i'm playing with some genetics

• Thread starter fdd2blk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fdd2blk

i don't really call myself a "breeder" but i do like to make seeds. this is a little something i have been working with for the last few years. i am growing out F2's right now. they are just starting to show preflowers. i'm limited on space so i can only grow 10 or so at a time. i have 10 going right now and see different traits in several of them. i will be putting these outside and will do my best to seed some quality F3's. i get confused easy so i have been doing my best to keep track and take notes. when i seeded the F1 female with an F1 male i came up with 2 distinct types of seeds. one type is big, fat and round; the others are small and somewhat elongated. i have separated a few of each and marked them to see of they match up later. i'm hoping to stabilize what i had in the F1. i only have about 5 or 6 seeds of the F1 and 2 small mothers. i'd hate to lose this. it turned out amazing outdoors.

these were last years F1's. it is very strong smelling. very sweet and fruity. soaring cerebral head high. i am calling this "hijack".

Im playing with some genetics
Im playing with some genetics 2
Im playing with some genetics 3
Im playing with some genetics 4

F

fdd2blk

like i said i get confused easy. here' what i have written down. any corrections will be helpful.

it started with an unknown male. it was supposed to be a cutting of blueberry from the compassion center but upon flower it was a male. i called this "mystery male". pollen was collected and used to pollinate 2 different females. one being the "Air Force 1". i only got 1 seed from this attempt and i grew it out. it was a male. i called it "male x". from there i get confused on exactly what i'm doing. all i know is i want to isolate the "hijack F1a". the F1b is a whole other project. yet another pheno.

IMG 4408
IMG 5747

am i doing anything productive here or just making a mess? thanks for any insight. :cool:

skunkushybrid

skunkushybrid

hey fdd my old friend... doesn't it just come down to the genetics you recognise in any given plant and isolating them, or making them more dominant in any further plants you create?

What were the main characteristics of the original parents of hijack, or what do you want hijack to be?

I know how to grow but know very little about breeding, sorry if my question is off the mark.

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

looks like you are doing good bro...just remember to label everything and grow out everything...its the only way to find the true genetics of your crosses.....a good book for breeding is the breeders bible which you can find on amazon.com
take care
regards
MG

F

fdd2blk

looks like you are doing good bro...just remember to label everything and grow out everything...its the only way to find the true genetics of your crosses.....a good book for breeding is the breeders bible which you can find on amazon.com
take care
regards
MG

thank you, i've been meaning to order that. :cool:

amsterdammer

amsterdammer

I agree you are doing allright, you are definetely a breeder in some way, maybe not a seed producer but you are placing a horny male with your "favorite" female.
Maybe you are a weed pimp???lol

Do you still have a copy of the original HijackF1, if you do you should make a clone and use that to backcross your f2-f3's, this might give you a better result than just crossing till eternity.

Good luck, keep on experimenting and in the future maybe apply for a job at the Seedism collective.

Peace
Amsterdammer

ps. another great read is Marijuana Botany by RC Clarcke

F

fdd2blk

I agree you are doing allright, you are definetely a breeder in some way, maybe not a seed producer but you are placing a horny male with your "favorite" female.
Maybe you are a weed pimp???lol

Do you still have a copy of the original HijackF1, if you do you should make a clone and use that to backcross your f2-f3's, this might give you a better result than just crossing till eternity.

Good luck, keep on experimenting and in the future maybe apply for a job at the Seedism collective.

Peace
Amsterdammer

ps. another great read is Marijuana Botany by RC Clarcke

funny you should mention back-crossing. i do have the original F1 mother. i had lost all my cuttings and had 1 F1 in flower. i flowered her to the end then clipped off all the buds and put her back into veg. she's turned around. almost ready to take a few cuttings. i have no idea if this is a one-of-a-kind pheno or not. i have one other F1 female that has a completely different smell. i revegged it as well. i seeded both of them so i actually have F2a's and F2b's. it is really easy to spin off into endless directions.

the two phenos seem to be easily distinguishable. one has more sativa like leaves. the other has more of an indica look. almost like oak tree leaves. i have 10 seedlings of F2's so i will try to match like males with like females. i guess i can do a back-cross of each as well as F3's. :cool:

IMG 5822
IMG 5823
IMG 5825
IMG 5827

F

fdd2blk

indoor hijack at 7 and 1/2 weeks of 12/12. got about a week to go.

IMG 7791
IMG 7792
IMG 7813

F

fdd2blk

i have a bunch outside. F1's and 2's. i have a bunch of F2 and 3 seedlings started. i will be picking the best males of the seedlings and back crossing to the f1's and 2's. by the end of the summer i hope to have a rather large stock of seed to play with over the winter. :cool:

IMG 7786

C

Coughee Brotha

looks like your doin a little more there than just messin round makin seeds! you got this bro.

mace

mace

Looks like a fun little project you have going there. have a few questions, hope you don't mind.

Since i see that you're doing both in and outdoor have you noticed either of the pheno's taking to one environment over the other?
Just wondering if you're looking to get something more of a indoor or outdoor style plant.

Also, how is the strain doing grower experience wise? Something a novice could work with, or only experts need apply?

Cheers!

F

fdd2blk

Looks like a fun little project you have going there. have a few questions, hope you don't mind.

Since i see that you're doing both in and outdoor have you noticed either of the pheno's taking to one environment over the other?
Just wondering if you're looking to get something more of a indoor or outdoor style plant.

Also, how is the strain doing grower experience wise? Something a novice could work with, or only experts need apply?

Cheers!

i'm seeing good results inside and out. outside they are easy to work with. lots of food and water. they love the nutes. inside they will stretch fast if too far from the lights. they are a little touchy on feeding when grown inside. they like a lot of food so you really have to stay on top of things.

mace

mace

i'm seeing good results inside and out. outside they are easy to work with. lots of food and water. they love the nutes. inside they will stretch fast if too far from the lights. they are a little touchy on feeding when grown inside. they like a lot of food so you really have to stay on top of things.

Hmmm, i wonder if the stretching would make for a good scrog style plant.
Have you fimmed any of them to see if it increases yields? Sorry if im putting the cart before the horse here(stable genetics) but what can i say, i love experiments.

G

grizz

Holy shit bro, nice garden, looks like your doing a fine job of growing and pollen chucking, your on the right track , keep taking the traits you like and work them togather.

thesoftdrugbaron

thesoftdrugbaron

looks like a nice vibe in you garden..... i can see you sitting there contemplating you next cross.. good luck . and nice job

mace

mace

Wowwie, looks dense!

p.s.
ROFL @ the word in the bottom picture, top right quadrant.

Top Bottom