In need of new lighting system.

• Thread starter 4HydrogenAtoms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4HydrogenAtoms

4HydrogenAtoms

I have a self built grow closet (within my closet)
Its 8" in width x 22" in length x 16.5" (all-inches) in Hight. I have been using One CFL 23w / 1500 lumen bulb my color spectrum of choice was "Natural Light"
I have been reading alot about lighting systems require and have become greatly confused.
I was under the impression that this would be enough to grow 2 plants within this closet. After comparing my plants to others my growth seems relatively short/small/stunted. I purchased a MH 200w light 3880 Lumens replaced the bulb.& 2hrs later my plants were completely burnt. No biggie though trial and error. More seeds on the way but in the mean time.
Can someone please educate me properly on the RIGHT lighting system.
ie: Right amount of lumens from veg/ 2 flowering, which lights show best result. And the color red and blue on the Kelvin scale I've been reading ?.?.?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
my first thought is t-5s - but unless they make an 18" one

I cant think of anything that would work in that small of place besides more cfls or some leds

4HydrogenAtoms

4HydrogenAtoms

I Dont Believe So. Im Wanting to go with a MH bulb. But im confused about this Kelvin Graph. The Blue And Red?

4HydrogenAtoms

4HydrogenAtoms

So I have come across information Saying that. 2200k Is The Orange/Red Spectrum: Which would give my plant impressive vertical growth, and is mostly used for pre-flower/flowering stage. These are mostly seen in HPS bulbs??

J

jkjay

A bigger cfl is a good bet. Most home centers have a 65w one now, and grow stores have 125's. Probably a taller cabinet and keep the 200 would be best though. My first grow was a 18" dp x 32" wd x 44" hh with a 250w mh sun agro. That was my best yield ever in terms of gr/w. And put a computer fan or something in there to exaust the air, that would be good.

Top Bottom