In memory of DD: How to build an MPB revisited.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hello all,

I have been running this system for a a couple years almost, and so I have a pretty good handle on it at this point.

Time permitting, I am going to re do the DIY MPB thread in DD's memory. He had uploaded all the pics on his DIY thread through photobucket, then delted that account. Therefore all pics of his original system are gone.

I built mine exactly to his specs. Same buckets, net pots, drain fittings, etc..

Here is a pic of a 9 site system:

In memory of dd how to build an mpb revisited
In memory of dd how to build an mpb revisited 2
In memory of dd how to build an mpb revisited 3

Above you can see the plumbing. The 1/2" valve on the bottom of the pic is where the water moves in to the bucket. If you follow the tubing, you can see it is as low on the bucket as you can get it, connected with a 1/2" quick disconnect. The valve at the top of the bucket is where the air comes in. You want valves so you can regulate the flows to each bucket, so they are all the same as far as bubbles and flow.

You can also see 2 larger tubes feeding in to a drain. These are 1" over flows.

This is all original spec.... I used wire shelving from home depot for a plant stand, because in this system the water has to flow from the buckets back down to the res, meaning the bottom of the bucket has to be higher than the top of the res by 1/8" per foot of fall. In common sense terms the water has to be able to get back to the main reservoir.

More pics and instructions to follow. I will also post a material list for a 6 site system.

Last edited:
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Sick system bro! Very clean and well setup. Ill bet you do crank out some serious weight outta that rig. What strain is gonna be chosen for the show? Lol, be nice run DD's g13 cut in it too, huh?!!! That shit was CRAZY!!( In that 10lb grow thread.) He averaged over 8lbs a plant!!!
Wish you the best of luck with this one Cap! Gonna be a HOT thread for sure!!! Peace.
Quest

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
what would you estimate was your ballpark cost per site to build this? (just the bucket system, not the whole room)

I will put together a list of all the components and pricing soon.

Sick system bro! Very clean and well setup. Ill bet you do crank out some serious weight outta that rig. What strain is gonna be chosen for the show? Lol, be nice run DD's g13 cut in it too, huh?!!! That shit was CRAZY!!( In that 10lb grow thread.) He averaged over 8lbs a plant!!!
Wish you the best of luck with this one Cap! Gonna be a HOT thread for sure!!! Peace.
Quest

There won't be any plants in this thread, it will be strictly the build out (components and how to)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hey cap, liking this thread already bro def pulling up a seat. hows does this system yield and with what veg times? also is this system good for organics?

Currently 2 potatoes per site, but has the potential for more. Veg times vary with regard to strain. Usually around a month and a half.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Love this setup. Thanks for shedding some light on it Cap.

Quickie: if the 1/2" pipe/valve at the bottom is the water supply - then what are the drip heads for?

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Wow thats awesome of you man! I thankyou very much! Im getting set to start building one soon and this will DEFINITELY help! Peace
Quest

Mogrow

Mogrow

hey Cap, i'm gonna be a good student and try and soak this up, case i wanna try h2o.
this doubled dude is polarizing to say the least, damn.
what happened to him?
peace mogrow

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Love this setup. Thanks for shedding some light on it Cap.

Quickie: if the 1/2" pipe/valve at the bottom is the water supply - then what are the drip heads for?

There is a drip top feed that can be used to water the plants before the roots hit the water below. DD was running his top feed 24/7,. but I found that it was unecessary. I only hand water now once a day for about the first week. After that the roots will wick up the water from the bucket and the top feed becomes useless, but still can be used for flushing.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

does the top of your coco dry out without the drip lines on?

what kind of stakes are those, and do you use them with your chow too?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
does the top of your coco dry out without the drip lines on?

what kind of stakes are those, and do you use them with your chow too?

no once there are enough roots in the water the media will not dry out. The stakes are basket drippers. I use them in the chow. 2 per plant, one on either side of the trunk.

sedate

sedate

Cap is that month and a half veg time in that system? or do you veg in a seperate area and move them into that room to keep the flower cycle constant ?

Lots of guys had pythium prohlems with that system ever had issues?

Yea doubled is a polarizing cat. It seems that many Farmers built out his system to find his claimed results not very reproducible . . Like guys with mad experience and good genetics could get 1/3 maybe 1/2 his claimed yields.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Cap is that month and a half veg time in that system? or do you veg in a seperate area and move them into that room to keep the flower cycle constant ?

Lots of guys had pythium prohlems with that system ever had issues?

Yea doubled is a polarizing cat. It seems that many Farmers built out his system to find his claimed results not very reproducible . . Like guys with mad experience and good genetics could get 1/3 maybe 1/2 his claimed yields.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, nor, really had a good chance to look at his system in detail. Dealing with his legend is a lot like... well, like dealing with a legend! You get a lot of hype, but the substance has been hard for me to find.

This is why I appreciate Cap's efforts here to shed some light on DD's techniques, so I can see them for myself with some hope of objectivity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom