Im new and need help

• Thread starter Stoni62788
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stoni62788

Stoni62788

My name is Stoni and i have grown a couple times. The first plant was ok, but didn't yield much. I wasnt set up as much as i should have been. Ive learned a lot but I still have a lot to learn. This one im growing i have questions on it. How it looks and the top, if i can top it right now? Cause i already did once. It is about 2 months old grown outdoor, and under some grow lights for about 4 hours after the 7 goes down. Yet it is only about 7 an half inches tall.

Im new and need help
Im new and need help 2
Im new and need help 3
Im new and need help 4
Dan789

Dan789

What are you relying on for a knowledge source, any books? Just as an overall comment, a plant grown outdoors and two months old should be much further along, but if from seed they might be ok.
That said it’s heading into fall here in the northern hemisphere, the sun’s lower in the sky and isn’t giving plants it’s full power, temps are also lower. The soil (?) you’re using also looks suspect, is quite woody, looking almost like you’ve topped it with tan bark, (sub optimal).
Have you done any reading on this forum in the grow diaries...? That would seem like a good first step, read through a few to see what others have done, problems and what they ended up with.

Tommy626

Tommy626

That thing is definitely deficient! I’m not gonna tell you to add anything like others do instantly blurting out CAL/MAG but that plant is definitely lacking nutrition and that’s why the growth is stalled.
I would start by checking the ph in the root zone. The sweet spot at this stage of growth is around 6.2-6.4 so it can uptake calcium and nitrogen (assuming this is a soil grow)
Water the plant with ph’d water and see what comes out the bottom. If your ph is correct , next check the EC which should be in the neighborhood of .9 to 1.2.
If all that checks out then I would tell you to add cal mag plus iron to a grow formula at 1/2 strength (5ml per gal cal mag plus) and feed the plant.
After that I would tell you to make a choice. Either indoor or outdoor. Finicky strains like consistency. Changing from sun light to artificial light is most likely causing stress to your young plant. Indoors I would reference your grow light manual and put your light at the proper distance away from canopy. 300-400 par for veg.
Give it a week and you should see major changes within growth. Good luck

FYI that plant is only 23 days older than your plant. Just to give you a idea of how far along you should be

Top Bottom