I woke up to this this morning

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Good to know both pumps outside of tent and no co2 enrichment either pump are on a shelf higher than the buckets to prevent and back siphon that could happen if I lost power.

What's everyone's take on a dark period before switching lights? I'm gonna try 34 hours.

I'm gonna try the dark period because I've read some science on it lol.

stukonarock

stukonarock

The reason your pH changes and you dont see a drop in ppm is likely that as your plants are using water they are using elements in different ratios than you are mixing. Remember some elements read higher on the ppm scale than others. The left behind elements are ones that tend to increase your pH or the ones the plants have pulled out were buffering the pH to the low side. Just correct the pH for now and prepare to change your nutrients sooner than you might have based on ppm readings. You should try to predict the balance of nutrients for your next change of nutrients so that the pH remains stable as the ppm's remain the same. When this happens you can be about as sure as possible without lab testing that you have it right on the $$$. The plants will tell you what they need.

stukonarock

stukonarock

Another possibility for the shift would be microbial activity. Could be good activity but more likely bad!

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Thanks for replies in the chart I'm following it says I'm ok so I'm not worried about it. I have some seeds Comming this week, so need to make room so flipping the lights now.

Put them in 34 hours darkness so I can see fir myself if it's worth it on future grows.

Got me some white widow seed for the resin content (only smoke concentrates myself), and some zkittles. Yummy

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well lights turned on this morning, and to work I got with changing the water.

Gotta say maybe it's a trick of my imagination but after 36 hours as I slept in a bit, everywhere are new white hairs. I'm guessing due to being mature clones to start off with makes the bloom period transition easier anyways.

The root mass has grown by 25% easily.

My critical Kush the thorn in my side this time round had been stunted and the leaves were very tiny, now the leaves are big the girl has shown growth in the darkness and neither plant seemed to stretch any!

I didn't check on them during the dark period but in that time ppms didn't drop a whole bit same with water lvls but ph went up to 6.5. It may be nuggs ph advise to raise up may be more applicable to my situation? Left the ph lvls at 6.0 today see how it goes.

Sorry for the long post lol.

I'm using 1000w equivalent blurples light and 2 100w equivalent red spec led light in my flower room. Would I benefit any from removing the 2 100w leds and installing 6 CFL bulbs? Or just leave as is?

If I should change to the big led with cfls do you figure I should put in warm white or cool white CFL bulbs? I have 6 cool bulbs 100w equivalent at home already.

Cheers guys thanks again

Top Bottom