Im New to Oregon. How do I become a caregiver.

• Thread starter slightlystoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey whats up everybody. I just recently moved to Oregon and want to become a caregiver. I would get my own medical card, but that requires me to go to the doctor for some reason when I am perfectly healthy. I do have experience (check out my photos from last year) and a good selection of varietals. If anyone has any information please, please let me know.

pura

pura

first you're going to need a card bro. you will need to get your own medical license(s) (apply for a grow permit). drop into clinics and talk to the operators there. they will need to see that you can produce great medicine.

L

Lost

You can grow for people in Oregon as a caregiver, but mostly those peeps are kinda shady.. Oregon is not Cali btw, totally different game out here..

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
hey thanks Lost, yeah I lived in the Midwest last year growing underground. That is why I moved to Oregon, to be able to provide the best quality meds legally. I do know someone with a card, can she place me as her caregiver? I just don't understand how the whole caregiving thing works.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

hey thanks Lost, yeah I lived in the Midwest last year growing underground. That is why I moved to Oregon, to be able to provide the best quality meds legally. I do know someone with a card, can she place me as her caregiver? I just don't understand how the whole caregiving thing works.
it works like this you can have 4 0r 5 cards ...think its 24 blooming plants at a time and a bunch of veggers with all cards...combined........Thing is most poeple that give you caregver rights you will be paying a Lb each crop and selling the rest on the side ,,,,,,,,,,,,That how the medical scene is ran around there .......With all the bullshit stripped away....... SO you got to be able to pump and have a big room........

L

Lost

And just keep in mind that in Oregon selling between patients is totally illegal according to the Law. So make sure you got your hookups, find a dispense and stuff. Its alot of BS compared to Cali, but tons of crap meds here so if your good people will like ya :)

But yea, have you patient list you as the caregiver and they will have to have the grow address. I personally would never let a patient on the grow property.

Also becareful, there are a ton of shady people in the herb scene here, both patients and people in the scene, be careful :)

L

Lost

YEa, i thin you can et more than the 4 but can only grow 4 cards worth. If you get more it protects you from having to give the plants back if someone drops (they are not your plants they are this guys, im not growing any plants for U right now, see all my other cards... )

I dunno, the whole thing where the patient has the right to call the cops and have them give the plants to the patient, im just not ok with that. If the cops show up at my place, we got BIG problems (im all legal but i'll be pissed.. real pissed). Im a quiet guy, that does not want to be bothered..

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey thanks man, that really helps a lot. thanks everyone for all the info and underground info that everyone has provided. Yeah I got a collection seeds that I want to get to popin.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Wrong!!!

A Caregiver can have as many cards as they want. I have 12 Caregiver cards myself.

You can only be a Grower for 4 patients. A Grower and Caregiver are two different things.

the Grower is responsible for the grow site. The Caregiver is the person that takes care of getting the meds to the patient. If you are a caregiver it gives you more amount you can carry.

You also can be a Grower for 4 patients, also be a Caregiver for as many patients as you like.

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
Wrong!!!

A Caregiver can have as many cards as they want. I have 12 Caregiver cards myself.

You can only be a Grower for 4 patients. A Grower and Caregiver are two different things.

the Grower is responsible for the grow site. The Caregiver is the person that takes care of getting the meds to the patient. If you are a caregiver it gives you more amount you can carry.

You also can be a Grower for 4 patients, also be a Caregiver for as many patients as you like.

hey thanks smokey that really clears it up for me. and nice avatar by the way

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Another thing I forgot to mention is that a Caregiver is not allowed to grow also. Only the designated Grower can grow.
You will need to find a patient that need's a Grower and sign you as the Designated Grower. If you are assigned as the Caregiver you cannot grow. But if you are designated as both Caregiver/Grower then you can.
A patient can have 2 other people "safe" from LEO. For example, the patient is disabled. They would need a Caregiver to go meet up with the Grower and the Caregiver is the person that helps.
This allows the Grower and the Caregiver the rights to carry up to 1.5# per patient. But leaves the Caregiver rights to have as many patients they can help. Also leaving the Caregiver a 1.5# allowance per card. You got 10 patients as a caregiver you can carry 15#
People get this mixed up and think both Grower and Caregiver can grow at the same time. This is not ok.
Most people put there significant other as there caregiver so if they get pulled over they are legal also. If you have one.

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
I just want to say thanks to everyone who has commented in this thread, this has really helped me out A LOT! I have found a patient and should be placed as the grower here shortly. I'm excited to get my shit together and start growing. Here is a list of Varietals that are in my stockpile.

OGChemdog x Apollo 11
Bubbledust x Double Stawberry Diesel
Hash Plant x Double Strawberry Diesel
The Hog
Burmese Kush
Jack Herer f2
Blueberry x Grapefruit
Double Underdawg x Double Underdawg
Chemmy Jones
Lem Chem (Larry Lemon OG x Chemdog D)

Cali Connection Seeds
Chem Valley Kush
ChemBerry
Chem Master
Orange Chem
Sour Dawg D
Alien Bubba
Sour Aliens
Alien Dog V2

OG Raskals
Purple Urkle x The White
Strawberry x18
OG Kush (Fire cut) x Bubba Kush

Sannie's Shop
Extrema
Killing Fields F2

Im undecided what I should pop first. Ill figure it out.
I hope that you are ready for some tough competition this next year for the OMCA.

thanks again everyone for your help.
Happy Growing!!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Looks like you have some mighty fine genetics there. You have a few strains I would love to get my hands on.

4.D.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that a Caregiver is not allowed to grow also. Only the designated Grower can grow.
You will need to find a patient that need's a Grower and sign you as the Designated Grower. If you are assigned as the Caregiver you cannot grow. But if you are designated as both Caregiver/Grower then you can.
A patient can have 2 other people "safe" from LEO. For example, the patient is disabled. They would need a Caregiver to go meet up with the Grower and the Caregiver is the person that helps.
This allows the Grower and the Caregiver the rights to carry up to 1.5# per patient. But leaves the Caregiver rights to have as many patients they can help. Also leaving the Caregiver a 1.5# allowance per card. You got 10 patients as a caregiver you can carry 15#
People get this mixed up and think both Grower and Caregiver can grow at the same time. This is not ok.
Most people put there significant other as there caregiver so if they get pulled over they are legal also. If you have one.

Wow! good to know, thanx 503ski! You must have a separate wallet for all your cards.

4.D.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has commented in this thread, this has really helped me out A LOT! I have found a patient and should be placed as the grower here shortly. I'm excited to get my shit together and start growing. Here is a list of Varietals that are in my stockpile.

OGChemdog x Apollo 11
Bubbledust x Double Stawberry Diesel
Hash Plant x Double Strawberry Diesel
The Hog
Burmese Kush
Jack Herer f2
Blueberry x Grapefruit
Double Underdawg x Double Underdawg
Chemmy Jones
Lem Chem (Larry Lemon OG x Chemdog D)

Cali Connection Seeds
Chem Valley Kush
ChemBerry
Chem Master
Orange Chem
Sour Dawg D
Alien Bubba
Sour Aliens
Alien Dog V2

OG Raskals
Purple Urkle x The White
Strawberry x18
OG Kush (Fire cut) x Bubba Kush

Sannie's Shop
Extrema
Killing Fields F2

Im undecided what I should pop first. Ill figure it out.
I hope that you are ready for some tough competition this next year for the OMCA.

thanks again everyone for your help.
Happy Growing!!

Nice be sure to spread those tasty genetics around up here. The patients can always use more medicinal profiles.

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey thanks guys yeah im looking forward to popin some of em. any suggestions what I should pop first?

I was thinking The Chem Valley Kush, The Hog, Burmese Kush, and
OG Kush (Fire) x Bubba Kush. Gotta love them Kushes.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Do you happen to know which Bubba that OG is crossed with? I have not seen the Burmese kush ever in Portland. What is that one about? If you pop the CVK and get a good pheno, I want one.
I can help you out with some clones when you get here to get ya started if you have your card.

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you happen to know which Bubba that OG is crossed with? I have not seen the Burmese kush ever in Portland. What is that one about? If you pop the CVK and get a good pheno, I want one.
I can help you out with some clones when you get here to get ya started if you have your card.

Yeah I don't have my card yet. My roommate does and she is going to place me as the grower, by the end of march.

I believe that the cross is OG Kush (Fire) x Pre98 Bubba, it is a cross that OG Raskal made. I used to run The White Bubba Kush that he created, and it was some of the most tasitiest herb that I have ever grown or smoked for that matter. Yeah I am always down to trade clones, when I get that far.
I had a buddy of mine back home that ran the cvk and it was seriously strong herb, that just kept getting you higher the more you smoked. I shd know in a few weeks. Ill keep ya posted. Feel free to pm me 503ski

T

tristan09

depending on how much you crop, i could possibly make you my grower aswell let me know

C

CobbCreekBob

watch out for donation price, er reimbursement price,etc. Since the dispensary vote failed, there seems to be a lot of hay around, especially outdoor. Scope all outdoor meds given, even indoor meds. Don't smoke no mold. Funny thing is, why would most Oregonians try and they do succeed, grow mediocre outdoor meds, but just a few, and most of the best indoor is out of portland. Also watch out, they have a practice out in OR for some odd reason or another, they'll will call it compassion, and hand out diseased clones....?!@Oh, the state is full of Avid, etc, but still, where Im originally from, why would you do that just so you can say you have or are giving compassion? Crazy, man. Im happy to see you have those beans to pop, most peeps are on such a cash crop/production schedule, the patient doesn't get the best meds, the grower does. And they run the same ole wore out cuts over and over and over. Even ones the patients complain about. Im very disillusioned over the so called movement here, all bout money like everyone else. There is a reason you don't hear of OR in the same breath as CO or CA. IMO. The best scenario is growing your own and making your own cuts and circulating them, IMO. Most caregivers out here are basically what we called mules or runners back home. Usually transportation purposes only. For some reason, Portland has a whole cool scene to it compared to rest of state as the coast. Southern half of state, good luck. Peace

Pop those beans and pass those cuts, pretty please.

Top Bottom