In need of help identifying burning/browning leaves!

• Thread starter GardenMan88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenMan88

GardenMan88

Hey, this is my first post on here, and looking for some help with an issue I'm having in my garden. I recently did my day 21 defoliation as I always do and my plants looked healthy. Three days later and I'm seeing this burning/browning of the leaves spreading on the plants. I'm thinking it could be a boron deficiency?
Using Athena Blended Nutrients
5.8 PH
3.0 EC
80F
65-70% humidity
Growing in COCO
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

In need of help identifying burningbrowning leaves
In need of help identifying burningbrowning leaves 2
In need of help identifying burningbrowning leaves 3
GardenMan88

GardenMan88

It seems like they're being burned by the light.
It does look like bleaching of the leaves. This would make sense as I turned my lights up to 75% a few days before. I will turn them back down to 50% and hope for no more damage. This is my first run under LEDs after coming from HPS. Thank you for your response to my post.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It does look like bleaching of the leaves. This would make sense as I turned my lights up to 75% a few days before. I will turn them back down to 50% and hope for no more damage. This is my first run under LEDs after coming from HPS. Thank you for your response to my post.
Yeah, you have to ramp up. In my current grow, I let the plants get so tall that I'll never get it up to 100%.

Also, they seem to demand more nutrients, especially magnesium.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You know, on second thought, you might have a micronutrient deficiency, or even the triple play calcium-magnesium-iron deficiency. Are you sure your pH is what you think it is?

I don't know anything about coco, so I'm not sure how you should deal with it.

GardenMan88

GardenMan88

You know, on second thought, you might have a micronutrient deficiency, or even the triple play calcium-magnesium-iron deficiency. Are you sure your pH is what you think it is?

I don't know anything about coco, so I'm not sure how you should deal with it.
Yeah I've been feeding them pretty heavy. I recently calibrated my PH Pen and Im pretty sure my input PH is on point. I do need to run a test on Run off PH. Its hard to say whats going on I'm hoping its the light intensity because the plants looked great before I turned the lights up.

MercDod

MercDod

Novice grower here but an EC of 3.0 sounds incredible high to me. Not sure if that would cause those issues.

GardenMan88

GardenMan88

Novice grower here but an EC of 3.0 sounds incredible high to me. Not sure if that would cause those issues.
My plants seemed to really like the high EC I've been feeding them for a couple of weeks so I'm not sure if that is the issue. Either way thanks for your input any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Sunasun

Sunasun

My plants seemed to really like the high EC I've been feeding them for a couple of weeks so I'm not sure if that is the issue. Either way thanks for your input any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Any updates?

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I dimmed my lights down and it stopped. I continued feeding at pretty high EC and plants are thriving so I would say it was a lighting issue for sure.
I was having the same issue recently and was thinking it was nutrient related. It turned out that dimming my light by 20% corrected it.

Top Bottom