I'm concerned about droopy leaves...

• Thread starter FrankWilliams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

This is from an outdoor grow in Maine.

What - if anything - do you make of the droopy leaves near top of plant? Thevye consisrently looked that way for a few weeks now. I dont think it's water issue.

Three weeks ago I had to remove a different plant from my garden, it wilted overnight (Verticilium?). This plant was next to it. At the time I did cut off one branch that had been closest to the sick plant because it looked wilted as well. I treated this plants container with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution.

It seems to be holding steady but I'm concerned.

Pics are a wide shot of the plant, then close ups of droopy top section and perkier lower section.

Coincidence or pending wilt? Would love some feedback.

Im concerned about droopy leaves
Im concerned about droopy leaves 2
Im concerned about droopy leaves 3
eebwen

eebwen

Don’t use peroxide it kills all the micro biology in the soil

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

Too late on peroxide I did it a few days ago:/ I will shade the container, thank you.

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

Agreed. Are you suggesting that's cause of the droop, or just pointing that out?

Whatever is causing spotting seems to be on both droopy and perky branches.

I have some ladybugs on order - frankly I would be thrilled to have bugs causing droop as opposed to disease.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't think I see disease but I do see the droop; is it possible you're not watering enough?

Just a guess but your bug problem may be thrip damage

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

It's possible I guess, but the longer it lingers and looks the same (almost two weeks now) the less I think it's underwatering.

Thank you RE thrip, ladybugs should like those.

FrankWilliams

FrankWilliams

UPDATE:

Container has been shaded, well watered.

Leaves continue to droop, with some curling. See pics...

:/

KIMG0792
Top Bottom