Im at my wits end with tyese plants

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have had nothing but problems since week 2 of flower (4 weeks ago). I have posted several questions and as soon as I make a change things look better for a day and back up and down. They are 2 Durban poisons, feminized seeds, growing in foxfarm soil, Mars hydro tsl 2000 in a 4x2x5. Using fox farm line of nutrients plus mollasses and "Flower fuel" (previously made a difference in grows. Still learning more about it). I have my light up at 20" above canopy now, Temps down to 77 day and 71 night. Humidity at 40%. I have dealt with iverwatering and iverwatering and learned to gage watering now and have it down to around every 3 days at this point and water from the outside of pot, in over a 20 minute span. The plant on tye right was tye plant I Topped and has always looked weak since. If you hear tye video I describe everything. I'm at the point of chopping tye ahitty one just to bring my new plants in.
Other question, the plant on tye left is somewhat healthy but sugar leaves are fried I think from a. Previous note burn. Will this effect t trucome development badly? I looked for bud rot and didn't see any either. If I'm just keeping tye healthier ine what's the best thing at this point. I have always wanted to have my own grown Durban poison so any help is always grateful

Im at my wits end with tyese plants
Im at my wits end with tyese plants 2
Im at my wits end with tyese plants 3
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Do you ever move the pots around a little when you water? I made the mistake once of twisting my pots around when I was watering to get to the back of the pot, once I started weaving branches in the net and I’m pretty sure I damaged my roots. Didn’t even realize what I had done. Still not 100% sure that was my issue, but my plants did the same thing

Ponky

Ponky

Well. As the plants get big and full they need less frequent watering. It sort of looks like they were watered too soon.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I just did move both plants last week to get the Humidifier in best placement

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I just did move both plants last week to get the Humidifier in best placement
Can you remember if they looked like that before? It took me awhile to figure out my issue, but I really believe that’s what I did and didn’t even realize I was doing it. What I believe I did was move the pots around enough to where it tore some of my roots from the stalk.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

It wasn't significant enough to notice. I've been having browning and clawing and issues for weeks now. Now it's gotten real bad to where I'm wondering if I should just water or cut tge crappy one

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

That's the lowest I can get my Temps without adding an A.C. unit. I can work with my humidity some. Any suggestions?

visajoe1

visajoe1

couple things:
-agree VPD is off and needs attention (increase RH)
-not convinced watering properly. what does "watering from the outside" mean? doesnt matter, its wrong.

water/nutrient solution should be dumped on top and let if flow down through the soil, with about 25% runoff. This flushes excess salts out. figure out a way to manage the runoff.

my recommendations- get VPD right (1.3-1.6) and drench your pots with proper runoff. use 1/3 strength of what recipe says, you're in week 6 now.

we can limp them across the finish line and use this opportunity to finish strong and learn for next grow. consider plastic pots instead of fabric, water wont spill out of the sides like fabric.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

couple things:
-agree VPD is off and needs attention (increase RH)
-not convinced watering properly. what does "watering from the outside" mean? doesnt matter, its wrong.

water/nutrient solution should be dumped on top and let if flow down through the soil, with about 25% runoff. This flushes excess salts out. figure out a way to manage the runoff.

my recommendations- get VPD right (1.3-1.6) and drench your pots with proper runoff. use 1/3 strength of what recipe says, you're in week 6 now.

we can limp them across the finish line and use this opportunity to finish strong and learn for next grow. consider plastic pots instead of fabric, water wont spill out of the sides like fabric.
Great feedback. I do only use 1/3 nutrients. HOWEVER, this all started and went downhill weeks ago when I went out of town and couldn't water. Came back to SERIOULSY droopy plants. I watered BUT also added nutrients which I had done previous watering. It wasn't due for a feeding, they were clearly overstressed. I noticed nute burn days after that and I feel it's all been downhill since then.
Also in regards to watering from outside in, this too is something new i have been doing from some people telling me its better to water from the outside of the pot in to thr middle over a period of time. This is a new change for me too.
But like my original post said, its been up and down. I have taken alot of suggestions drop this thread and with each change, things get better, but then something else is off. To he honest I'm enjoying the challenges. I'm a landscaper by trade and a perfectionist. I overcomplicate things TREMENDOUSLY lol. But just increasing my R.H to 49% alone has helped since I started this thread. I'll attach today's video where the plants look happier with light intensity down to 80%, RH up to almost 50. Thanks for all of the help. The pictures show some frosty Buds atleast considering poor circumstances.

To the person asking how long they have been flowering, I flipped lights to 12/12 6 weeks and 5 days ago and notice. (I'm newbie so is flowering considering this date or the day I noticed white pistils about a week later lol)

20220513 213459
20220513 213334
20220513 213300
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

light stress is most of your issue..
You always have guided me in right direction. I raised Light and lowered intensity since i posted originally and things are perking back up slowly. Hoping tye shittier of tye 2 plants with no fan leaves will produce atleast something
I atoeast have somewhat hopes for tye healthier plant

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Update: Temps are down to 78 to 80 during the day (our A.C. sucks) and R.H is up between 48 and 52. The damage that has been done is clearly done as far as the leaves being fried. However the sugar leaves that are salvaged so far are getting frostier by the day and the foliage that is still green looks really good. Buds are fattening up daily. "I think I can. I THINK I can. I THINK I can" lol

Dfcba1c9
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

7 day later update. It's 110 since seed in soil, and day 57 since lights switched to 12/12. Tye Bute damage us clearly done. Tye remaining green foliage looks good. Tricomes are getting clouding each day. My second plant went to shit so I cut all the "buds" off of it (130 grams wet) and made around of some ridiculously killer butter. I wasn't going to bother even wanting to trim it. It went to some great use. Updated a video and a picture. Thanks for all the help

69c9842f

Latest posts

Top Bottom