If You Could Relocate Anywhere In The State, Where Would It Be? Why?

• Thread starter Juicin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Juicin

Juicin

who is scared? i got nothing to worry about, im not breaking any laws nor intend to. you asked for advice. you didnt get what you wanted, apparently, so now you're just talking nonsense. flooding the state? lol. what are you? 20? this state supplied most of the country for last 50 years. colorado and the PNW are changing that now.

you're free to spend your cash however you want, its america. we're just warning you is all. peace

Yet here you are

Transparent as fuck

Literally no one with skills bothers saying what you're saying. Because they're good. It's not fucking rocket science or luck that produces cannabis

"the gold rush is over"

*looks at federal law*

lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pacific Power is a huge boon. Where I'm from power is less than 10 cents a kilowatt hour, no matter how much you use. Looking at the tiering system from PGE makes me want to vomit. Over 500 a year to run a fucking 1k lol, and that's if you stay at the tier 1 pricing
Then you're going to want to focus on properties that are served by MUDs (municipal utility districts). MUCH of the state is serviced by for-profit utilities. The big three are PG&E, SoCal Edison and San Diego Gas & Electric. All three were dinged in the 90s for colluding to fix power rates, too. To the best of my knowledge both PG&E and SoCal Edison are moving towards increasing tiering rates. And the way they do it is really frustrating, especially if you're in a new build or a home where no one has lived for a while (as we have in the last two homes we've been in, the place up north actually made going full solar affordable our power bills were so high).

Did you folks know that here in California we're actually producing too much power? And the for-profit utilities' structures are all protected by the CPUC. It's really rather fucked how we're doing it here. I can link a news article that gets relatively deep into the situation if you like. It'll make you want to go solar/wind/anything OFF their grid.
If you're looking for foothills and mountain spots I recommend further north, east of Sacramento. You're closer to two larger metropolitan areas, that are more liberal leaning.
More liberal than Fresno? Not in my experience. Maybe *in* Sact'o, but not the foothills. The only place he'd have a chance is Calaveras and they've placed a moratorium (like all the other munis I'm aware of) on new commercial growers. In fact, they've got a new ballot measure coming up to go back to full bans on cultivation (outside what 64 allows).

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I live in the mountains but I know some areas in town you can't even install solar power. Just last year they gave incentives to people purchasing solar now you can't even give them power, go figure.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Knowing many people who have pulled it off....Your worries are unnecessary.

I know you're worried about competition. I've done this before in another hobby* under a lot more pressure.

This will be a cake walk, 15 permits submitted in trinity county as of 2/8 2/28 deadline lol. 500 max. Oh there is rooooom
Since you know many people who have pulled this off,.why not ask them for advice or help?
Moving to a legal state to ship weed over a border, which is illegal is not the move to make for a long investment...cali property will break u alone n the spots you want to be in. If you could afford it, you would b doing it, wouldnt b wasting ur time on here being a dick to people...

Juicin

Juicin

Since you know many people who have pulled this off,.why not ask them for advice or help?
Moving to a legal state to ship weed over a border, which is illegal is not the move to make for a long investment...cali property will break u alone n the spots you want to be in. If you could afford it, you would b doing it, wouldnt b wasting ur time on here being a dick to people...

Because pulling it off and pulling it off as well as is possible are two vastly different things. And being criminals we don't tend to share every little detail of our lives.And my friends are teh socal clubbing types, not the mountain aesthetic types.

There is huge room here for many people with sense. Look at all of you commenting on something you know nothing about.

If you live in cali, you literally know nothing about the rest of the ocuntry. You have no need to. Everywhere else weed doesn't get grown domestically. Everyone east of the mississippi has spent time west of it getting herb, or their crew has.

I know a lot more about the colorado and and cali markets than any of you who don't ship/live out of state will about mine. This thread is not about your opinions on the market. You're not qualified to tell me whether or not moving is in my interests, clearly lol. You have no knowledge of my options. You only know cali

edit - you're teh weed equivalant to AMericans who know nothing about the rest of the world because they have no need to.

Juicin

Juicin

Paying rent and being a middle man sounds way more like what you would b good at, the slimey used car salesman seems to fit you good based on ur posts.
I've done that for years

I've also produced more tonnage of fungi than you have cannabis.

But that life is done, time to move on to no risk cake walks in cali, lol

"hi i'm a hippy who doesn't own any property and doesn't meet 1gpw without a 4 week veg, now let me tell you how you can't make a profit in cannabis" lol

who's slimy? the fear is palpable

So afriad some one who knows what they're doing is going to come in and fuck it up for you.

visajoe1

visajoe1

More liberal than Fresno? Not in my experience. Maybe *in* Sact'o, but not the foothills. The only place he'd have a chance is Calaveras and they've placed a moratorium (like all the other munis I'm aware of) on new commercial growers. In fact, they've got a new ballot measure coming up to go back to full bans on cultivation (outside what 64 allows).

I meant he would be closer to more left leaning cities that have more collectives and dispensaries; Sac and the Bay. The central valley counties are limited to none in collective/dispensary storefronts. For example, Fresno does appointment only?? wtf? Delivery is much more available. I agree with you, the hills arent welcoming commercial grows, and I dont know the particulars of the entire state mountain regions, just pointing him up further north where he might have better luck. In Mariposa, where he was looking, not a good spot. Small town, but lots of city traffic. Folks got busted there last fall with nearly 800 plants in a house. Probably on par with the OP, not too bright.

This article will give some insight into the area he was looking to move into, which I recommend he avoid. Glad I left!!!

Juicin

Juicin

Then you're going to want to focus on properties that are served by MUDs (municipal utility districts). MUCH of the state is serviced by for-profit utilities. The big three are PG&E, SoCal Edison and San Diego Gas & Electric. All three were dinged in the 90s for colluding to fix power rates, too. To the best of my knowledge both PG&E and SoCal Edison are moving towards increasing tiering rates. And the way they do it is really frustrating, especially if you're in a new build or a home where no one has lived for a while (as we have in the last two homes we've been in, the place up north actually made going full solar affordable our power bills were so high).

Did you folks know that here in California we're actually producing too much power? And the for-profit utilities' structures are all protected by the CPUC. It's really rather fucked how we're doing it here. I can link a news article that gets relatively deep into the situation if you like. It'll make you want to go solar/wind/anything OFF their grid.

I had read about who they're going to start charging people who don't use enough power a flat fee as well to be connected to the grid when I was looking up power prices.

And I'll def be on the look out for non PGE serviced areas.

When I was younger I remember seeing all sorts of stories about the cali electrical grid being under serviced. I assume this is where all these overly complex rules come from. In my home state people would freak the fuck out about this under most conditions.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I've always had a hankering to move to Oregon . I read a book many years ago called MJ wars seems to been a big area and good climate but I'm a Aussie so I could be really wrong ....

Juicin

Juicin

I meant he would be closer to more left leaning cities that have more collectives and dispensaries; Sac and the Bay. The central valley counties are limited to none in collective/dispensary storefronts. For example, Fresno does appointment only?? wtf? Delivery is much more available. I agree with you, the hills arent welcoming commercial grows, and I dont know the particulars of the entire state mountain regions, just pointing him up further north where he might have better luck. In Mariposa, where he was looking, not a good spot. Small town, but lots of city traffic. Folks got busted there last fall with nearly 800 plants in a house. Probably on par with the OP, not too bright.

This article will give some insight into the area he was looking to move into, which I recommend he avoid. Glad I left!!!

I want to be south of the snow line

Really when it comes to rural areas it's more about the right property than the right county. It seems to be universally agreed Sacremnto proper is better than Fresno proper, judging by threads like "sacremento vs fresno".

I would go farther north to the hills though. Found some very nice properties for sale presumably by people who had planned on growing in the Yuba area. Nice hilltop stuff with perfect sun

Latest posts

Top Bottom