I'm A Little Weary Of Asking, Should I "flush"

• Thread starter Mrniceguy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

I always second guess myself on this. Today is the start of week 9, and I see the calyxes are swelling up nice and good. I put my harvest time by this coming Friday, April 12.

Am I within the ball park, and if I am, should I, "Flush" (He said with a wavering hesitation)...

20190405 135043
20190405 135524
20190405 135233
20190405 135200
20190405 135458
20190405 135057
20190405 135331
20190405 135107
20190405 135349
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Your gona get a lot of opinions on this subject. I was an avid supporter of flushing. Last run I decided not to flush. Instead once a week I gave a bone meal feed phd to 6.0 (I’m in soil).
Last week I gave a heavy bone meal feed then finished with no feeding or bone meal for 7 days. Cut and dried then smoked. There was absolutely no difference whatsoever with the final cut. Now the only thing I flush is the toilet:)

P

Pass2TheLeft

And for something different you can flavour your prized flowers dont water 1 day before harvest let them dry out then 2 hoyrs before harvest feed them water and food essense some strsins take flavours better than others;)

Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

Your gona get a lot of opinions on this subject. I was an avid supporter of flushing. Last run I decided not to flush. Instead once a week I gave a bone meal feed phd to 6.0 (I’m in soil).
Last week I gave a heavy bone meal feed then finished with no feeding or bone meal for 7 days. Cut and dried then smoked. There was absolutely no difference whatsoever with the final cut. Now the only thing I flush is the toilet:)
Lol, right on. That's what I'm leaning towards. I have always fed less and less as I gets closer to harvest and I always give my plants balanced water in between feedings throughout the grow. As of now, the only thing they're getting is the overdrive from advanced nutes.

Mrniceguy420

Mrniceguy420

I've heard many things about flushing being unnecessary. I've always flushed letting the medium dry out, then hitting it with water. I let this happen twice, in the week before harvest. I done this many a times, but recently, I gave a plant "overdrive" up until the day of harvest, and after a long dry and cure, it tasted and smoked great. I guess I just wanted to run it by some other perspectives before I completely transition to this method.

Btw, the grow medium I fox farm ocean forest and light warrior, with lotsa perlite. And then I just the advanced nutes, sensi a and b line. And a few additives like voodoo juice, b-52, overdrive and big bud

P

Pass2TheLeft

Lol, right on. That's what I'm leaning towards. I have always fed less and less as I gets closer to harvest and I always give my plants balanced water in between feedings throughout the grow. As of now, the only thing they're getting is the overdrive from advanced nutes.
Ive tryied feeding until the end a few times using products like shooting powder from house and garden seemed to work well but i still flush at least for 3days so the end result burns better ive found with no flush when you have a puff it burns black but wirh a flush it burns to white anyone else find this?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I flush good about a week before I chop, I put the plant in darkness the last 48 hours, one last little flush then I chop, I do this beacuse i want to get rid of all the nutrients, i dont know if putting your plant in darkness does anything but a habit, one last little flush to get rid of any nutrient residue, may bee I'm wrong but water is free.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I think that your Bone Meal acted as a flushing agent (see Nectar of the Gods Herculean Harvest (Liquid Bone Meal)). I have used that myself with good results. NOTG recommends a large dose of HH when flushing. With all that's said, I believe that there are salts that will not just wash away with water, but need something like "snake oil" to bond with them and be gotten rid of. No science that I know of, but I do flush the last week with a flushing agent (Florakleen Final Finish etc)

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I flush out all my maxibloom and shit after pk boost round week 6 and then run organic nutes till the end. (I ph bio thrive bloom to 6.5 and some molasses and that) By the end tho Im putting like 200-300 ppm only. Just water only last time or two and voila. Nice smooth product with white ash and it actually finnished nice.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes agree about tapering down the ppm if you can.

I agree too. Taper them off as they need less and less at the end.

Works out for me much like stepping them up a little at a time when starting to fertilize in the first place but back down.

Kepp89

Kepp89

I always second guess myself on this. Today is the start of week 9, and I see the calyxes are swelling up nice and good. I put my harvest time by this coming Friday, April 12.

Am I within the ball park, and if I am, should I, "Flush" (He said with a wavering hesitation)...
what strain is that? looks tasty

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I mostly grow autoflowers now so it's kinda hard to taper, I mean by the time you aclimate your plants to the nutrients the plants are almost done and of course you want to get the most from your plants, but your method does sound good

chemistry

chemistry

The look of your plant says it's trying to finish flowering. It's not the nuits you need to worry about flushing, it's the Chlorophyll you need to flush. Nuits are flushed in 3 days, but the Chlorophyll takes around a one to two weeks depending on how green your plants are.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

That makes sense, I was taught to flush at least 1 week before chopping, I allways though after 3 or 4 days was enough but allways did a week before and waited that probably explains why.

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

Hey man I’m right there with you. I’m on day 68 of flower. Middle week 8. I started flushing yesterday. I have a hybrid OG, and purple pure Indica not sure of strain.

19B27FE3 3832 43FD 968D ABEA63E55045
CB03B08F BC47 45DB 8C3A 2E5E9C3B645C
E4C3B4C7 2EAD 472F 8BDF 03ABD2B946E0
0CE79B73 3E13 49D8 8FA7 60AD98C0AC5E
04DDFFB7 8AB4 4D50 933B BA22180F61DF
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Same here day 62, an unknown strain, yes i flushed out my plant, so now i let it sit for a week, then put plant in darkness for 2 days, i do not know why habbit good or bad dont know? then right before i chop i give a light flush to get rid of any residue and done, i like some Amber on my trichome that will happen in the next week to 10 days, most autoflowers average 70 days or so for me so the trains right on time.
20190408 084437

20190409 175218
BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

Same here day 62, an unknown strain, yes i flushed out my plant, so now i let it sit for a week, then put plant in darkness for 2 days, i do not know why habbit good or bad dont know? then right before i chop i give a light flush to get rid of any residue and done, i like some Amber on my trichome that will happen in the next week to 10 days, most autoflowers average 70 days or so for me so the trains right on time.View attachment 865422
Nice! what kind of lights are you using?

Top Bottom