Ie Og - Help Solve A 7 Year Mystery

• Thread starter trickle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trickle

trickle

Is the IE OG actually it's own cut, or just a term used around Inland Empire for any dank OG? 'Seems many folks think both ways.

Have you grown an 'IE OG'? Can you describe it?

Did it match this description? A little, a lot, not at all?

My introduction to the OG's was in a Vermont Swamp of all places, 2011 just after Storm Irene... I found an abandoned grow with multiple strains growing in shitty shady wet conditions, and the only ones still standing at all and alive and well, were two tiny (4'?) plants;
Super super viney with 3-Fingered (wide, not skinny fingered) leaves only,
Extremely Long Leaf-Stems/Petioles (much longer than the leaf itself, at least 25%)
Almost entirely red-dark (not really purple at all) leaves, with Mostly dark red/burgundy stems,
Clearly only a few weeks into flower, Small Hard Buds, coated in more crystals than I had ever seen and maybe since, literally looking Sandy (I thought I was too stoned and kept rubbing the trich's to see if they were sand/dirt)
Aroma was minimal, she'd just been through a tropical storm and was literally soaked to the bone lol ... But I do remember there was ZERO Lemon... it was definitely earthy and deep, and it damn sure didn't smell or look anything like the confirmed cuts of katsu bubba or Chemdog D and 91 and Sis i grew Outdoors from *** in cali... so it wasn't an og cross with bub or chem - I'm Almost Sure of it. I find it super ironic I was able to source confirmed cuts of those (and more) but never a single homi had the IE OG lol...

I HAVE to find out more about the IE - I have never seen such a poorly-structured plant do so incredibly well in our wet weather - and during the 1/100 year storm no less!

I have since grown dozens of OG crosses and cuts and haven't found anything Quite like it. Apparently almost every breeder working with OG's tried to increase the nug size and decrease the internode spacing, the two qualities hated by so many I am seeking the most.

My Guesses; From internet pics, the TK honestly looks to be consistently the closest in bud structure and sandy trichs, but the leaves looked Almost closer to Mini's Abusive or even the older King Louis XIII pics ... so hard to say when going off just pics, and leaf shape is so variable anyway...

As soon as legalization is enacted this July here, Our collective is going to hunt for a small budded super-vine like that Supposed-IE. And because we no longer have friends in So-Cal to find us cuts (RIP), we're planning to pop beans like madmen!

TK S1 (copycat)
TK/Ghost (raredankness)
TK x Iraqi (strayfox)
UPink (reeferman)
Biker Kush & Crosses (karma)
Afghan x Paki Sati (bodhi)
Bubba x Paki Sati, f2 (bodhi)
TK x Dragons Blood (bodhi)

... any seedline or cut recomendations based on your experience and the description above would be greatly appreciated, seriously. Thanks so much everyone, it has been one hell of a journey so far, but honestly I'd like to wrap it up LOL

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Is the IE OG actually it's own cut, or just a term used around Inland Empire for any dank OG? 'Seems many folks think both ways.

My introduction to the OG's was in a Vermont Swamp of all places, 2011 just after Storm Irene... I found an abandoned grow with multiple strains growing in shitty shady wet conditions, and the only ones still standing at all and alive and well, were two tiny (4'?) plants;
Extremely Long Leaf-Stems/Petioles (much longer than the leaf itself, at least 25%)
Almost entirely red-dark (not really purple at all) leaves, with Mostly dark red/burgundy stems,
Clearly only a few weeks into flower, Small Hard Buds, coated in more crystals than I had ever seen and maybe since, literally looking Sandy (I thought I was too stoned and kept rubbing the trich's to see if they were sand/dirt)
Aroma was minimal, she'd just been through a tropical storm and was literally soaked to the bone lol ... But I do remember there was ZERO Lemon... it was definitely earthy and deep, and it damn sure didn't smell or look anything like the confirmed cuts of katsu bubba or Chemdog D and 91 and Sis i grew Outdoors from *** in cali... so it wasn't an og cross with bub or chem - I'm Almost Sure of it. I find it super ironic I was able to source confirmed cuts of those (and more) but never a single homi had the IE OG lol...

I HAVE to find out more about the IE - I have never seen such a poorly-structured plant do so incredibly well in our wet weather - and during the 1/100 year storm no less!

I have since grown dozens of OG crosses and cuts and haven't found anything Quite like it. Apparently almost every breeder working with OG's tried to increase the nug size and decrease the internode spacing, the two qualities hated by so many I am seeking the most.

My Guesses; From internet pics, the TK honestly looks to be consistently the closest in bud structure and sandy trichs, but the leaves looked Almost closer to Mini's Abusive or even the older King Louis XIII pics ... so hard to say when going off just pics, and leaf shape is so variable anyway...

As soon as legalization is enacted this July here, Our collective is going to hunt for a small budded super-vine like that Supposed-IE. And because we no longer have friends in So-Cal to find us cuts (RIP), we're planning to pop beans like madmen!

TK S1 (copycat)
TK/Ghost (raredankness)
TK x Iraqi (strayfox)
UPink (reeferman)

... any seedline or cut recomendations based on your experience and the description above would be greatly appreciated, seriously. Thanks so much everyone, it has been one hell of a journey so far, but honestly I'd like to wrap it up LOL
The only og that I know that matches your description is "E OG" or aka "Big E OG". And it truly matches your description perfectly. Best of luck on your hunt

Edit: called my friend and E OG aka earth OG is what your looking for. Big E OG is a different strain apparently. My bad, he did say that your description was pretty spot on to the E OG.

Last edited:
trickle

trickle

Going through old pics on a usb drive and found these labelled IE OG -- I must have found a grow of it at some point and saved the pics, and forgotten LOL .... I really don't remember whos pics these are. Anyway, these do look ridiculously close to the plant described in my first post, but not growing in a hell hole.
@MirrorZen what do you think of these? Anyone have other input?
Ie og
Ie og 2

trickle

trickle

lol very true @MirrorZen. any idea on the makeup of the earth ? I read sour diesel/ghost og but I don't really see how that makes sense.
I was looking at apothecary's earth og, he seems to be the only one who's worked it into a seed line/cross?

hey @Mr Bee here's the thread.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

lol very true @MirrorZen. any idea on the makeup of the earth ? I read sour diesel/ghost og but I don't really see how that makes sense.
I was looking at apothecary's earth og, he seems to be the only one who's worked it into a seed line/cross?

hey @Mr Bee here's the thread.
Heard it was a ghost og cross, that's about all I know about it's genetic make up. Sour Diesel would be weird, because of its earthiness.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Never heard o this ie og but if u like pure earthy fuelly intensely strong tasting ogeez over kushy ogeez try bodhis goji og.its really really awesome tasting.
Iv got some tk mints and love triangle in veg.

trickle

trickle

I tested Goji outdoors in new england for bodhi, when it first came out :) @Mr Bee - the TK/Snow Lotus sounds/looks pretty stellar too for sure!
When I tried Goji, I loved the nepali og dom phenos, but they finished to late here while the snow lotus influenced phenos weren't mold resistant enough.
P1020675
P1020689
P1020664 2
P1020669

Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I tested Goji outdoors in new england for bodhi, when it first came out :) @Mr Bee - the TK/Snow Lotus sounds/looks pretty stellar too for sure!
When I tried Goji, I loved the nepali og dom phenos, but they finished to late here while the snow lotus influenced phenos weren't mold resistant enough.View attachment 796058 View attachment 796059 View attachment 796060 View attachment 796057
I ran the nepali og x goji f3 as testers and they were better than goji yeild wise with different but just as good quality wise

TK S1 (copycat)
TK/Ghost (raredankness)
TK x Iraqi (strayfox)
UPink (reeferman)

Oh youv got the tk s1!!?i woulda loved if i coulda afforded a pack o those.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I think what your looking for has gone & died off. A while back before the surrounding areas blew up with people, Perris was a big outdoor grow area. I learned from an older dude most of the "Paris" ogs actually stole the name from "Perris" or came about in confusion because everyone knows Paris, France. Hardly anyone knows about Perris, California.
I know that doesn't really help but just thought I'd throw it out there as some info I learned from a dinosaur who's been in the area since the 60s lol.

trickle

trickle

@Dbear180 idk man looking at others pics of Perris it doesn't look like the same nugs, but those leaves sure do.
No disrespect

Fasho. Like I said my opinion. Here's the Perris og stright fire here you go @WiseGorilla And yeah maybe the taste wasn't on point but the shit grown by you was... Maybe since you smoke your bud all day the change you like more but your nugs were way better I liked your legend nug the best bro. And i am very picky with my nugs the peppery tatse of nutrients i can tast esp afte smoking for 15+ years i know what good nugs taste like and what I like most.......Much love these nugs were cultivated in LA California not by me by my mentor
View attachment 470842 View attachment 470844

Look at relentless' ghost ... structure and 3-finger wise thise one looks to be the closest so far? Idk so hard to tell

Thanks brotherlewlr

Heres a few other OGs I grew out recently. The triangle def wasnt dialed.
Fire OG
View attachment 471149

Platinum OG
View attachment 471150

Triangle
View attachment 471151

Ghost
View attachment 471152

Tahoe
View attachment 471153

Latest posts

Top Bottom