In my time of need i call upon you, the wizards of nutrient world

• Thread starter Totalnoob11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Totalnoob11

That was exactly my point good sir, that you can grow weed with pretty much anything. Sure there are specific, pricey nutrients available in bottle after flashy bottle, but a lot of us started this before those products existed , we use Peters back then pretty much, at least I did

Today Peter's product called Jack's 3-2-1 is still a good choice, another good choice especially for a new grower would be megacrop because you apply it by pH and PPM, not by NPK ratio, that parts all done for you, and it's a good company to deal with too

Here's a link to that Spike grow, I'm not recommending those btw, if you read the thread you'll see why LOL good luck

Mega crop does seem to be very beginner friendly since they include a lot of stuff in that 1 bag, will test it out for sure.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
thanks for the warning about H&G and AN, can you tell me why people say "stay away from bloom nutes"? are they actually such a waste of money?

Next time you are at a hydro shop flip bottles of nutes round and read the label. You will notice that all the bottles, no matter the price, all have the same ingredients in them. This is also true for bloom nutes and boosters half the time.

Nutrients are all about ratios. The amount of Potassium:Calcium:Magnesium. The amount of Nitrogen:Phosphorus ect. Lots of bloom nutes cut a lot of N which is important in flower. Not to mention overload on P. Buying into bloom nutes will cause you to buy other bottles and the cycle continues. P boosters (in bottles) are a waste of money. Which is funny cause they are mostly K boosters and you can just buy MKP for 2% of the cost of the bottle. When you start using multi bottles you can really get the ratios out of wack. The more bottles you use the more this problem can compound unless you are breaking down the PPM's and know what you are doing. I will admit I chased the nute unicorn for years and years just throwing different stuff together without actually ever breaking down what was on the back of the label. I would hate to work out how much money I actually spent on all those nutes over a 10 year period till I saw the light.

If you want to get into the meat and potatoes this guy breaks down Advanced Nutes marketing with science and calls them out for all the misinformation along with a good chunk of info of actual nutrient salts.

It's a read and might come out of left field when first getting into this but good info none the less. TLDR: it's all marketing and using slight of hand

Just make a solid choice on a 1 or 2 part bottle line like that has been suggested or go the salt route if you want to tweak a little more. 2-1-3 is an NPK that will last you all the way through veg and flower. Just stay away from high P.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Next time you are at a hydro shop flip bottles of nutes round and read the label. You will notice that all the bottles, no matter the price, all have the same ingredients in them. This is also true for bloom nutes and boosters half the time.

Nutrients are all about ratios. The amount of Potassium:Calcium:Magnesium. The amount of Nitrogen:Phosphorus ect. Lots of bloom nutes cut a lot of N which is important in flower. Not to mention overload on P. Buying into bloom nutes will cause you to buy other bottles and the cycle continues. P boosters (in bottles) are a waste of money. Which is funny cause they are mostly K boosters and you can just buy MKP for 2% of the cost of the bottle. When you start using multi bottles you can really get the ratios out of wack. The more bottles you use the more this problem can compound unless you are breaking down the PPM's and know what you are doing. I will admit I chased the nute unicorn for years and years just throwing different stuff together without actually ever breaking down what was on the back of the label. I would hate to work out how much money I actually spent on all those nutes over a 10 year period till I saw the light.

If you want to get into the meat and potatoes this guy breaks down Advanced Nutes marketing with science and calls them out for all the misinformation along with a good chunk of info of actual nutrient salts.

It's a read and might come out of left field when first getting into this but good info none the less. TLDR: it's all marketing and using slight of hand

Just make a solid choice on a 1 or 2 part bottle line like that has been suggested or go the salt route if you want to tweak a little more. 2-1-3 is an NPK that will last you all the way through veg and flower. Just stay away from high P.
This ^^^ exactly this.

T

Totalnoob11

Thanks for this info, i'll definitely check out the articles, 2 parts is the max i'll go for just a bit of pk boost in the flower phase and diluting a bit on veg N base.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

thanks for the warning about H&G and AN, can you tell me why people say "stay away from bloom nutes"? are they actually such a waste of money?
IMO..Not a waste of $$. I use Megacrop and their bloom booster myself. As with most things Cannabis..less is more. Nutes are only vitamins, and Lights are the food:)
I also use Botincare Sweet Raw, even though they were bought out by Bayer/Monsanto/Scotts. That's about it here:

My 1st Megacrop test:) (1st shot, sorry for the burple.)

Outdoor grow..Megacrop too.

Moshmen

Moshmen

save your money and time and don't buy bloom nutes or "boosters". Above suggestions are solid. I would stay away from stuff like Advanced and H&G.
Spent over $100 on nutes when I started burnt up 2 grows before I got wise! Now I use the bottles to set my fans on lol . It’s no joke you can love these things to death literally .

Top Bottom