Identification struggle with balls producing pistils etc

• Thread starter Marcovanbasten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Marcovanbasten

So I'm struggling with this plant, yeah it has balls but some balls have pistils and some are opening into what looks like bud sites. Any help would be appreciated. I was over on Rollitup, great site for a laugh, terrible for growing advice. It's where all the cowboys hangout that can't wait to express their lack of a sex drive, the dudes really need to get laid more often. They have the site a complete shit fest lately. Cheers peeps.
Identification struggle with balls producing pistils etc
Identification struggle with balls producing pistils etc 2
Identification struggle with balls producing pistils etc 3

M

Marcovanbasten

Cheers. So follow up questions. If the closed balls are typically male, and the open bud like sites with pistils are female or Hermies, would the male flowers not open first? Also if the open ones are Hermies would the entire tent infected with pollen? Cheers again.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those are definite male flowers in the upper left pic.

M

Marcovanbasten

I don't see any open male flowers.
The last pic was previously a "ball" but is now like a bud site with pistils. My understanding is that male flowers open first. I don't see any male flowers yet, but the "balls" so to speak are opening and putting out pistils. I'm gonna bin it but I'm trying to grasp an understanding of what's happening. It's my second unsuccessful grow and if anything a learning experience.

freezeland2

freezeland2

In the first pic the ball on the right has a stem. That is a dead giveaway of a male preflower. The other pics with pistils emerging are female preflower. The fact both are present on the plant makes it a hermi.

M

Marcovanbasten

In the first pic the ball on the right has a stem. That is a dead giveaway of a male preflower. The other pics with pistils emerging are female preflower. The fact both are present on the plant makes it a hermi.
Cheers, I binned it. It was just begining week two of flip, which raised a lot of red flags. However my other two plants are also expressing gender fairly early. Not a ball in sight so far. Do you think it was bad seeds? Considering they all had the same soil, feed, light, topping and lst? The blue cheese was the only one to Hermie, this time and the previous time I tried growing it from the same batch of feminized seeds
Screenshot 20220303 180809

Screenshot 20220303 180321
freezeland2

freezeland2

Cheers, I binned it. It was just begining week two of flip, which raised a lot of red flags. However my other two plants are also expressing gender fairly early. Not a ball in sight so far. Do you think it was bad seeds? Considering they all had the same soil, feed, light, topping and lst? The blue cheese was the only one to Hermie, this time and the previous time I tried growing it from the same batch of feminized seedsView attachment 1222491
Could have been genetics or the plant got stressed in some manner. Check for possible light leaks in or into the environment.

Top Bottom