Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds!

• Thread starter DoobieDon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieDon

DoobieDon

Hello. I am a new grower that has been enjoying our favorite flower for well over 25 years. I'd like to introduce my garden to you and have some of you guys/gals follow me along on my 1st grow.. And hopefully get some knowledgeable, experienced tips. I'm way behind most of you, but I'm a fast learner and really enjoying the opportunity to grow this plant legally in my life time. I am a medicinal cannabis patient in Missouri. We are allowed to grow 18 plants.. 6 in flowe, 6 in veg and 6 babies. I am just starting with seeds. I killed around $200 worth of seeds my 1st go around, and now I have 100% germination for my last 6 seeds (I'm highly motivated to have at least a couple of them be successful). My wife and I dropped some nice $ on our setup, now I just need some time, experience, and luck I guess..

Everything that I have done/purchased so far is based off of cultivation grow books that I've read. I am attempting to start a perpetual grow useing (No-till) Living Soil. I have 3 grow stations at this point.. 2'x2'x3'(T) Incubation-germination tent with 19w LED grow light, 3'x3'x80" (T) veg tent with 315w CMH, and 4'x4'x80" (T) flower tent with 600w HPS.... yeah, I went all out😁.
I will post pictures of the setup. I have already seen bugs on my new seedlings so I'm going to get some neem oil to spray on the ladys.. is this ok while they are young? Also I'm wondering when they will be ready to move under the 315w light?.. I'm starting the seedlings in soil less germination dirt with the LED about 5" above the plants(per manufacturer), then plan to transfer into 1.5 gal plant containers with my living soil, then on to 10 gal fabric pots for flower. Seems like my seedlings are stretching some, but I'm scared to burn the youngsters.. I hope I can get some of you pros to follow this thread and I can find some success with your help. This site is a blessing for us noobs, so THANK YOU in advance. More posts to follow...
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 3
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 2
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 5
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 6
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 7
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 8
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 9

Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 4
Im ready to make new friends and grow happy buds 10
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I am just starting with seeds. I killed around $200 worth of seeds my 1st go around, and now I have 100% germination for my last 6 seeds (I'm highly motivated to have at least a couple of them be successful). My wife and I dropped some nice $ on our setup, now I just need some time, experience, and luck I guess..

Thats it? Not to shabby! LOL. Nah i feel that demotivation from dropping some good money and having a rough start. Second grow here, and i came to thcfarmer for some help and man these guys here really know what theyre talking about. Nice setup, looks like you got the concept down, you know where to start at and the idea of growing cannabis, youre going to do great!! Glad youre here, cant wait to see some future posts of your plants and all the goodies. Welcome to the farm!

DoobieDon

DoobieDon

Thats it? Not to shabby! LOL. Nah i feel that demotivation from dropping some good money and having a rough start. Second grow here, and i came to thcfarmer for some help and man these guys here really know what theyre talking about. Nice setup, looks like you got the concept down, you know where to start at and the idea of growing cannabis, youre going to do great!! Glad youre here, cant wait to see some future posts of your plants and all the goodies. Welcome to the farm!
Thanks! I'm loving the opportunity

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Welcome to the Farm! Nice setup you have there, I will follow along if you don't mind. Good Growing!

DoobieDon

DoobieDon

Welcome to the Farm! Nice setup you have there, I will follow along if you don't mind. Good Growing!
Thank you! What's your opinion of the seedlings? Does that look like "stretching "? Should I lower the LED?

DoobieDon

DoobieDon

Day 14.. first grow. I'm wondering what is going on with the seedling leaves on a couple of the babys (see pic), burnt looking. Got the girls in a Jiffy organic seedling starter mix with a 20w LED/24hrs to start them. I'm getting ready to transplant them in a few more days. Any idea what is going on with the leaves? Can I transplant them and put them under my 315w CMH lamp without hurting them?

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Could be overfeeding, could be a nutrient lockout aswell, i would transplant them right away and just use water for a couple of weeks. Nice clean setup man

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Am I good to put them under a 315w CMH lamp after transplant?
Absolutly, mine are 8 days and kept them under 250w cfl since birth. Have vegged with 600w before hps aswell. Just make sure you start with long distance to the lamp and slowley lower it during a week or two. CMH runs hot so be extra carefull

DoobieDon

DoobieDon

Absolutly, mine are 8 days and kept them under 250w cfl since birth. Have vegged with 600w before hps aswell. Just make sure you start with long distance to the lamp and slowley lower it during a week or two. CMH runs hot so be extra carefull
Thanks ! Definitely appreciate the help

DoobieDon

DoobieDon

NP, i will sub and check in to see how you are doing, looks nice and clean
Ok, week 3 update. I transplanted my 6 seedlings into 1.5 gal container's. Im working with a Coots blend no till soil. So I cut my cover plot clover, left the clover and covered it with Malibu compost. I watered the pots thoroughly, dug a transplant hole, sprinkled some myco, transplanted and watered. I was worried about my 315w CMH being to strong so I split the group into 2 groups. 4 seedlings went into the tent with the CMH (after I raised it to around 40"), and 2 seedlings went back into my small tent with the low watt LED for a few days.. I noticed that the single leaves that grew before the 3 finger leaves have yellowed and dried up.. should I be concerned. Did I transplant these girls correctly?

20191121 184238
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, week 3 update. I transplanted my 6 seedlings into 1.5 gal container's. Im working with a Coots blend no till soil. So I cut my cover plot clover, left the clover and covered it with Malibu compost. I watered the pots thoroughly, dug a transplant hole, sprinkled some myco, transplanted and watered. I was worried about my 315w CMH being to strong so I split the group into 2 groups. 4 seedlings went into the tent with the CMH (after I raised it to around 40"), and 2 seedlings went back into my small tent with the low watt LED for a few days.. I noticed that the single leaves that grew before the 3 finger leaves have yellowed and dried up.. should I be concerned. Did I transplant these girls correctly?
Those first leaves are just to get the plant started. You didn't do anything wrong. At this stage they will appreciate a higher humidity and temps. I would recommend 60-65% humidity and 75-78 air temps.

Top Bottom