run coco to the best of its ability the media needs to stay wet or damp pretty much all the time. Ferigation is the term for this, it is not all that much different than hydroponics. Secondly it is typical for deficiency to show more often in coco over soil.

2Bad

2Bad

If you do not see substantial better growth rates in coco over soil you are doing something wrong. To run coco to the best of its ability the media needs to stay wet or damp pretty much all the time. Ferigation is the term for this, it is not all that much different than hydroponics. Secondly it is typical for deficiency to show more often in coco over soil.
Oh yeah for sure they're in 7 gallons and only being watered ever 3 days. I'll admit it but i'm tryna do less not more. And never had deficiency in coco luckily @Aqua Man had my back first two grows!

2Bad

2Bad

If the end product is better the extra month of veg will be worth it. As well as way way less work.

2Bad

2Bad

Hey bro, I am in week 3 veg and itching to flip. The fan or water leaves are huge on my latest grow of trainwreck& tegrity-south park. I can't remember when I saw fan leaves so large,Cheers SS "Hang in there"!
Yeah clones don't give off those HUGE leaves lol. Sometimes I miss it lmaoo

7munkee

7munkee

I have the opposite problem. I couldn't use synthetics to save my life.

I switched to organics and my last 2 grows actually succeeded. Even the first one that I overwatered turned out better than any synthetic grow I ever did.

2Bad

2Bad

I have the opposite problem. I couldn't use synthetics to save my life.

I switched to organics and my last 2 grows actually succeeded. Even the first one that I overwatered turned out better than any synthetic grow I ever did.
GH trio and coco is very very simple. Especially with @Aqua Man behind you

Sunasun

Sunasun

Yeah clones don't give off those HUGE leaves lol. Sometimes I miss it lmaoo
Stop giving them too much light and they'll be huge. You're blasting your clones and not allowing them to grow their roots. It's like what a seedling goes through in the early stages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom