I'm almost there - just need a little hand!

• Thread starter bluedabadee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Hello everyone,

First time grower here. 55 days into flowering (with 35 days of veg) and I have 2xblue dream, 1 og and 1 ww.

As I've been stressed too much about the harvest time, I decided to share my concerns with you. 1 blue dream is going as suggested by the breeder, at least 2-3 weeks more obviously but the other one is quite different. I checked the different parts of plants (photos are all from buds) and sorry about the blurry images, my hands are shaking a bit. Also, for all 3 plants, only part that have amber trichomes are the sugar leaves. Water consumption decreased by 30-40%.

WW - had light, heat stress and nute burn in the past. feeding molasses and terpinator. some parts showing 60% milky and some 90%. yellowing and dropping leaves.

Blue Dream - despite of 55 days, pistils've been all orange and curled in for a week now. buds look like they are done in terms of ripeness. I understand it could be diff pheno but this much difference? so many yellowing leaves, they just drop easily. autumn looking top leaves. feeding molasses and terpinator.

OG Kush - heat and light stress too. I was about to chop it because I thought I could judge by the ambers only on sugar leaves so I flushed this plant 5 days ago (pot amount of water) and now only feeding water with molasses. It looks to me the buds got a littler bigger this week. Even had something like foxtail - I actually like how it looks :) Not many yellowing leaves though. (says no more than 55 days on breeder's website)

No amber trichomes on the bud photos but sugar leaves have amber trichomes %5-20 percent. So what do you guys think of the harvest time for each plant? I'm planning to harvest when its all milky but one area might get all milky too soon as the photos also suggest, that's what confuses me.

1st video - WW, 2nd - BD, 3rd - OG

Thank you for your time!

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

@chemistry Below two photos of each plant (WW , BD and OG)

@BudBogart Thank you! Just one question probably a stupid one but if I see, for example, 70% milky and %20 cloudy and %5 amber, should I still wait for cloudy ones to get milky?

A

A1

B
B1

C

C1

chemistry

chemistry

Nice fade on the last two pics, don't think you have anything to worry about, your in your late 8th week of flower, I'd start a flush and let them fade. It's not always down to amber trykes, whip off a bud and dry it in 30 second bursts in your microwave until its dry, give it a smoke and see where you are, if your quick you can get back to me in 5 minutes. lol

BudBogart

BudBogart

@chemistry Below two photos of each plant (WW , BD and OG)

@BudBogart Thank you! Just one question probably a stupid one but if I see, for example, 70% milky and %20 cloudy and %5 amber, should I still wait for cloudy ones to get milky?

View attachment 1041991

View attachment 1041989
View attachment 1041988View attachment 1041992
View attachment 1041993
View attachment 1041990

Milky and cloudy pretty much same to me. Clear trichomes are not yet psychoactive, so try and wait till the clear are gone. By then, the amber should be present.

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Nice fade on the last two pics, don't think you have anything to worry about, your in your late 8th week of flower, I'd start a flush and let them fade. It's not always down to amber trykes, whip off a bud and dry it in 30 second bursts in your microwave until its dry, give it a smoke and see where you are, if your quick you can get back to me in 5 minutes. lol

Haha I just got home and I'm super drunk but I'll do that tomorrow. I will be sure to let you know. Last two pics are blue dream and only 8 weeks finished so I was worried but I'll do as you suggested. I'm so excited as I'm going to smoke my first grow ever :)

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

@chemistry Would you still suggest flashing now although I see around 60% milky and 40% clear on the last plant whose leaves are faded? I was planning to wait until 90% milky and do a flush with pot amount size water first and water with molasses for a week, then harvest probably when trichomes all get milky. Besides, I had an amended soil with bat guano and ewc and I didn't use grow/bloom fertilizers except big bud, terpinator, epsom salt, supervit and molasses. Thanks!

chemistry

chemistry

When you flush, you should see more ambers appear in the next three days, as the plant starts to finish it will want to protect it's seeds (if it had any), with more ambers. You can have to many ambers and not be awake long enough to enjoy a smoke. lol

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

When you flush, you should see more ambers appear in the next three days, as the plant starts to finish it will want to protect it's seeds (if it had any), with more ambers. You can have to many ambers and not be awake long enough to enjoy a smoke. lol

I'm flushing both WW and Blue Dream today then and I will observe the trich colors more carefully. Many thanks!

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Hello again!

It's been 18 days since I chopped my plant and the big nugs feel crispy but the small ones still feel a little moist . same with the stems, big stems almost snap but smaller ones hanged separately still bend easily, no snapping, feels just a little crispy. Should I go for jars now or still wait till smaller stems snap or almost snap? I just don't want to go for too long. Thanks!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Get the big ones in jars with the lid a jar give the popcorn a few more days I think your doing fine . The plants in the pics looked boss bro . Od .

bluedabadee

bluedabadee

Hello again :)

I was checking on my plant that has been drying for a week and I noticed a little mold in two of the buds. I don't know when this started but should be at the drying stage as I wet trim and didn't see anything while trimming. Probably 2-4 more days until jar. Shall I just cut off the moldy area, keep the rest and jar now? 65F , 60% RH

Thanks!

Update : My friend suggested it's a spider nest and shouldn't be a problem removing but still like to hear your opinion please.

Foto no exif
Last edited:
Top Bottom