In need of Dehumidifier Recommendation

• Thread starter FirstTimer99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FirstTimer99

FirstTimer99

Hey everyone!

I need a recommendation for a dehumidifier that will keep me around 45% while paying under $100.

I've recently switch to flower so now I have a lot more focus on the humidity, since it needs to be low. From my understanding it needs to be between 40-50%, and I'm having issues keeping it that low. After watering I'm up to 70% and average is 55%.

I'm using a 4x4x8 tent with 4 plants. I have 4" exhaust with a carbon filter, standing skinny fan that oscillates and a clip fan up top.

Reactions: PK1
tobh

tobh

Supporter
So, hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're not going to find a unit big enough for under $100. I'm using a 50 pint unit, and it's barely able to keep the RH within reasonable range, especially at lights out. I think I paid $300 for my unit, which is the Vremi 50 pint. I'm also in a 4x4x7 tent.

Your other option is to upgrade to 6" exhaust and try to move more air through the tent, though I can't promise that'll have much impact depending where the tent resides. A dehumidifier is a sure-fire solution.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I dont really feel its going to be doable and certainly could not recommend one for that price and feel comfortable. Possibly a used one locally?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
in all honesty i don't even use dehumidifier. you can control that with a bit more heat. Just make sure you have proper air circulation and 60% in flower is actually good.

FirstTimer99

FirstTimer99

in all honesty i don't even use dehumidifier. you can control that with a bit more heat. Just make sure you have proper air circulation and 60% in flower is actually good.
I've read over 55% is horrible and can cause bud rot. Is that not true? You'll change my whole outlook on this lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I flower at 50-65% depending on the strains reactions. Indicas a bit drier and sativas a bit more humid.

You get PM and bud rot from lack of airflow, reaching the dew point consistently for a few days, low humidity during lights on combined with high humidity during lights off, leaves stacking and causing condensate.

I would say thw biggest cause is lack of airflow, stacking leaves and the temp change at lights out that causes the humidity to spike.

But thw notion that over 55 will cause bud rot is absolutely bullshit. Its not one factor that creates ideal conditions its almost always 2 or more leading to micro climates close to or at dew point which is 100% humidity.

FirstTimer99

FirstTimer99

I flower at 50-65% depending on the strains reactions. Indicas a bit drier and sativas a bit more humid.

You get PM and bud rot from lack of airflow, reaching the dew point consistently for a few days, low humidity during lights on combined with high humidity during lights off, leaves stacking and causing condensate.

I would say thw biggest cause is lack of airflow, stacking leaves and the temp change at lights out that causes the humidity to spike.

But thw notion that over 55 will cause bud rot is absolutely bullshit. Its not one factor that creates ideal conditions its almost always 2 or more leading to micro climates close to or at dew point which is 100% humidity.
Thank you very much for your reply. Good to know the 55% is bullshit, glad I was informed incorrectly. The airflow is really good, all parts of the plants get good air through them. Shit hot air is exhausted out. I think I'm good them, I'm going to try and continue on without a dehumidifier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you very much for your reply. Good to know the 55% is bullshit, glad I was informed incorrectly. The airflow is really good, all parts of the plants get good air through them. Shit hot air is exhausted out. I think I'm good them, I'm going to try and continue on without a dehumidifier.
I'm not recommending that you go without... more control is always better. Im just saying it is possible you can go without but now let's say you get 10-15f drop in temp right at lights out.... well depending on the room size the tent is in that may cause you issues right there.

Please do not take my response as you dont need one because I cant say for sure or not.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Eg say you have a temp of 80f and 65%RH and the temp drops to 67. That a 13f drop.... you know what the humidity will be without a dehumidifier? 100% and thats dew point and that will cause issues.

HarryHood

HarryHood

my setup is similar to yours. i'm using a cloudline 6 inch exhaust and a cloudline 4 inch for the intake with 2 monkey fans in the tent. both cloudline fans are capable of being programmed and tethered which is a really awesome feature. i'm able to get the humidity down with this setup and am very happy to hear that it's not a necessity to drop RH to 40 as i too was worried about purchasing a dehumidifier.
i will say that i wish i had another 6 inch for the intake fan as i know it would move air better than the 4 , but they were out of them at the store

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

This one works great at $150 I have 2 tents in a small out building and when I crank this up it drops the whole place to whatever I set it to
0C7D6F55 8B22 481F A8A9 3C977871EAE9

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I
my setup is similar to yours. i'm using a cloudline 6 inch exhaust and a cloudline 4 inch for the intake with 2 monkey fans in the tent. both cloudline fans are capable of being programmed and tethered which is a really awesome feature. i'm able to get the humidity down with this setup and am very happy to hear that it's not a necessity to drop RH to 40 as i too was worried about purchasing a dehumidifier.
i will say that i wish i had another 6 inch for the intake fan as i know it would move air better than the 4 , but they were out of them at the store
I have the 6 in and 4 in also and the 4 is just too small even for my 3x3 tent.. the 6 in does well in my 96x80x48 but actually wish I had the 8 in

HarryHood

HarryHood

I

I have the 6 in and 4 in also and the 4 is just too small even for my 3x3 tent.. the 6 in does well in my 96x80x48 but actually wish I had the 8 in
i'm contemplating getting another 6. most likely will be my next stoned amazon purchase 😄

Top Bottom