IBA in VEG with UC Roots

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Seems like hormex will be a good source, have heard of some using KLN as well. Am interested in this myself.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Hortus IBA check out their site. Water soluble IBA is the key from my readings. I started to use this product in a side by side and got siderailed... What do you guys think...

snoopytime

snoopytime

I posted this recipe a long time ago, its still the way to go. In UC we dump in 2-4 ounces of the *final* dilution for a 130 gallon 16 site, I have never seen overdoing it with IBA, it doest add ppm or change ph, it doesnt burn shit . . im pretty sure if youwent psycho with it it would just backfire and slow root growth down. DS has told me on the phone "I outgrow root rot with IBA in the UC". Heres the recipe:
***********************************************************************************************************
If you wanna make your own IBA solution the strength of CLONEX GEL, which says '3 grams IBA per liter' on the bottle, buy the 25 gram bottle of this here for $74 -

Be sure to get the IBA-K , since its a water soluble salt, otherwise the plain IBA wont go into solution (dissolve)

Then take half the bottle of pure IBA powder (a shade over 12 grams) and fold it into a one gallon bottle of pure RO water. Shake it lol. This is now identical stregnth to CLONEX GEL.

Now if you wanna rock the DS trick of adding it to your hydro solution instead of RE etc, a second dilution is necessary to make it a simple '1ml per gallon' additive . .

To make a quart of '1ml per gallon' (DIY roots excel minus the pinch of beneficials) - add 50ml of your "DIY CLONEX" gallon from above to 950ml of RO water in your empty quart(or liter) nute bottle.

To make a gallon of '1ml per gallon' (DIY roots excel minus the pinch of beneficials) - add 200ml of your "DIY CLONEX" gallon from above to an empty gallon nute bottle then top it off with almost a gallon of RO -

tada! you now know how to make 160+ litres of sterile RE for how much? is it 160 x $180 = $28,800?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Fukk that! how about $74! sounds better . . with all that leftover money not buying H&G another weekend in the Palms rockstar suite lolol you can get yourself a new car instead!

Props to DS - a true scientist!

PS - when you order the IBA powder you get an email that says you need to provide a 'science project' description so they can tell what you need the powder for. Just lookup the latin name for some plant and say you are testing rooting behavior at various dilutions of IBA.

PSS - if $74 is STILL too much because you need super ape-shit amounts, get it here for around $180 a KILO DELIVERED of pure.
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=iba+potassium

PSSS - This stuff likes it cold and dark, keep the powder in the fridge and the mix in at least a dark cabinet if you can.

Peace out

Top Bottom