Imortance of EC/ppm Values

• Thread starter ReconMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReconMan

I would appreciate anyone's input on my situation. Well I have a Hanna 98127 ph/temp meter and it has recently gone bad...I think the electrode is bad (it's about a year old). Well obviously I need to get another one, no problem; however, I was wondering if I should get the same model which does not measure EC or ppm values. for $80 or spring $130 for the same Hanna that does measure EC and ppm values. I have always had success not measuring EC/ppm values, just the ph as this is the most important value. My question is should I spring the extra amount for the EC/ppm/ph/temp meter or should I just go with the exact same ph/temp meter which is cheaper and I have had much success with it. If I have had success not measuring the EC/ppm values is it worth the extra $50 to now measure these. I appreciate anyone's input one this. Currently I am raising God and about to raise ReCon. I would rather not spend the extra $50 but if you guys think that I should I will...please help!:unsure:

T

thc4sim

Its worth knowing what is going into your plants so i would get one with the EC as well if i were you..
Ive used the bluelab PH wand and thier EC wand for 2 years now with no problems at all, just had to change battery's 1 time..

R

ReconMan

So how much did you pay for your tester and do you think it might be better than the Hanna (they usually last me a year then I have to replace) Thank you for your reply!!!

T

thc4sim

I cannot fault the Bluelab sticks i use, the PH wand also comes with a spare set of contact rings for replacement, if and when needed..
i think i payed £55 for the PH wand and £50 for the EC wand, but im sure you could pick them up cheaper in the US..

But if the Hanna one works no problem, stick with what you know but i still like to know what the EC is especially when i have plants at various stages of growth, just so i know what they are getting..

C

cdc

yea depends also if ya have got it really dialed in or not too. i have grown in soil for ....15 yrs ...and back when i started no i know ever tested the ph or the ec.:P

when i went to hydro i got the meters to make sure i was doing everything right.I find it depended really on the products used, when i use GH 3 part i never check the ph or the ec i can pretty much do it with my eyes shut.Other products that i have used i had to adjust the ph weekly and so on.

I

I B L

Premium Member
Supporter
stick with what has served u well

and save the duny, unless you r gonna 'go off the reservation' with dailing up the nute values
:) also good old fashion litmus paper p h strips work great and cost peanuts

4maggio

Have you cleaned it?

I would appreciate anyone's input on my situation. Well I have a Hanna 98127 ph/temp meter and it has recently gone bad...I think the electrode is bad (it's about a year old). Well obviously I need to get another one, no problem; however, I was wondering if I should get the same model which does not measure EC or ppm values. for $80 or spring $130 for the same Hanna that does measure EC and ppm values. I have always had success not measuring EC/ppm values, just the ph as this is the most important value. My question is should I spring the extra amount for the EC/ppm/ph/temp meter or should I just go with the exact same ph/temp meter which is cheaper and I have had much success with it. If I have had success not measuring the EC/ppm values is it worth the extra $50 to now measure these. I appreciate anyone's input one this. Currently I am raising God and about to raise ReCon. I would rather not spend the extra $50 but if you guys think that I should I will...please help!:unsure:

High Recon.. I went thru the same thing with my Hanna 98129, I bought the new probe. Turns out that soaking the bitch in this hanna 'electrode cleaning solution' for 24 hours is required a few times a year, along with recalibration every couple weeks.

Maybe not broken.. Just a thought.

H

Husbandnwife420

i say if your going hydro, and can afford ?,it go all the way. get the 1 that dose ppm and all.:handshake

Top Bottom