In Search Of The Ultimate Afghani

• Thread starter PharmHand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

Some years back I smoked some of the tastiest dankest afghani I've ever came across. Allegedly it was LA affie but I'm from BC where every strain has multiple names depending on what's selling best at the moment and fetches the highest price. Mostly it's a lot of OG, bubba and master kush variations but this was different. It had a very dank hashy bold taste- no pine and no fuely taste and much more of a body stone than the other hybrids available at the time. Dude I got it from would not give out cuts so I ordered/grew out some DNA la confidential and out of 12 seeds found a decent keeper but no where near the rich flavor of the alleged la affie I was looking for. And it was the slowest vegger I've ever grown. Being limited on plant numbers meant I grew bigger plants and this pheno took a couple months just to get a 2' little bush which just wasn't practical for me at the time.

Having smoked and grown a lot of different hybrids over the years I haven't come across anything quite as tasty( for my tastes) which leads to my question.... Which Afghan or af cross in seed form has the most rich bold danky hashy taste that you know of ? And preferably decent vegging vigor? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you kindly:)

N

Nog

Sensi's Afghani #1 has a hashy smell when burning.

I think they are natural landrace from Afghanistan, they are not like Dutch or North American bred strains, they are more natural.

Very relaxing smoke, makes your mind and body very relaxed, but don't smoke too much or it will make you stupified.

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Jordan of the Islands
Afghani
Big dark Indica leaves, sturdy stem, and high yield are the characteristics of this strain.

Short, compact growth pattern
A must for the Indica fans

Indoor/Outdoor
Flowering time: 7 weeks
Outdoor: end of September

P

PharmHand

Sensi's Afghani #1 has a hashy smell when burning.

I think they are natural landrace from Afghanistan, they are not like Dutch or North American bred strains, they are more natural.

Very relaxing smoke, makes your mind and body very relaxed, but don't smoke too much or it will make you stupified.
Yea I dunno if I really trust those big name seed vendors.... I've grown out some sensi stuff and it's hard to find anything worth keeping. Tried their hashplant years ago... Not even close to old school HP. Some phenos didn't even have trichomes literally the shit looked like broccoli and so much variation you'd swear it wasn't even the same strain. And their skunk? Lol. Not even a hint of ol skunk #1 in there smells like some kind of industrial cleaner/dill bullshit.
With the smaller guys like exotic and relentless every female I've grown out comes out nice, some more than others but all offer something it seems ,hard to chose only one keeper.....

P

PharmHand

I know what you mean. I recall one of the first times I smoked it I was out trail riding my dirtbike with friends smoked a fatty and crashed my bike hard lol. Bad combo the shit made me feel almost drunk. The good part was i didn't realize how hurt I was and finished my ride got my bike loaded took off my gear and saw that my knee was the size of a basketball all swollen. That's when the pain set it, the afghani had kept it at bay for hours. Good thing I had another couple pre rolls for the drive home lol- it was my clutch side leg lol. Good times..... I appreciate your response and suggestion. Thanks:D

Z

zombywolf

Petrolia Headstash is a pre-Soviet Afghani with the right characteristics. Gonna get some from Reeferman and see. I had an Afghani #1 in the late 80's, that was so long lasting you had to take the day off after smoking it. I think it came from SSSC with leaves that were dark green and as big as skunk cabbage.

SpiderK

SpiderK

some dude in the foothills of colorado has some killer afghani. stinks like willies

been in his family a long time and he never passed the cut. the buds are the same structure as powdered donuts, kinda fluffy. i would get it passed because the dude wrestled at michigan in the early 90's. last time i tried it was 10 years ago or so but if you get unique afghani near fort collins its from his family

william76

william76

Petrolia Headstash is a pre-Soviet Afghani with the right characteristics. Gonna get some from Reeferman and see. I had an Afghani #1 in the late 80's, that was so long lasting you had to take the day off after smoking it. I think it came from SSSC with leaves that were dark green and as big as skunk cabbage.
Yea,iv a pack of reefs ph fems,not grew them yet but was supposed to be made with 2 cracking females!,76

Nitetroller

Nitetroller

I know I'm bumping an older thread here but I've been searching for old afghans and real skunks myself. I'm running a few afghan 88 from IRG. First time trying their gear. Only a couple weeks into flowering right now. It's supposed to be an afghani that was frozen since the 80's. So far I like what I see. Definitely brings back memories of the older strains I first ran. Old school structure and smells.
Screenshot 20171004 200041
20171004 195802

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
some dude in the foothills of colorado has some killer afghani. stinks like willies

been in his family a long time and he never passed the cut. the buds are the same structure as powdered donuts, kinda fluffy. i would get it passed because the dude wrestled at michigan in the early 90's. last time i tried it was 10 years ago or so but if you get unique afghani near fort collins its from his family
Im up in foco lets hook a homie up spider.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

United Seed Collective Black Afghani. Isnt the fastest growing plant, but is very compact, with thick buds, that smell of hash. Pre Soviet mid, early 70s Kandahar Landrace.

United Seed Collective Couchlock... Afghani#1 x NL#5. Both Old School genes.

Swami has Blue Orca x 1985 Road Kill Skunk Guadalajara. The RKS clone only was hybridized 30+ years with the Guadalajara. In Guadalajara I believe.

He'll have the IBL RKS Guadalajara in the Spring.

Swami The ONE x Ace/Cannabiogen Paki Chitral Kush.

Attitude Seeds has the... Real Deal... Same genes Bodhi used....

NL#5 from British Columbia Seeds.

Introducing Northern Lights #5 from BCSC Seed Bank. She is the result of 25 years of selective breeding of cannabis seeds. BCSC has bred for vigorous growth and outstanding high. These marijuana seeds produce short, bushy plants and extremely frosted buds. Potential for high yields with lots of resin.
The odor is very low, but the buds are fruity and full flavored.

Flowering Time: Indoors - 55-60 days Outdoors - Oct. 10

I just ran 10 Sensi Afghan #1 Females, and none were worth keeping. The Mr Nice Shit, and The Pure are 2 of the Better Sk#1 genes around, but are Not Road Kill Skunk Funky. More Sweet Fruity. The Mr Nice Shit was done the 1st week of Sept in East Ky. Really surprising considering they say late Sept.:opps:

chillywilly

chillywilly

Great thread... I've seen the REAL Afghan strain from Afghanistan, brother let me tell you, if there ever was a hash strain, this was it... don't know which part, but this bud was brought by a friend was glazed with resin like icing on cake nearly 1/4" thick!! hard as a rock, buds the size of fist, branches like arms, and seeds the size of green peas! it took a hammer! to break to put on pipe or bong, flower leaves wide than a finger... looked prehistoric...I was in New Mexico early eighties... total bomb...I collected 3 seeds, one not mature, kept the other two and gree one... boy that plant can take 100 degree days no problem, drinks two gallons of water daily, big wide leaves, but I got locked up before I could finish, but the taste of strong fruit and hash thickness...
cw

Top Bottom