I'm Allergic To Cannabis.

• Thread starter Bo0m
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
The stuffed up part maybe from mold in your buds. There is no pollen when trimming which would cause sneezing from other weeds so there has to me a mold mildew your dealing with.
As far as the hives same thing happens to my wife even from veg plants. If you while down with 91% alcohol it will stop the itching. Wear long sleeves and gloves.

YA no mold man. Shits clean.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
hey boom..brother I can't wet trim..too sensitive. I even go rashy red burning itches when I handle raw ginger. I get irritated especially in the eyes and get a little bumply trimming and handling intense garlic skunk types easy until they get dried out by hanging.
With that said..what you are experiencing are the exact descriptions of rabies shot side effects bro. I would tell the doc what you're experiencing and see what they say. Hope it changes for ya bro

It's been a year since the rabies shots. But after the shots, I had all sorts of weird health shit. I was super hungry all the time. I had to sleep at night or I got head aches.

Not sure I want to go back to the hospital and get any more shots.

Ya Know as a kid, I had really bad allergies. Like horrible. I bet the shots fucked up my immune system. It's basicaly dead rabies virus, so the bosie thinks it has the rabies, and goes into attacking it.

At the time it seemed like a better alternative to possibly haveing rabies.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Also from what I've read it works too well for it to be that simple.
Yea it def knocks them fuckers out. That's for sure! It's never been that easy. One two sprays and wala. But I'm not so naive to beleave it's just water.

Shamus

Shamus

Yea it def knocks them fuckers out. That's for sure! It's never been that easy. One two sprays and wala. But I'm not so naive to beleave it's just water.
The rep chugged off a sealed pint of it in the store..
Glad to hear its working for you now and not burning everything up.

If you want to naturally get rid of the allergies just give yourself tape worms.. A guy sells his tapeworms online.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130422-feeling-ill-swallow-a-parasite

Last edited:
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
My buddy harvested an outdoor crop. Brought it in the house to trim and next thing you know his wife starts breaking out with hives. She went to the ER in a panick. Come to find out she was allergic to the herbs oily vapors when they where trimming. It's the sticky that's on your arms if you shook a mature plant. Crazy. Another buddy I have has to take benedril everytime he smokes because he is allergic to male/hermy pollen.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Years ago I grew pez and had an allergic reaction to the terpenes.I saw many doctors and none could figure it out.I dropped the cut and it went away.any strains you started growing around the time your symptoms started?

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
My buddy harvested an outdoor crop. Brought it in the house to trim and next thing you know his wife starts breaking out with hives. She went to the ER in a panick. Come to find out she was allergic to the herbs oily vapors when they where trimming. It's the sticky that's on your arms if you shook a mature plant. Crazy. Another buddy I have has to take benedril everytime he smokes because he is allergic to male/hermy pollen.
Yea Uber sticky man. It's funny, becouse the green plants are not as bad as when it's dry.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Years ago I grew pez and had an allergic reaction to the terpenes.I saw many doctors and none could figure it out.I dropped the cut and it went away.any strains you started growing around the time your symptoms started?

As far as strains. I pretty cg lost all my cuts. So it's all seed. I have a huge stock pile I'm going through. So some stuff is worst than others.

So far it seems to be the more floral stuff is fucking with me. Like some shit worse than others.

I'm really contemplating getting into the wax game. Acually I've already desided that's what I should do. To let my trimming. But more so, I'm trying to figure out which wrought I should go. Like which closed loop system I should get. But that's a hole other thread.

Plus all them cats got cool packages and shit.

But strains, I dont have two of anything growing man. I'm in the search mode.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Man, this SUCKS!! Have you tried taking an allergy medication prior to handling the cannabis? What about consumption?? I've become fond of Claritin (the knock off is fine), because it doesn't make me sleepy. I'm SUPER prone to hayfever crap.

After spending many years in the aquatic ornamental business, I can no longer expose my skin to salt creep (the salt buildup you get with saltwater aquaria), NOR can I touch the freshwater plants. Those things give me a rash so bad..!! Sounds like yours. What I did was get the large animal exam gloves, the ones that go up to your shoulder, so I could handle the plants and perform my duties.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well a few things.

I switched up from hydro to soil. But I have always had a few soil plants. Moms and what not. But I'm all dirt now.

So obviously next is the food. I'm useing the Aptus line with Botonicare. Rather than a hydro based formula.

I'm not useing co2. But that's not going to count is it?

The biggest thing I would say, is that I have switched from a perdomintly clone garden, to seed. I'm poping more seed. So I might be exposed to way more terpine profiles. That's the only thing I can think off. Becouse some stuff is way worse than others.

That and over exposure. I have basicaly lived in my garden for 8 years or more.

And we'll there is the rabies shots. It really started after I had to get rabies shots.
I would check on allergic reactions to the rabies shots, if thats ruled out aside from enviromental changes what sorts of pesticides, fungicides do you use??? This could be causing a reaction based on the compunds and if you are not using as directed.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
YA no mold man. Shits clean.
I would eliminate any kind of mold spores before thinking anything else. Not saying you have visible mold but it could be possible the dusty lite mold spores are there. Best test is to take a dry nugg next to a really bright light and break it open. The spores will fly up into the air if they are present.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I grew a Holy Grail plant from DNA a few years ago and I know that plant gave me allergies. When I stopped smoking that plant my allergies went away. And it could very well of had mold spores because it was a outdoor plant. But all the other plants I had in the same area did not give me allergies like the holy grail. Kinda trippy. I do know for a fact the Holy Grail was feminized and everything else was not.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I grew a Holy Grail plant from DNA a few years ago and I know that plant gave me allergies. When I stopped smoking that plant my allergies went away. And it could very well of had mold spores because it was a outdoor plant. But all the other plants I had in the same area did not give me allergies like the holy grail. Kinda trippy. I do know for a fact the Holy Grail was feminized and everything else was not.
A huge problem for indoor is Aspergillus mold. Lives in the carpet and easily attaches to plants. I've had it happen many times, doesn't bither most people but when you have allergies to mold like me it closes my lungs when I smoke.
Sorry for the bold print can't stop it for some reason :speechless:

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Yup me too. No where near as bad. Where the leaves brush my skin I get all itchy. I can't wear long sleeves as it's just too damn hot in there. Once I rinse my arms and face I'm fine.

DrGanj

DrGanj

I have this same allergic reaction. Just limit the contact between your arms and the plants or wear long sleeves or gloves if the temperature in the room permits. I have not tried taking something like Benadryl before working in the garden but my symptoms only arise when I'm lollipopping or doing something where I'm really reaching into the plants.

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah my wife has some rash on her arms sometimes after helping me pot up stuff.and when she trims it can bother her sometimes.but it seems like some strains are worse than others for her,she gets headaches and or breathing issues like asthma .bynadriyl helps her alot with all those symptoms

Dunge

Dunge

One more opinion:
1) It's better than rabies.
2) I believe the congestion is a by-product of the histamine reaction.

Cover up and use a respirator and report results.

Good luck

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Man, this SUCKS!! Have you tried taking an allergy medication prior to handling the cannabis? What about consumption?? I've become fond of Claritin (the knock off is fine), because it doesn't make me sleepy. I'm SUPER prone to hayfever crap.

After spending many years in the aquatic ornamental business, I can no longer expose my skin to salt creep (the salt buildup you get with saltwater aquaria), NOR can I touch the freshwater plants. Those things give me a rash so bad..!! Sounds like yours. What I did was get the large animal exam gloves, the ones that go up to your shoulder, so I could handle the plants and perform my duties.

No, I got a buddy trimming it at this point. Im going to dave up for a closed loop system to. So the work load goes down. Plus the wax game is dope. I think I said this before, but evey bodie has like brand name packages and shit. I feel like I'm missing out. Buy not getting into this.

As far as concunption, I havent really smoked or anything in maybe over a year. Last year was really crazy and got SUPER fucking weird. LIKE CRAZY! So I took a little break. Plus I'm a total pot snob. I'm poping beans looking for that one, that just makes me like O I GOTTA SMOKE THIS. I love all pot, but there's all ways that plant. That just hits you when you crack the jar, and your like this is gonna be great. Plus I have a freind staying with me, right now and he needs it more than me.

Top Bottom