Ideal Perpetual Grow Room Dimensions/Quantity

• Thread starter Clutch420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clutch420

Clutch420

Folks,

I'm very new to growing, but i want to do it right the first time or as close to that as possible without completely breaking the bank. I'm trying to get the right size grow rooms and the right amount of grow rooms. My plan is to grow four mother plants, take clones from them, grow them in a veg room, and then flower them in a separate flowering room. Could i get away with 1 flower room, 1 veg room, and then another area for clones? Should i not have clones in the veg stage in the same room as my mother plants? Note: I'm looking to possibly have 4 to 6 flowering plants at any given time. So I suppose that means I'll have 4-6 in veg state as well.

So in summary...
4 Mother plants
4-6 Clones at any given time
4-6 Vegetative plants
4-6 Flowering plants

What would you guys do? I know there are recommendations out there for room sizes, but I want some real life opinions.

Thanks!
Clutch

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Folks,

I'm very new to growing, but i want to do it right the first time or as close to that as possible without completely breaking the bank. I'm trying to get the right size grow rooms and the right amount of grow rooms. My plan is to grow four mother plants, take clones from them, grow them in a veg room, and then flower them in a separate flowering room. Could i get away with 1 flower room, 1 veg room, and then another area for clones? Should i not have clones in the veg stage in the same room as my mother plants? Note: I'm looking to possibly have 4 to 6 flowering plants at any given time. So I suppose that means I'll have 4-6 in veg state as well.

So in summary...
4 Mother plants
4-6 Clones at any given time
4-6 Vegetative plants
4-6 Flowering plants

What would you guys do? I know there are recommendations out there for room sizes, but I want some real life opinions.

Thanks!
Clutch
I use the same 4x8 area for vegging clones, seedlings, and mothers. (T5 for rooting clones and seedlings and a 300 watt LED for teens and mothers.) Then a separate 4x8 area to flower.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Id run 2 4x4's or even 5x5's that would give you extra area in the veg tent. With clones you do not need the bright light so that may impose a problem depending how your lights are setup.

Ive got a 2x4 that I thought I could fit 3 17 gal totes into but that isnt going to work, id almost go as big as possible that way you have room to grow

Clutch420

Clutch420

Id run 2 4x4's or even 5x5's that would give you extra area in the veg tent. With clones you do not need the bright light so that may impose a problem depending how your lights are setup.

Ive got a 2x4 that I thought I could fit 3 17 gal totes into but that isnt going to work, id almost go as big as possible that way you have room to grow

room to grow haha. Thank you!!

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

All serious now. I use two tents that are 2x4 and I can fit technically 4-6 small plants in there. I’m growing for personal so I don’t require a lot of extra. Lol

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Now that 4x8s are mentioned id almost go with that. 1 4x8 for flower and 1 4x4 for veg. Depending how many strains you want to keep/use in rotation the veg may need to be bigger.

Clutch420

Clutch420

Now that 4x8s are mentioned id almost go with that. 1 4x8 for flower and 1 4x4 for veg. Depending how many strains you want to keep/use in rotation the veg may need to be bigger.

you could keep 4 mother plants and 4 plants in veg in a 4x4 tent?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Haha I’m serious!!! I have done it to where I have a plant that literally looks like a bonsai tree in my collage dorm when I was young. In 2, 2x2 no less. I would pick off almost all of the big fan leaves and only leave a couple. And leave all the growth tips and let it go for a bit then top and repeat till I had 16 then took 8 clones then toped again. And when I would transplant I would cut the roots to a square. Like with a knife. Lol it took a while longer then why I explained but you get the gist. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom