If You Could Relocate Anywhere In The State, Where Would It Be? Why?

• Thread starter Juicin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I've always had a hankering to move to Oregon . I red a book many years ago called MJ wars seems to been a big area and good climate but I'm a Aussie so I could be really wrong ....
Oregon is the place, 8 1/2 months of rain and the most beautiful 3 1/2 months of Sun, very green up here. And very weed friendly, there is a convention in Portland almost every other weekend. And great festivals. More dispensaries per ca pita than any other city, including coffee shops.

Juicin

Juicin

I've always had a hankering to move to Oregon . I red a book many years ago called MJ wars seems to been a big area and good climate but I'm a Aussie so I could be really wrong ....

I would be moving to Oregon not cali if it wasn't for the difference in criminal penalties/ease of getting in the industry. I have no people that I'm aware of in Oregon.

Land and power are cheaper up there.

But Oregon still has felonies for cannabis. Not a great option as is, and they won't be handing out micro business licenses

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

They still are handing out micro rec licenses as we speak. Not over man.
I would be moving to Oregon not cali if it wasn't for the difference in criminal penalties/ease of getting in the industry. I have no people that I'm aware of in Oregon.

Land and power are cheaper up there.

But Oregon still has felonies for cannabis. Not a great option as is, and they won't be handing out micro business licenses

Juicin

Juicin

They still are handing out micro rec licenses as we speak. Not over man.

They have statewide caps on them don't they? And even if they don't what if I don't get it?

And I wouldn't be able to flower with ease of mind without the license.

edit - looked it up, no limit just like cali, assuming counties don't set limits

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
They have statewide caps on them don't they? And even if they don't what if I don't get it?

And I wouldn't be able to flower with ease of mind without the license.
I think Australia will be going through what the States are doing we just had medical MJ passed in government so I'm guessing soon it will be recreation fingers crossed I've grown for 30 years and always can't say anything to anyone ever

Juicin

Juicin

I think Australia will be going through what the States are doing we just had medical MJ passed in government so I'm guessing soon it will be recreation fingers crossed I've grown for 30 years and always can't say anything to anyone ever

As an American I'm always very impressed with old guys who have made it work under such unforgiving law in western euro/commonwealth states for the long term, including canada.

To keep that hidden from the popo as well funded as ours so long even though you don't have nearly the protections we do is very impressive. There have been multiple occasions where a need for a warrant to enter my property or search it has saved my bacon.

I'm sure whatever happens you'll be fine, you're dealing in super harsh conditions relative to me. You understand my struggle

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've done that for years

I've also produced more tonnage of fungi than you have cannabis.

But that life is done, time to move on to no risk cake walks in cali, lol

"hi i'm a hippy who doesn't own any property and doesn't meet 1gpw without a 4 week veg, now let me tell you how you can't make a profit in cannabis" lol

who's slimy? the fear is palpable

So afriad some one who knows what they're doing is going to come in and fuck it up for you.

You are right, nobody else who is competent has come to Cali to grow. You will surely change the game :smoking:

Juicin

Juicin

You are right, nobody else who is competent has come to Cali to grow. You will surely change the game :smoking:

Reading isn't your strong suite eh?

I"ve said many times how many people flooding the state scares people like you in the thread.

I have specifically said i'm not going to be a problem, i'm probably not going to effect cali growers at all. Did you even read the thread? Of course not.

Thanks for the useless and off topic tips. From a man who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
So afriad some one who knows what they're doing is going to come in and fuck it up for you.

So, read your quote above and read my last response, perfectly suited.

I'm over your thread, and yes I read it. Wasn't anything I haven't heard from some young folks talking how they are gonna come to cali in a thread before.

Juicin

Juicin

So, read your quote above and read my last response, perfectly suited.

I'm over your thread, and yes I read it. Wasn't anything I haven't heard from some young folks talking how they are gonna come to cali in a thread before.

How could you know if it's a good idea if you know nothing about anywhere else?

Of course you couldn't.

And you've given no arguments not to come.

Just some bs that is clearly your fear of people from out of state messing up your thing.

I don't blame you for not knowing. If I was a cali native I wouldn't give a shit either. But you have no idea what you're talking about. You're not qualified to judge my ability to do this or the situation I'm leaving. Or the alternatives beyond cali. What do you know?

Again your posts are substance less. You're staff? Just some anecdotal bs you couldn't back up if a gun was put to your head

Juicin

Juicin

After looking at power rates I've narrowed the search down quite a bit.

Far in the lead is now Trinity county with it's very nice municipal service and picturesque landscape. Not to mention I know my neighbors will be cool with my grow because it seems like over half the homes in the county have large grows visible via satellite.

There are a lot of places with decent access to power though

http://www.energy.ca.gov/almanac/electricity_data/utilities.html

Ukiah, Sacramento, Redding, Lodi and others. I didn't check the rates on all of them but I'm sure they're all reasonable relative to this tier bullshit.

I found a nice place in Trinity but I'm a little hesitant...Growing is almost too prevalent there. Some one could bust down any random door in October and have a better chance than not of coming away with something worth taking. On this street well over 80% of the homes are growing

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5120776,-123.1780866,525m/data=!3m1!1e3

What do you think about moving into a neighborhood like this? Too hot to be in an area like that? Or a paradise that can't be passed up?

Juicin

Juicin

I can't decide if that's a very good thing or very bad

My instincts tell me know I should go to the suburbs

There would be huge networking advantages to living in a place like that longterm

Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

hahaha thats Trinity Pines, aka "the pot ghetto" lots of Hmong asian gangster related shit goin on there and all over NorCal. You use to be able to buy bare land there for like $1-2,000 an acre 5-10 yrs ago, now 10 acre developed properties are going for 300k there... my buddy said he saw like 40 cars pulled over by cops/feds one day... Trinity is done accepting grow permits for the time being so I would look elsewhere. Everywhere in Cali is pretty much done accepting permits for now. Dont even think about Shasta county/ Redding... It's strict no-grow, my homegirl said her friends had the chopper land and bust them for 1 lit up greenhouse in 2015... It's basically looking like the counties that ARE gonna allow grows are gonna do a pay-to-play program which the applications are starting around $5000... Better get water board approval and do everything legit... hope you have a quarter mil at least... Or try and rent land in a legal area and grow low key illegally...

EDIT: looks like you don't really wanna do much outdoor.... Humboldts electricity is expensive to fuck over growers, avoid,SF bay area is ridiculously expensive, avoid, Del Norte is grow friendly and electricity is cheap but it's cold and rainy, outdoor might not be the easiest, If you just wanna do indoor and a SMALL outdoor scene Trinity has really cheap electricity.

Last edited:
Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

That's where I am! Besides having to deal with about 86" inches of rain a year, and some of the racist mentalities, I LOVE it up here.

I bought a house with a 4 car garage and a 1500 sqft workshop that sits on just under half an acre of land for 120,000. The house needs a LOT of TLC as it was built in the 40's, but it's bones are redwood.

@Juicin ......look at Del Norte County. Just not INSIDE Crescent City limits as they have a ban on cultivation. We are on Pacific Power, not PG&E, and just a stones throw from Southern Oregon. I know someone up here that buys and sells houses on OWC if you are interested.

Lol I had a feeling you were talkin Del Norte as soon as I got to racist mentalities then finished reading and was like yeppp., that is one thing I really hate about the area besides the fucking tweakers but my god is it gorgeous.. Gotta love cheap power too :p I pay $1600 a month for a 3 bed with 2 pre wired grow rooms. Cant's say that black mold didn't appear when I made a 3rd grow room/veg room haha its sooooo humid. And powdery mildew is a bitch, it's on like every plant growing in the environment out here.

OP;;;;;; Permits are done being given out for the time being and if you think that theres room beause only a few of the permits in trinity out of 500 have been filled you are mistaken, there are way more than 500 growers that will be applying long before you and you need to have already been a grower with a property already inspected by the water board and a legitimate marijuana collective..... and as far as the laws and oregon.... Oregon takes it WAYYYYYYYYY easier on grows, they dont bust people like they do inb\ california, if they don't get a complaint you're good otherwise it's just gonna be a fine usually. penalties may look harsh but it is SO much more chill there to grow, especially outdoor...I have experience working on properties in both states.. I'm probably gonna move there next year. by the way you come off as an extreme asshole with the general tone/ vibe of some of your posts man, take it easy, we're trying to help. i literally just moved to Cali and I'm already looking at Oregon.. this should tell you alot... not worried about "competition"... You will be much more likely to get fucked over by the law or some tweaker in cali than oregon...

Last edited:
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Oregon takes it WAYYYYYYYYY easier on grows, they dont bust people like they do inb\ california, if they don't get a complaint you're good otherwise it's just gonna be a fine usually. penalties may look harsh but it is SO much more chill there to grow, especially outdoor...I have experience working on properties in both states.. I'm probably gonna move there next year.
i literally just moved to Cali and I'm already looking at Oregon.. this should tell you alot
LOL :cry:
Yes tells us a lot.
That you think you can move from legal state to legal state, trying to find your niche in the market.
Stay put, moving state to state and then bashing on that state when they don't work in your favor isn't going to change the product you grow.
Obviously you don't know laws well, Oregon still has some very harsh ones for over plant limits/ distribution. Saw a buddy on the ol' jail roster with manufacturing and distribution charges. Felonies.

Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

LOL :cry:
Yes tells us a lot.
That you think you can move from legal state to legal state, trying to find your niche in the market.
Stay put, moving state to state and then bashing on that state when they don't work in your favor isn't going to change the product you grow.
Obviously you don't know laws well, Oregon still has some very harsh ones for over plant limits/ distribution. Saw a buddy on the ol' jail roster with manufacturing and distribution charges. Felonies.

Yes I get the laws are harsher but they arent fucking flying around with choppers trying to bust you every day like they are in Cali. "Eradicating Illegal grows" isnt a major part of the agenda there... I was already in California before I even decided I wanted to grow.. now that I'm doing it it seems like Oregon is much more chill if I wanna do outdoor, not to mention cheaper... My landlord grew in my house in Cali for years and now he lives in Oregon and does outdoor there..you forget most people still don't send a single pound to dispensary's.... I just know a few people that have experience in both places and they prefer Oregon and after working on some decent sized outdoor spots in both places I prefer Oregon more... would you rather be watering plants on your property surrounded by cartel gangsters, european mafia and hmong triad motherfuckers and have the feds fly over and circle you while you're watering and get a bunch of nice pictures or would you rather do it in a place where you can have piece of mind and never get bothered?? Not to mention the tweaker fucks in Cali that will rob you in a heartbeat. Oregons enforcement of the laws are complaint based, I HAVE read the laws, especially in Josephine, they make it clear they only act on complaints...you see so many grows everywhere just driving around it's crazy. The main reason I'm looking at Oregon is that it is wayyyy cheaper... Leasing land for 40k in a grow friendly area of Cali and actually getting a permit now is a thing of the past... but still completely possible in Oregon. Lot's of people in Cali are just gonna sell their land/ permits and get out of the game because the value is crazy now, properties are are goin for way more than their value just last year especially if they are water board certified have their permit applications in (necessary). ...I also practically live in Oregon with where I am now, anywhere I would want to live is within a 3 hr drive... Maybe in a couple years when California has it's shit figured out with permits it will be chill again but if you don't have permit applications in right now you're pretty much screwed...

Last edited:
Top Bottom