If you grow with organics in soil do you use regular ph down?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Do NOT PH unless needed for mixing nutrients like potassium silicate.

Do NOT use baking soda

Citric acid is not needed and as said you do NOT need to ph nutrients.

USE AMENDMENTS to adjust soil PH such as hydrated lime, dolomite lime to raise and aluminum sulfate to lower PH.
Can pickling lime be used? I have it onhand, been attempting to use 1 tsp of potassium bicarbonate per gal but the runoffs are not budging beyond 5.2 pH with 8.9 solution.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can pickling lime be used? I have it onhand, been attempting to use 1 tsp of potassium bicarbonate per gal but the runoffs are not budging beyond 5.2 pH with 8.9 solution.
Soil? If so you need amendments like lime... you can't adjust the ph with your feed

Glassdub

Glassdub

Have you checked the runoff ppm? Have pictures of the plants?
Yes, crazy high 3457 average run off as of last water, has been going up w/o feeding, potassium bicarbonate adds about 1000-1100 to that but still.
This is the worst, top burn, immobile.

Day 119 Chemdawg likely immobile cal mag pH lock out
Day 126 top
Day 126 Chemdawg
Day 126 RHC 2
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

ppm, pH and organics don't mix well. That is why the runoff is almost 3500, organic fertilizer will not give you an accurate reading of the ppm of what is available to the plant. I don't think you need to mess with pH either because soil is supposed to have lime as a buffer in it. Check the label on your bag of soil, see if it has anything to buffer the pH, if it does, then you don't need to worry about pH at all. Especially considering the entire growth cycle is only a few months.

Glassdub

Glassdub

ppm, pH and organics don't mix well. That is why the runoff is almost 3500, organic fertilizer will not give you an accurate reading of the ppm of what is available to the plant. I don't think you need to mess with pH either because soil is supposed to have lime as a buffer in it. Check the label on your bag of soil, see if it has anything to buffer the pH, if it does, then you don't need to worry about pH at all. Especially considering the entire growth cycle is only a few months.
This is what I heard & this is why I didn't flip out over the high PPMs but the pH dive of a full 1.0 on 5-22, never to return to in range kinda did, especially when the top leaves started to brown. I made the mistake of thinking AgroThrive was not really high NPK during veg, The Chemdog plant above was always a bit finicky & a bit blotchy, early on I thought it was underfed & tried to compensate.
I don't think AgroThrive is bad stuff but I just need a get used to using it right, for now I just want to ride out the final month minimizing the damage done.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Organic soil adjusts it's own pH. That's just part of the organic package.
The pics above look like they were fed in addition to organics. Too much of one thing led to lockout of another.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So this is peat moss not soil. I agree with organics you don't want to read to much into ppm but they do look a bit over fed.

Do you have a water only in your cycle?

These nutrients are organically derived so not quite the same as organic amendments and are quite a bit more available.

The peat mix you are using had lime added and imo it's a slight overfeeding that is the culprit for your ph.

It's early but imo a flush and a light feed for the next water should help.

I have a feeling your on the way to a lockout.

With organic I wouldn't worry about the ppm, ph etc. But with organically derived I would say it's likely that there is a buildup of nutrients by looking at the plant.

Some light stress also but not over the top just pushing em hard.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Organic soil adjusts it's own pH. That's just part of the organic package.
The pics above look like they were fed in addition to organics. Too much of one thing led to lockout of another.
I've only used AgroThrive & Pro-Tekt most of the run, Added Cal/Mag well into flower, that's it.

Glassdub

Glassdub

So this is peat moss not soil. I agree with organics you don't want to read to much into ppm but they do look a bit over fed.

Do you have a water only in your cycle?

These nutrients are organically derived so not quite the same as organic amendments and are quite a bit more available.

The peat mix you are using had lime added and imo it's a slight overfeeding that is the culprit for your ph.

It's early but imo a flush and a light feed for the next water should help.

I have a feeling your on the way to a lockout.

With organic I wouldn't worry about the ppm, ph etc. But with organically derived I would say it's likely that there is a buildup of nutrients by looking at the plant.

Some light stress also but not over the top just pushing em hard.
Well, water & just ProTekt last water, the same with Cal/mag the time before, I figured going too heavy on the AgroThrive is was what cause the acid + earlier on I was using tap water more, I think I'm locking out now.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've only used AgroThrive & Pro-Tekt most of the run, Added Cal/Mag well into flower, that's it.
You should only need the Agro-Thrive during the first two weeks. It's pre-digested soil/food so its available immediately. So, it's possibly adding to the food that is already in the soil and is now caught up. Over feeding.
The Pro-Tekt is silica. A good quality organic soil should already have this in it. You should not need to add this either but once or twice before flower is fine.
Filter your water. It won't fix anything, but it helps to get rid of stuff that can throw your grow off.

Glassdub

Glassdub

You should only need the Agro-Thrive during the first two weeks. It's pre-digested soil/food so its available immediately. So, it's possibly adding to the food that is already in the soil and is now caught up. Over feeding.
The Pro-Tekt is silica. A good quality organic soil should already have this in it. You should not need to add this either but once or twice before flower is fine.
Filter your water. It won't fix anything, but it helps to get rid of stuff that can throw your grow off.
Started on 3-28, started with 1oz of AT (as suggested) on 4-3, at the time I was using tap water I have a Micron 10 carbon filer on the house water.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Started on 3-28, started with 1oz of AT (as suggested) on 4-3, at the time I was using tap water I have a Micron 10 carbon filer on the house water.
You are trying to grow organic, so quit feeding them and put an MBE treatment in there. The MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) are what make the food. Without them, soil might last 3 weeks.
www.realgrowers.com

Glassdub

Glassdub

You are trying to grow organic, so quit feeding them and put an MBE treatment in there. The MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) are what make the food. Without them, soil might last 3 weeks.
www.realgrowers.com
I was considering this, wasn't sure if it would help.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm not real familiar with that product. I've never used it. I can't find an ingredient list for it. I would stick with Recharge for now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Great product imo... i used for my peat and coco.

Top Bottom