In need of some advice…..

• Thread starter RyanDaGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RyanDaGrower

RyanDaGrower

The temps are getting down to about 32 degrees at night with rain every once in a while and unfortunately I’m having problems with water too. What would an early harvest Portray of and how can it effect the buds? I haven’t been giving them any nutrients (feeding) because of the unfrequent water schedule. Should I give them nutritious back? I could solve my water problem but I don’t want to spend the money if you guys think otherwise. What would you do in this situation giving mind to the weather too!

In need of some advice
In need of some advice 2
In need of some advice 3
In need of some advice 4
In need of some advice 5
In need of some advice 6
RyanDaGrower

RyanDaGrower

Harvesting early still gives you smoke. A ruined harvest doesn't. You need to decide if the weather is working for you. I wouldn't let it freeze and get rained on.
Good Point! I’ll see what other people evaluate out of it and make a decision! But as you can the weather is just not having it this year.

DA605D7D FA5F 4DE3 8208 31B8A8129ACD
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Nothing wrong with an early harvest, i had to pull mine early last year because heavy rains brought in the snails and i really dislike snails,
they love to eat the fattest juiciest buds.

Although early the smoke was still dynamite, was so good even the shake would blow your head off. : )

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Harvesting early still gives you smoke. A ruined harvest doesn't. You need to decide if the weather is working for you. I wouldn't let it freeze and get rained on.

I think @Ponky has the right answer. A ruined harvest - What he is telling you is cold temperatures + rain will lead to all sorts of headaches. If it freezes, its done. If it's cold and rained on and cannot dry out quickly and thoroughly, you'll have mold and bud rot. Your buds look good now, but those drooping leaves are telling a bigger story. If you plan to water and extend your grow season, you'll have to move those plants inside your garage or your house every night until harvest.

If you harvest now, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the smoke. It may not be quite done, but its looking pretty good.

TSD

TSD

I have had a few spots of rot thanks to the cold damp nights... everything is coming down as fast as two people can cut, trim ,wash and hang it. Every day I find more rot than I did the day before and we are in high gear now. Early is definitely better than moldy.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Chop it down or cover it with a blanket....

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

My buddy just stopped by and told me half his crop molded over in what he said was a day or so. Prolly was already taking hold and not noticeable to the brief checks and then the environment was perfect for it to just explode with spores and cover all the buds with mold. Kinda like how mushrooms grow overnight.
So be on the lookout or chop now. And the buds are pretty big. Can’t see close up but looking good from my view. I’m an indoor grower but I’ve chopped early and I think the buzz is more intense and racy versus the amber trichs that are more couchy narcotic.

Top Bottom