I'm thinking Nitrogen Def and maybe over watering?

• Thread starter 420ReBeLGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

About to do my flush and was wondering if there is a specific PPM I should have my flush water at? I know I should flush with about 6.6 pH'd water just didn't know if the ppk matters for the flush?

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

So, gave them all a flush of around 2.5 gallons of water.

Water
pH: 6.6
Ppm: 220

After flush, the collected water showed..

pH: 6.8
Ppm: 640

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So, gave them all a flush of around 2.5 gallons of water.

Water
pH: 6.6
Ppm: 220

After flush, the collected water showed..

pH: 6.8
Ppm: 640
Soil pH needs to come down to about 6-6.2. And the ppm indicates a slight build
Up of salts which may lead to future lockouts. I don’t know how others do it, but when my soil pH was higher, I flushed with a lower pHed (6)/low ppm feed 250ppm(ish) 20% more than I’d normally water and I was able to stabilize my soil pH a bit. After that my soil pH was a constant 5.8-6 which was sufficient for my first grow. I had no signs of lockout, just a bit of heat stress. Wait for some other opinions first.
There may be better ways to bring the soil pH down and stabilize it better.
BurnZ

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Soil pH needs to come down to about 6-6.2. And the ppm indicates a slight build
Up of salts which may lead to future lockouts. I don’t know how others do it, but when my soil pH was higher, I flushed with a lower pHed (6)/low ppm feed 250ppm(ish) 20% more than I’d normally water and I was able to stabilize my soil pH a bit. After that my soil pH was a constant 5.8-6 which was sufficient for my first grow. I had no signs of lockout, just a bit of heat stress. Wait for some other opinions first.
There may be better ways to bring the soil pH down and stabilize it better.
BurnZ

With the flush I just did, should I flush again with lower ph and ppm water at next feeding, or should I go back to nutes? I want to get the PH down lower (I figure if I flush with 6.0 it will bring it down to a lower level.)

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’d let the soil dry out a bit before watering again.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

I’d let the soil dry out a bit before watering again.
Oh, for sure! Want to let them dry out a bit before each watering. What do you think for next watering though? another jkust water flush or back to nutes again? I'm not a good judge of when they only have 2 weeks left so I don't know exactly when to only use water.

They look better already after the flush, but the leaves are still falling :-(...
IMG 20200804 091248574
IMG 20200804 091333666

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
You’ve got a ways to go. Looks like they are bouncing back nicely. Water again with the pHed water next time. Try and get the pH down a bit, then feed light the following watering.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

I'll water again when dry with only lower PH and ppm water. Should be in about 4 days or so. I'll flush with 6.0 and lower ppm (like 100 or so).

How much longer you think I got? I figured another 3 weeks before harvest. They are day 43 or 44 of flower.

Top Bottom