Identifying male flowers in your garden

• Thread starter hotrod717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotrod717

hotrod717

I continue to see posts about identifying males. This is when in am confident and chuck the males.
This 1-2 weeks after identifying a male in preflower. Once you hit between 6-8 sets in veg., most plants will show preflower. A single hair from a small growth at intersect of 6-8 node or a spade shaped growth that eventually will segment and turn into a pollen pod. Overtime they just increase mass Ina similar form of pistols or pollen sacs.
Hope this helps someone.

Identifying male flowers in your garden
Identifying male flowers in your garden 2
TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

I continue to see posts about identifying males. This is when in am confident and chuck the males.
This 1-2 weeks after identifying a male in preflower. Once you hit between 6-8 sets in veg., most plants will show preflower. A single hair from a small growth at intersect of 6-8 node or a spade shaped growth that eventually will segment and turn into a pollen pod. Overtime they just increase mass Ina similar form of pistols or pollen sacs.
Hope this helps someone.
Had one with female
Hope this helps someone.
Had one of my outdoor plants I swore was female throw clusters of pods? Which is weird cause they are under 15-16 hours of light I thought they only start producing pods and pre flowers when they start to flower and is it possible a few of these pre flowers couldve cross pollenated my other plants in the surrounding area or is that highly unlikely because they are not flowering pr showing pistils yet, I yanked that male btw as soon as I seen them pods it would acctually be intresting tho if it did pollenate any of the females because that male I yanked was a 100% cbd hemp plant and in that case would be crossing with some very high thc strains I have going around it, would prob be a highly medical combo

hotrod717

hotrod717

Most show preflower if you are looking.
Regardless of light cycle and in veg.
Once put in a flowering light cycle the flowers ripen. Unless the pollens sac grew into a segmented pod and opened or flowered, it's uikely to have
released any pollen and fertilized female flowers. Hermaphrodite would be more probable.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Most show preflower if you are looking.
Regardless of light cycle and in veg.
Once put in a flowering light cycle the flowers ripen. Unless the pollens sac grew into a segmented pod and opened or flowered, it's uikely to have
released any pollen and fertilized female flowers. Hermaphrodite would be more probable.
Yeah i bet it hermied on me it had all the signs of a female till I went out there and seen a chain of sacks coming off it 😂 they all seemed intact still but was worried the ones toward the top of the plant looked like they popped and it was preflowering or prepodding whatever ya wanna call it lol i think they other ladies will be fine if not I'll have a steady supply of good beans lol

Top Bottom