I'm in a DWC rut. Please advise.

• Thread starter VannahWhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VannahWhite

VannahWhite

So if you have read my previous threads, I have managed to kill 2 babies in my DWC. I thought I could iron it all out but apparently I didn't because I moved my clone to my DWC and it started to do what my second baby did which is get droopy and this time had some yellowing in the top center of my clone..

DWC setup:
5 gallon bucket
Temp: 65-73
Water: Distilled(ppm-0)
PH: 5.5-6
Nutrients: CalMag(ppm-100), Maxigro(ppm-150) 1 scoop
Other Adds: Hydroguard as instructed, Sensizym as instructed
1 Airstone
Rapid Rooter
Hydroton
3' net pot

So I think I may be drowning my plants but I am moving my seedling when I the roots are sticking out of the rapid rooter. My clone right now had strong roots and it was sticking out so I decided to move it to my DWC. With a lot of reading I decided to lower my water level and allow the airstone to splash water up but then read a little bit more and everyone said the water needs to be an inch from the bottom of the net pot. So which is it? I went ahead and filled the water back up again because my first baby did really well with the water right at the bottom of the net pot. I feel like it is still too much water for my set up. I just ordered a 6' pot thinking maybe it will help the water hit just the hydroton and lessen the possible over watering of the rapid rooter from the splashing. Please let me know if there is any error'ed points in my process. I'm getting ready to give up on DWC. Also my roots are not looking as healthy as when I first moved it. It's saddening and stressful. I'm in the process of popping 2 new seeds and will be using one in soil so that I can see some reward/return and the other I will attempt this roller coaster of emotions again. Thanks in advance.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Keep the water 1/2 inch to 1 inch below the bottom of your net pot put 1 layer of hydroton along bottom of said net pot then put your jiffy puck or wool then fill rest with hydroton should water a half shot glass everyday from top I'd get another stone also

VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Keep the water 1/2 inch to 1 inch below the bottom of your net pot put 1 layer of hydroton along bottom of said net pot then put your jiffy puck or wool then fill rest with hydroton should water a half shot glass everyday from top I'd get another stone also
Thanks for the reply. Since I have your attention. Do you think I am moving my clone/ seedlings too early? Also curious to your advice on half a shot of water everyday. I feel like I get a ton of splashed water to the base of my netpot already. I do have a layer of hydroton at the base of my 3 inch net pot and filled the rest with hydroton as well. I will be getting a 6 inch net pot soon. How far should the water be then? Unless you were referring to that one already. And will do - on another stone.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Water should be an inch under the pot a little more water is ok. Another stone will def help with watering but until the roots are actually into the water you will need to top water.

Never to early ppl will plant there seed right into there net pot.
In a 5 gal pail I'm using around 15 liters of water

VannahWhite

VannahWhite

Water should be an inch under the pot a little more water is ok. Another stone will def help with watering but until the roots are actually into the water you will need to top water.

Never to early ppl will plant there seed right into there net pot.
In a 5 gal pail I'm using around 15 liters of water
Interesting. Now I'm wondering if I've been underwatering the seedling and clone. It just sucks that they look so similar. I'm going to go with mine looks overwatered because it curls down and seems heavy. Appreciate your input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom