I'm beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow

• Thread starter Robt393
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Robt393

Robt393

Hi all,
I'm beginning to lose what mind I have left trying to diagnose this. I'm also glad to bump this thread, so new growers like me can provide the correct information.

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed - Auto C4
2. How old are your plants? seedling up 22/6 (7 weeks)
3. How tall are your plants? 30cm
4. What size containers are they planted in? 9 Litre fabric
5. What is your soil mix? Biobizz Allmix
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Tap water. Watering as needed (pot lift test)
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.3 - 6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Biobizz nutes (I start low and build up over time to half the 'recommended' doses)
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? LED Migro array2 125 watt
11. How close are your lights to the plants? Experementing between 16cm(recommended) and 26cm
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Secret Jardin DS60 60x60cm
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp: between 22 to 27C
14. What is the pH of the soil? Don't know: (pH from run off is 6.9)
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
16. How much experience do you have growing? Novice

I was growing with MH and HPS before this (three grows), with good success apart from temperature issues, so this is my first foray with an LED array. I'm running the light on an 18/6 schedule as she's an auto.

The first hour or two after the dark cycle, when she wakes, she looks just about ok, wimpy but ok. A few hours later she perks up for a while and then ... flup (not sure if that's a word) all the leaves just droop.

The only two things that I can think of are:
1 Is it because there is only one plant in the tent and she is absorbing a lot more light than intended? Have had the power @ 68% reduced it today to 45% and monitoring
2 Root issues? I gave her root juice only in the first two waters. I am definitely not overwatering and see zero signs of fungus gnats etc. on the soil.

I failed to mention the lights were two weeks late arriving, so she was under a 250W MH @36C for four weeks.

The first pic is from last year, same strain.

Any insight on this would be great.

Original2jpg
As she wasjpg
Im beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow 3
Im beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow 4
Im beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow 5
Im beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow 6
Im beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow 7
Im beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow 8
Im beginning to have screaming skull issues with this grow 9
Robt393

Robt393

Migro lights are solid. Autos suck. It's most likely the genetics.
Agree about the autos. I was doing this both as a test plant and a fast grower for bud for the holidays. Did a lot of research on LED's and these came up trumps for a small light

Ponky

Ponky

Agree about the autos. I was doing this both as a test plant and a fast grower for bud for the holidays. Did a lot of research on LED's and these came up trumps for a small light
Yeah its a premium light. Could pull 2.5 grams a watt off of it. Need clones of known good. Then you'll see how it can yield.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If they weren’t autos you would probably have time to figure out the problem, correct it, and still have a good yield.

Robt393

Robt393

If they weren’t autos you would probably have time to figure out the problem, correct it, and still have a good yield.
I'll only be gone for three days, but I don't want to waste good photo seeds when i'm not there to monitor the girls. Wouldn't relax for a second

Robt393

Robt393

Yeah its a premium light. Could pull 2.5 grams a watt off of it. Need clones of known good. Then you'll see how it can yield.
Unfortunately, no clones to be had for me, only seed through the post

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I'd water less frequently (lots of thickness and texture in those leaves). I'd also move the light up and turn it down (if they're drooping at the end of the day, they've got more light than they can handle and are trying to reduce their surface area.) Don't turn the light up again until the leaves are praying at the end of the day.

Robt393

Robt393

I'd water less frequently (lots of thickness and texture in those leaves). I'd also move the light up and turn it down (if they're drooping at the end of the day, they've got more light than they can handle and are trying to reduce their surface area.) Don't turn the light up again until the leaves are praying at the end of the day.
Yes, thanks bang on with the lights. I reduced them to 40% and raised them up a good bit yesterday. In regards to watering, the fabric pots i'm using seem to retain a lot more water than i'm used to. I'll keep going on this grow, but no more autos for me.

20220717 1732011
M

Mcprp

Yes, thanks bang on with the lights. I reduced them to 40% and raised them up a good bit yesterday. In regards to watering, the fabric pots i'm using seem to retain a lot more water than i'm used to. I'll keep going on this grow, but no more autos for me.
It doesn’t mater if the pots retain water , you have to wait till they are just as light as before you added water the first time . Your watering to much and your lights should be turned down

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I think I'm having the same issue. My plants look happy in the first few hours with the lights on, but then get droopy. So maybe I need to lower the light level. We're also getting our hottest weather now. Turning down the lights would reduce the heat some, too.

Top Bottom