Icemuds Everything Journal: Fem Seed Project, Flowering Plants, Veg And More...

• Thread starter Icemud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icemud

Icemud

Hey Everyone....

I'm pretty new here at THC farmer, was a lurker for many years and not new to cannabis forums, just this one :) You may have even heard of me or saw me before as I have been a led tester in the past for quite a few companies and now I'm just working on my own garden, making feminized seeds of all of my strains, and sharing the experience with others as I learn more and more.

I work in the industry professionally as well, so I'm quite up on whats going on, laws, regs, trends and all and love everything about cannabis and have for over 2 decades. I've only grown for probably about 6 or 7 years max, and still have a ton to learn but still love teaching what I know, especially about plant lighting.

Anyhow I invite all of you to join me in my everything journal, as we make feminized seeds, and hybrid crosses, as I run through different grows for personal meds, as well as discuss new and important things that I come across in the industry, at least here in cali...

Well Everyone Join in the fun and lets get this thing started!!!

and please no trolling or any negative vibes... lets enjoy what we all love peacfully and with respect :) one love!

Here are the grow journal details and specs:

What strain is it?
All of my strains are from clones, not seeds. I've run most of them numerous times and know that they represent the true cali versions of these cultivars.

I will be using a trainwreck female to spray with colloidal silver (50ppm) to reverse and make pollen to not only self and make S1's, but also will be crossed with some of the strains below. The rest of the cultivarss will be used in future projects or flowered out for personal meds.

All of the following cultivars will be crossed using the Trainwreck Pollen

Tangie Lineage: California Orange (Cali O) x [Skunk #1 x Unknown] Sativa Dominiant
***I will be running my 2 favorite phentypes from my pheno hunt a few grows back, pheno 5 and 3

Harlequin Lineage: Columbian Gold 70s x Thailand x Swizerland x Nepal

Black Cherry Soda: (nobody really knows the exact lineage of this strain as far as I know, but I was hinted towards it being possibly Airborne G13 X Ortega x C99 x Blackberry x Cherry AK-47 – 20% Indica/80% Sativa")

Mendo Grape Kush: Mendo Purps x O.G. Kush x Grapefruit

Trainwreck: Mexican (Sativa), Thai (Sativa), Afghani (Indica)

Gorilla Glue #4: Sour Dubb x Chemdog's Sister x Chocolate Diesel

Ogiesel (SFV OG x Chemdog x Mass Super Skunk)

Also Cultivars I have on hand that will be in this journal, but not part of the current seed project are:

Grand Daddy Purple (kens): Purple Urkle x Big Bud (commonly known as, however Kens description of the lineage is different. I've dug around it it seems that there are a few different claimed origins of GDP but this one is the real deal that I tasted back circa 2001-2002 with that unique grape/lavender type flavor that GDP is known for. Not sure what the original genetics are as I haven't seen a true unique story verified.

Skywalker OG: Based on rumor this strain has a few different origins, there is a Skywalker (blueberry x mazar) x OG kush which I think some call the fake version. This is not what I have. There is also a more sativa dom one that is in clone form on the west coast said to be OG kush x sour diesel andbased on phylos galaxy it appears to be in close relation between dogwalker og and sour diesel which I believe may be the parents. This strain has a lot of OG influence so very excited to have it again (ran it before and lost it) and I can tell it has the traditional OG kush structure.

Private Reserve OG: I'm extremely excited to have a cut of Private Reserve OG which supposedly from what I have read is a stabilized OG cut from Ogrnkid and when I look at the phylos galaxy it shows it is very far out in the og area, and has very little genetic variation which is true to the story. I can't wait to have some S'1s of this for keeping that traditional OG flavor around for years from now as well as breeding it with other strains I have in hopes to possibly get some hybrid vigor out of it being stabilized and hitting it with other fairly inbred strains.

Tangie #3 is one of 2 tangie phenos I have from a phenotype hunt I did about 2 years ago. Both phenos have a very strong and pungent orange rind/citrus/tangerine smell to them mixed with almost a spicy garlic and very very potent but pheno 3 has a very low leaf to bud ratio where pheno #5 has more leaves and a more sativa dom structure

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoors.

Grow Area Description and equipment
Each grow tent is a Hydrohut silver edition 2x4' tent. Actual measurements are larger and each tent measures approx 2.5'x5'x7'. Each tent is equipped with a large carbon filter (Can-filter), 6" fan on a manual variable speed controller. Intake air is sucked into the tent by the negative pressure and let in the lower portion of the tent on each side. Also the flowering tent is equipped with 2 circulation fans...one on an intake hose at ground level, and the other on the roof of the tent blowing downwards. The lights are LED's and I am running in the flowering tent 3x budmaster hybrid god/cob LEDs that I swapped out modules to mix the spectrum, and in my seed project tent I am using the Budmaster HPS-6 LEDs.

Is it aircooled?
The lights are cooled by individual fans to disperse the heat given off by the lights. A pin style heat sink is used on each module. The case has plenty of holes and openings for ventilation.

The tent is cooled by a 6" hydrofarm fan hooked to a large carbon scrubber mounted at the top of my grow tent.

Soil or Hydro?
Soil.... Its a mix of a newer mixture of soil and some old 3+ year old soil which is re amended as needed.

If soil... what is in your mix?
The basic ingredients/additives are below

The Base Soil Mix:
ProMix HP 4 parts
Worm Castings 1 part
Ocean Forest 1 part
Coco Coir 2 parts
Charcoal
Volcanic pumice
Perlite

The Amendments:
Basalt micronized powder
Calcium Carbonate Powder 97%
Soft Rock Phosphate (Collidal Clay with high phosphorus and CEC value)
Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)
Kelp Meal (also has growth hormones and PGR's, plus trace minerals)
Powdered Humic Acid (Adds Carbons to the soil as well as trace minerals and aids in chelation of minerals)
Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate)

If soil... What size pot?
For this grow I will be keeping the plants in 3 gallon round pots for the entire grow, which means I will have to water frequently and heavily bottle feed.

Temp of Room/cab?
usually my ambient temps stay between 75F-85F (during the current summer months the upper portion of the tent can reach 93F while the canopy stays roughly 85F.

RH of Room/cab?
my RH typically stays right around 50% but sometimes (rarely) the winds come off the desert and dry the RH down to 10% or less. Usually in the winter months of October, November, December and January we see a lot of offshore breezes and low humidity.

PH of media or res?
I don't check PH of the soil, and usually don't check the feedings either, but sometimes I will verify its around 6-6.5.

Any Pests ?
No pests at all

I do use a few preventative measures to make sure it stays this way..
I grow high brix, so typically pests don't go for high brix plants.
I spray in veg with spinosad which pretty much prevents any pests from wanting to breed
I use yucca extract in soil and foliar sprays which also seems to be a great pest deterrent.

How often are you watering?
This depends on the portion of the cycle I am in, but typically I water about 1x per week in early veg, in late veg about 1x every 3-4 days, In early flowering about 1x every 3-4 days, late flowering about 1x per 5-6 days.

Type and strength of ferts used?
All nutrients and pest products used are 100% certified OMRI organic with the exception of my silicone additives (armor SI and bulletproof SI)

My main nutrients (bottled): (all organic/natural)
Earthjuice: Grow, Bloom, Meta K, Microblast, Catalyst
Humboldt nutrients: bloom, equilibrium, humic acid, deuce deuce
Thrive alive B1 organic
Yucca Extract

Other nutrients on hand include and may be used:
occasional additive:
Advanced Nutrients: carboload, organic b, fulvic acid
General Organics: hydrolyzed squid, florablend tea,
Bonide: liquid fish 2-4-0...love this stuff!
Armor SI (potassium silicate) (non organic)
Bulletproof SI (silicone dioxide) (non organic)

I hope you all can join along, have fun, learn and enjoy this seed project as we create tons of new strains and have fun with growing!

Enjoy everyone!!!

Please note that I plan on this being an ongoing journal with many projects so things will change over time as well as the above nutrients, strains and details.

Icemud

Icemud

Hey everyone!!!

So today actually makes for day 14 of flowering for my Trainwreck that is in a 3rd grow tent by itself, getting sprayed with 50ppm colloidal silver every day 1x. I am only spraying 3 of about 5 branches total. 2 of the branches I have been spraying every single day, and one branch I only sprayed 3x total with CS right after the flowers started to show.

The trainwreck is much slower to flower than the other strains I have so its just starting to show a mix of female pisils and what looks to be starting to show a change from the unsprayed flowers which is a good sign
permagrin.gif

I have not yet started flowering on my other plants that will be getting pollinated as I wanted to try something different this time, and instead of starting them all at the same time, I wanted to get the plant I am reversing (trainwreck) a head start so that I get more mature seeds at the end of the project and hopefully a bigger yield of both seeds and possibly pollen too which I would love to collect.

So I give it about 1 more week, and we will be moving the trainwreck over to the tent with the vegging girls and we will start flowering them all together.

The strains that I will be hitting with trainwreck pollen are:

trainwreck
ogiesel
black cherry soda
harlequin
mendo grape kush
tangie
gg#4

I wish I could have included some of my other genetics in as well which is why I hope to collect pollen and be able to follow up right away with other strains and getting trainwreck pollen, or saving it to a later time.

Well here are the photos of my veg tent with all my genetics. I ended up picking up 2 new strains, Skywalker OG and Private Reserve OG which are both highly sought after and very dank. Plus their genetic profiles are very unique and great for breeding.

Here is my tent with all my genetics in veg:
20170820 213125
20170820 213129

And here is my tent with the girls awaiting to get pollinated (minus the 2 smaller plants which will be changed to another tent when I move over the reversed trainwreck:
20170806 155402
20170820 213206
20170820 213219

Funk junky

Funk junky

hello icemud I remember you from another forum but don't think we spoke. at time you were using mars 11 then switched to there pro version. would like to thank you cause you were having a debate with a hps grower about yield and you mentioned about using more led to your space witch I did with great results. I will be following your thread mate

Icemud

Icemud

hello icemud I remember you from another forum but don't think we spoke. at time you were using mars 11 then switched to there pro version. would like to thank you cause you were having a debate with a hps grower about yield and you mentioned about using more led to your space witch I did with great results. I will be following your thread mate
Hey Funky Junky! Welcome!

Yea I started out my 1st few grows with HPS + Ceramic Metal Halide, before most even had heard of them and then moved over to Mars IIs and their reflector to try out LED. Then moved to a brand that was absolute crap I won't even mention, then advanced led, and now budmaster. I really enjoy trying out new lighting technolgy, spectrums, led chip designs and layouts and all. Lately I've taken a break from testing new lights because I've been focusing on making seeds. I know that with the industry going commercial, I have a feeling a lot of these classic and amazing genetics that I have had around for a couple years now may somehow disappear or change so I want to not only work on making s1's of all my cultivars, but also I've been crossing them all with each other to create new blends and crosses.

I had great results with my 1st seed run using Colloidal silver on my black cherry soda, and harvested a lot of seeds, however I tried 2 other kinds, ogiesel and gdp and for whatever reason pollen sacks developed, but I didn't get any pollen. So I"m trying again and hopefully this time I will get trainwreck to create pollen and about 16 day into spraying/flowering so I'm about it add it to the room and start the others flowering too. I"m just going to wait a little longer until it fully showing pollen sacks :)

Yea I have definitely had some good witty battles in regards to lighting... I try to keep the peace now as I just have far less time to argue with folks online now... haha, I like to try to keep positive :)

Sorry for rambling, but happy to have ya here and following along! stay tuned for updates weekly.

ahemait

ahemait

Ah! A like minded individual. I'm in the process of selfing for preservation purpose. I have similar concerns about seed stocks come the new age of legal breeding.

Icemud

Icemud

Ah! A like minded individual. I'm in the process of selfing for preservation purpose. I have similar concerns about seed stocks come the new age of legal breeding.

Yeah, the industry is going to definitely change due to all the big money, big pharma and big Ag coming into the picture. I've already seen reports of GMO cannabis in Colorado by big AG, and from what I hear there even may be a way to patent certain cultivars so definitely making sure my seed bank is stocked for the future. I see good and bad in it... I see good with the use of genetic markers and selective breeding to create true breeding cultivars (which currently don't exist as far as I am aware of) because this can allow for certain terpenes, or certain cannabinoids to be isolated for medical application which I think is good, as long as the breeding is done natural without actual gene replacement from other species. I don't like the potential for GMO cannabis though which also is already happening.

Thats why I want to make my own seeds, grow my own meds... I just don't trust others doing it for me. :)

ahemait

ahemait

Yeah, the industry is going to definitely change due to all the big money, big pharma and big Ag coming into the picture. I've already seen reports of GMO cannabis in Colorado by big AG, and from what I hear there even may be a way to patent certain cultivars so definitely making sure my seed bank is stocked for the future. I see good and bad in it... I see good with the use of genetic markers and selective breeding to create true breeding cultivars (which currently don't exist as far as I am aware of) because this can allow for certain terpenes, or certain cannabinoids to be isolated for medical application which I think is good, as long as the breeding is done natural without actual gene replacement from other species. I don't like the potential for GMO cannabis though which also is already happening.

Thats why I want to make my own seeds, grow my own meds... I just don't trust others doing it for me. :)
Testify!

Funk junky

Funk junky

it was my plan to start making seed too for the same reasons unfortunately had a few hitchs and don't think its possible in this house. in fact I'm having to stay well low key at mo due to security risk. just have to tone it down a bit. how are the budmasters for heat found some of the mars hotter than I thought?

Icemud

Icemud

it was my plan to start making seed too for the same reasons unfortunately had a few hitchs and don't think its possible in this house. in fact I'm having to stay well low key at mo due to security risk. just have to tone it down a bit. how are the budmasters for heat found some of the mars hotter than I thought?

Yea security will always be a risk so I tend to stick to myself a lot and take percautions too, even though in the current state of the law I'm medically legal, who knows how that will change in the near future here. Also part of the reason I want to make seeds now.

I actually like the Budmasters quite a bit, they are actually very efficient and I believe the last tests they were somewhere around 1.83umol/joule which is actually really good for these types of overhead higher wattage Led chips.

Heat is just a factor of actual draw wattage in closed tents like I have, so really regardless of the type of light, whether its a 400w LED, a 400w premium led, a 400w hps without a hood, or 400w worth of CFL. all of them would put close to exactly the same heat in my small closed tent. The reason why is heat is directly related to the watt draw... 1w = 3.41 BTU if I can remember correctly so they all let out the same heat load in a closed room/environment, regardless of spectrum, or efficiency.

Why this is true is because in a closed tent, you have 400w going in, some of that turns immediately into heat as waste heat, and the other portion turns into light. When light hits a surface it becomes heat unless it is absorbed and stored like a plant does. Therefore all light that enters my tent becomes heat, so no matter the efficiency of the light, or type, if it has the same wattage draw, the heat load would be virtually the same, (subtracting only the photon absorption efficiency of each light into the plant which is a very marginal amount like 4% or something is actually stored and used. )The rest pretty much is reflected only to turn into heat eventually, or released as heat energy from chemical process in the plant.

Now also I have realized that the walls of an environment can make a difference in the above statement, due to the fact that heat can transfer through some surfaces easier than others, so depending on the type of paint on the walls, and how fast the heat transfers vs stays in the room this also can slightly influence the temperature, but generally speaking the heat would be the same if same wattage.

LED's also I have found to actually be hotter than HID bulbs of the same wattage when using a air cooled hood on the HID. You have heat removed quickly by the air cooled hood but LEDs put all the waste heat directly into your grow area so they can actually be hotter to run than an equal wattage HID in a air cooled hood.

:) So to answer your question shortly, I didn't notice much difference between the mars ii which were 180w and the Budmaster God 4 as they are also right around 180w. The biggest difference though is peformance and the osrams that budmaster uses are anywhere from 2x to almost 5x as bright as the mars for the same wattage. Really they are 2 completely different categories of lights

Icemud

Icemud

Hey all!!!

Update time!!!

So today makes day 1 of flowering (well actually yesterday was) for the girls in my seed project tent. This also makes day 24 of flowering for my female turning male trainwreck that I have had in a separate tent and have been spraying with Colloidal Silver every day 1x for the past 24 days.

This round I am using approx 50ppm solution. I purchased 240ppm and dilluted it by 1/4 which brought it right around the 50-60ppm area although I did not verify it with a ppm meter. I have only been spraying the nodes and immediately surrounding leaves instead of like I did on the last 2 round where I sprayed the whole plant. I think the node spraying is better as the full leaf spraying really damaged leaves on previous runs so this definitely has helped the plant be healthier, although not in perfect shape due to a recent overwatering. (cooler room, cooler soil, less light but gave her the same water as the others) oops..

Well I finally there is a good cluster of male pollen sacks starting to pop through on the 3 branches I have been spraying, while the other 2 branches seem to be female still. I did spray one of the branches just 1 single time with CS just to see if it has any effect at all, so we will see but so far its still female.

Other than that I hope to see pollen in the next coming week or 2. I really wanted to get the pollen sacks fully developed before moving the other plants to 12/12 but I also have other plants rooting and needing space to grow in pots so had to slightly push things foward however the 2-3 week head start should hopefully provide many more mature seeds.

I also removed one of the White/full spectrum LEDs and replaced it with the blurple version, as my successful seed run was under the blurple light, and not the full spectrum, therefore I swapped out one just to promote extra red in the tent. I don't have any scientific proof that it would help but curiosity told me to try it so what the hay...

Well not much else to report on, so here are some photos
20170829 183705
20170829 183726 HDR
20170829 183824
20170829 183837

Icemud

Icemud

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to drop a quick update on my seed project...

Today makes day 7 flowering for all of the female plants that I have going at this time, and I think that makes it around day 30 or so of the trainwreck (reversed) showing pollen sacks.

The Trainwreck I have been spraying every day since the flip to 12/12 with a 50-60ppm colloidal silver spray and the pollen sacks are definitely stacking well. None of the pollen sacks have open up yet, however it looks like within the next few days there may be some popping open which would be great to know whether there is pollen in them or not (a few failed/false/no pollen runs has me skeptical).

What is really cool on the reversed trainwreck is that only 2 branches I have been spraying with colloidal silver and they show full pollen sack formation, however on all the other branches that I have not sprayed, they are all female and starting to gain trichomes. Very interesting that you can just spray certain branches and the rest let alone. Good to know

Well I gave all the girls a earth juice tea feeding today as they were getting pretty thirsty. Not much else to report today so here are some photos
20170904 232634
20170904 232721
20170904 232740
20170904 232748
20170904 232758
20170904 232802
20170904 232807
20170904 232812
20170904 232818
20170904 233039
20170904 233059
20170904 233111
20170904 233116

Icemud

Icemud

Quick update... The grow above failed as the pollen sacks never produced any pollen... therefore no seeds were made either... which was quite a bummer. I changed up things, and ordered all the chemicals to make STS or Silver Thiosulfate, which is known to work better than Colloidal silver so we will see.

Anyhow I now am running some of Hazeman's Pine Tar Kush which it seems other say is 79'XmasBud. I will start from where I currently am in this grow... which is early veg.

Icemud

Icemud

Hey Everyone!!! UPdate time!!

Today I got my other grow tent all clean and cleared out from my past failed seed project and moved the 79XMasBud girls into their new home which they will remain for the remainder of this grow. In total I cracked 8 total seeds in water, and all 8 popped and were placed in soil. 2 of the seeds failed to emerge out of the soil, but 6 of them did and so in todays update you will see a total of 6 PineTarKush/79XmasBud plants

The oldest of the Xmasbud are really starting to stink with goodness, very very skunky smell coming off the leaves which is a great sign I'm not really able to differentiate between the phenos as they are still very young and smell about the same so hopefully I will get more pine tones out of the smell as they mature. This line supposedly is rather unworked so there should be some variation in the ones I am growing so only time will tell. In terms of growth and features they all look pretty similar.

In other news, I decided to order all of the supply's to make STS or Silver Thiosulfate for future feminized seed projects. I may try to slip a feminized seed project in-between the flowering of these Xmasbuds, but still haven't decided as I have a lot of strains on hand and it takes a lot of careful planning to play plant tetris in my grow tents, making sure I have enough room. So if I decide to do it prior to the flowering of these Xmasbud plants, I will include it in this journal.

Well not much else to report on. The plants are still going on their original watering when I popped the seeds in the soil and I want to let the soil dry out before watering again. There is a slight Mg deficiency on some of them which will be addressed in the next feeding which will probably be near the end of the week.

Here are today's pics.
20180305 203204
20180305 203209
20180305 203213
20180305 203217
20180305 203225

Icemud

Icemud

Hey Everyone!!!

Update time!

March 22, 2018...

So as of today, we are slightly over a month of these Pine Tar Kush aka '79 Xmas Bud plants in soil and so far they are looking great. The one plant with the mutant leaves and/or genetic defect has started to show some more uniform leaf formation and less discoloring so it seems to be correcting itself which is good glad I left it alone. I still will breed with it and grow it out, unless it turns out to be a male (and I have more than 1) in which then I will most likely destroy it because I don't want the odd genetic issues passing on to future seeds, however if it stays a female I will let it get pollenated, but then just mark the seeds so I know that those will be for personal exploration but not to give them out to anyone...

The plants still haven't been using much water yet, so I have only had to water them 1x other than when the seeds went into the ground which is nice, and it seems the Mg and K issues that were showing have now subsided and the plants seem to be growing very healthy which is great.

I did notice that the skunky smell that they had before has almost disappeared, and there is virtually no smell which is odd, so I am wondering if it is because I chanced them from a "blurple" light to a white/full spectrum light, or if its just because its a stage of growth... not sure.... anyhow I'm sure they smell will come back

Other than that, I decided to pop 2 more seeds just to have a good selection for the open pollen project, so they just cracked 5 days ago, were popped into soil, and now are tiny seedlings that have come through the ground. I've read a few places that some people were having germination issues with these seeds, however I have popped in total 10 seeds, 10 of 10 cracked in water, and when planted 8 of 10 sprouted which is a 80% germ rate which is actually very good. So not sure how others were getting bad results but in my case, the results were great (thanks Hazeman)

Other than that... I may be doing a seed project in a separate tent while these plants get more mature and much larger. Right now they are only about 12" tall if that... and before I breed them I would like to get them to about 3' tall, so I'm guessing at the rate they are growing I will need about 2 months, which is about perfect time to flower out my other tent and try doing a seed project, now that I have ordered Silver Thiosulfate, I should get better results than I did in the past with CS (colloidal silver). The plant that I most likely will be hitting will be trainwreck, as I have 2 of them mature right now and ready for breeding, and I will cross pollenate it with all the other strains in my possession currently.

Super excited to get these seed projects going

Here are some photos of the Pine Tar Kush aka '79 Xmas Bud.

20180321 230140
20180321 230151
20180321 230159
20180321 230203
20180321 230207

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Hey everyone!!!

So today actually makes for day 14 of flowering for my Trainwreck that is in a 3rd grow tent by itself, getting sprayed with 50ppm colloidal silver every day 1x. I am only spraying 3 of about 5 branches total. 2 of the branches I have been spraying every single day, and one branch I only sprayed 3x total with CS right after the flowers started to show.

The trainwreck is much slower to flower than the other strains I have so its just starting to show a mix of female pisils and what looks to be starting to show a change from the unsprayed flowers which is a good sign
permagrin.gif

I have not yet started flowering on my other plants that will be getting pollinated as I wanted to try something different this time, and instead of starting them all at the same time, I wanted to get the plant I am reversing (trainwreck) a head start so that I get more mature seeds at the end of the project and hopefully a bigger yield of both seeds and possibly pollen too which I would love to collect.

So I give it about 1 more week, and we will be moving the trainwreck over to the tent with the vegging girls and we will start flowering them all together.

The strains that I will be hitting with trainwreck pollen are:

trainwreck
ogiesel
black cherry soda
harlequin
mendo grape kush
tangie
gg#4

I wish I could have included some of my other genetics in as well which is why I hope to collect pollen and be able to follow up right away with other strains and getting trainwreck pollen, or saving it to a later time.

Well here are the photos of my veg tent with all my genetics. I ended up picking up 2 new strains, Skywalker OG and Private Reserve OG which are both highly sought after and very dank. Plus their genetic profiles are very unique and great for breeding.

Here is my tent with all my genetics in veg:
View attachment 732107 View attachment 732108

And here is my tent with the girls awaiting to get pollinated (minus the 2 smaller plants which will be changed to another tent when I move over the reversed trainwreck:
View attachment 732109 View attachment 732110 View attachment 732111
I’m very pleased to see another tangie grower here. Mine is from reserva privada. Smells exactly as described, and she is a HUGE yielded. You got a lot of great gens here. If it were me, your grape Mendo x tangie would be an awesome cross to try.

Icemud

Icemud

I’m very pleased to see another tangie grower here. Mine is from reserva privada. Smells exactly as described, and she is a HUGE yielded. You got a lot of great gens here. If it were me, your grape Mendo x tangie would be an awesome cross to try.

Yea Tangie is a really nice strain.... had flavors ranging from a garlic like orange rind smell, to a more buttery sweet floral citrus smell but all were very appealing. I have to say tangie is definitely more of a finicky plant though, as it seems to be unhappy with moist soil, ph fluxuations, and even too high soil EC it freaks out.. definitely more of a challenging strain to nail without a lot of TLC.

yea, mendo grape kush is an awesome strain... whats odd is it doesn't have any grape flavor... Instead it takes on a sweet citrus smell with an indescribable palette as well. I love the way it grows, with the leaves in the "praying" type position and thrives in all conditions. I definitely want to breed the mendo grape in the near future and now that I picked up some Silver Thiosfulfate, I think I will have better luck.

Unfortunately I lost my #5 pheno over the years due to too many strains, not enough care, and it died, but I still have my pungent garlic orange rhind pheno #3 which will be somehow worked into the future picture for breeding. I also have a couple of the original tangie seeds left too... not sure the source of them. I got them from one of my buddies from Norcal, an older guy thats been growing for decades and has some relationships I believe with DNA genetics... so maybe he got them from him.... He told me they were either tangie, or tangerine dream, which from my understanding they are the same thing... definitely looks just like some of the phenos I've seen posted by Crockett Farms too... so maybe from them? not sure exactly but its definitely Tangie :)

I hit my tangie (all 3 keeper phenos) with my Black Cherry Soda (reversed) and called it Black and Tange, and have a few testers out there with some friends and growers I know and so far the feedback is excellent. I had a local grower run it in a ebb and flow system and it came back with some interesting variations, ranging from one tasting like an orange dreamsicle, and another tasted like sweet muffin batter. Very interesting to say the least. :)

So many strains still I have on deck and so little room to work them... Once I finish this Pine Tar Kush open pollen project I will be working on narrowing down some of the genetics I have, and selfing a lot of them to make fem IBL seeds of each, to hopefully save the genetics for future working and hopefully some surprises too :)

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Yea Tangie is a really nice strain.... had flavors ranging from a garlic like orange rind smell, to a more buttery sweet floral citrus smell but all were very appealing. I have to say tangie is definitely more of a finicky plant though, as it seems to be unhappy with moist soil, ph fluxuations, and even too high soil EC it freaks out.. definitely more of a challenging strain to nail without a lot of TLC.

yea, mendo grape kush is an awesome strain... whats odd is it doesn't have any grape flavor... Instead it takes on a sweet citrus smell with an indescribable palette as well. I love the way it grows, with the leaves in the "praying" type position and thrives in all conditions. I definitely want to breed the mendo grape in the near future and now that I picked up some Silver Thiosfulfate, I think I will have better luck.

Unfortunately I lost my #5 pheno over the years due to too many strains, not enough care, and it died, but I still have my pungent garlic orange rhind pheno #3 which will be somehow worked into the future picture for breeding. I also have a couple of the original tangie seeds left too... not sure the source of them. I got them from one of my buddies from Norcal, an older guy thats been growing for decades and has some relationships I believe with DNA genetics... so maybe he got them from him.... He told me they were either tangie, or tangerine dream, which from my understanding they are the same thing... definitely looks just like some of the phenos I've seen posted by Crockett Farms too... so maybe from them? not sure exactly but its definitely Tangie :)

I hit my tangie (all 3 keeper phenos) with my Black Cherry Soda (reversed) and called it Black and Tange, and have a few testers out there with some friends and growers I know and so far the feedback is excellent. I had a local grower run it in a ebb and flow system and it came back with some interesting variations, ranging from one tasting like an orange dreamsicle, and another tasted like sweet muffin batter. Very interesting to say the least. :)

So many strains still I have on deck and so little room to work them... Once I finish this Pine Tar Kush open pollen project I will be working on narrowing down some of the genetics I have, and selfing a lot of them to make fem IBL seeds of each, to hopefully save the genetics for future working and hopefully some surprises too :)
That’s very interesting hearing that about it. The only issue I’ve had which was my own problem was depriving it of N early in bloom. It likes to yellow up early. I decided to give it a strong feeding of grow nutes after a week of flip so it could last longer towards the end of the cycle. I’m hitting 850 ppms and that’s about the only downfall. She is absolutely stinky and packing t on man! I’ve also tried the black cherry soda and she too is a nice looking flower, unfortunately it’s potency wasn’t enough for me to back to it. Anyways I think you got a lot of great ideas, keep it going brotha!

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Call it “Cherry Orange Crush”

Icemud

Icemud

Hey Everyone!

Quick update!! Happy Easter Everyone!

Well things are moving along in the 79 Xmas Bud open pollen project and pheno hunt but still have about a month of veg to go. All of the other strains I will be crossing with Xmas Bud are now in soil and starting to spread their roots and I will be hitting each of my strains with whatever pollen is produced to not only create more Xmas Bud seeds but also crosses with my other strains too such as: gg4, private reserve og, skywalker og, ogiesel, black cherry soda, harlequin, mendo grape kush, GDP and trainwreck.

I am debating whether to whip up a batch of silver thiosulfate and start a feminized seed project while I wait for the other strains to mature, or if I should just focus on the Xmas Bud project so I will be deciding that this week. Overall I think I will most likely move forward with the fem seed project using STS because it will get me 1 step closer to reducing my strains I have on hand which is my whole goal and I have 2 plants ready to go for reversing: my trainwreck and my Private Reserve OG. These I may or may not show in the journal via photos but I may leak a few photos here and there.

Other than that, I decided to ask for my job back in the cannabis industry. I quite back in january due to being overworked, underpaid and very stressed, however, I was working for a really great group of people and really able to learn a ton while getting paid doing what I love so tomorrow I go back to my old job. I was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, meaning swallowing my pride and asking but I figured there is only 1 way to know and that is to put fear and worries behind me and just do it... and it worked out. I will be working as a complaince manager making sure our extraction lab and facility are completely by the book as well as doing the same for the distribution licenses so I will probably be very busy indulging in legal jargon and regulations, but its a challenge and I like challenges so lets get it on! haha. Anyhow wish me luck going back to my old gig.

Other than that the 79 Xmas Buds are doing great, The seedlings are taking quite a while to really pick up speed but they are finally getting to that point that any day now I know they will start taking off in growth. I have a total of 8 Xmas Buds going so hopefully I get at least 1 or 2 males and the rest being female, but at least 1 male is all I really want so I can get pollen and make crosses as well as F1's... well technically I guess they would be F3's being that the seeds I believe are already F2... but I will just say since its open pollen and not specifically narrowing down traits its fair to say these will most likely be F1's.

Here are the photos for today...

20180401 222344
20180401 222351
20180401 222357
20180401 222403
20180401 222406
20180401 222418
20180401 222437

Icemud

Icemud

Hey Everyone!!!

Today makes day 41 of flowering (from the flip to 12/12) on the 79 Xmas Bud seed project! So far it looks like pollen has been received by all strains in the tent, some strains its definitely more visible and some strains have far more seeds than others but they all have signs of seeds Sweet!!!

As for the Xmas Bud plants, they are looking great and full of seeds! They all have similar but slightly different smells, but all have a lemon/lime pine smell, more pine than lime/lemon but its really not super strong right now so its really hard to get a nose on them. I will probably be letting them go another 2 weeks, maybe 3 since the mendo grape kush is about 3 weeks behind the others and a little extra time will hopefully help all the seeds be fully mature upon harvest.

Not much to report on as of now, so here are some photos

79 Xmas Bud x 79 Xmas Bud
79 Xmas Bud aka Pine Tar Kush 1
79 Xmas Bud aka Pine Tar Kush 2
79 Xmas Bud aka Pine Tar Kush 3
79 Xmas Bud aka Pine Tar Kush 4
79 Xmas Bud aka Pine Tar Kush 5
79 Xmas Bud aka Pine Tar Kush 6

Top Bottom