In need of experienced advice on new grow room "please"

• Thread starter jmack65
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jmack65

Hello everyone here, I am new to the forum and hope I cant get some really good advice on my next grow room build. I just moved (renting) and have a un-attached garage in back hooked up with a separate electric panel equipped with 100 amps. The exterior walls are siding t-one11 and inside has been sheet rocked, the ceiling is open with truss joist and it has an aluminum roll up door and a regular side entry key lock door, also it has a window on one side. I started a couple years ago first with a 4 x 8 tent and 2k then went to a room with 4k air cooled with intake and exhaust.I had to move so i am now ready to start up again I am in the Sacramento valley area where the summers are brutally hot and the winters can get pretty cold.i have basically all my old equipment 6' and 8' air cooled hoods, fans portable a/c 70 pint dehumid ect... my new property management frowns on growing per the lease it was extensive so my " Dilemma" is that my next room HAS TO BE STEALTH. I am leaning towards a fully sealed room and need advice on the build reflectors I have already bought the co2 tanks so at this point I am thinking of building 2 inside walls inside the garage like an " L" shape and run three 4 x 8 trays in it. I am also willing to go to open reflectors and upgrade to a mini split a/c, so those are the basics sorry it's such a long read but I would really appreciate any really experienced grower/builders/consultants to help me from here. I used to be a carpenter before i became disabled so the building will not be an issue, I just need it to be odor free from neighbors and control the climate as best as possible. Again any help, ideas, reccommendations on the build or the equipment will be helpful. thank you all in advance. hope to speak soon with you all. peace

SunGrown

SunGrown

I would NOT do the mini split if you have a rental agency that doesnt want you to grow.

It will bite you in the ass

I would do sealed and I would add sound board to the entire build out because the fans etc may get you in trouble too.

Do you think they were suspect that you may grow? If so , even if not, they likely will walk the property a time or two just to listen or check, since they have the no grow clause.

Rentals suck, cause legally they only have to give 24 hr notice to do a walk thru...so keep that in mind as well

J

jmack65

ya all your points are well taken, the house was a full grow house before the owners bought it fixed it up and had a property management take it over, it does suck bad. i also have a spare bedroom like 9 x 11 i could go with 3-4 lights at this point im in limbo, my basic question is does a fully sealed room keep odor in pretty well, my last grow room you could still smell from exhaust after filter

straincreation

straincreation

If your having priblems with odor. Imo I think you should get a scrubber that sits in the room, constantly scrubbing air before it goes threw the final scrub to where ever your dumping your air.

Also I think it will help if you dunp your air at the highest point in the room attic etc. This way if any smell it will be so high up by the time it comes down it will be away from your house a bit. Just a thought tho.
Happy farmin;)

Top Bottom