In take fan 4"

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Hi,

Im in the UK and trying to find a more powerful fan but can't find one anywhere ,

My intakes specs are 100 cfm but everything im looking at is either the same or worse,

People said buy an exhaust and turn it round, firstly will that work? And as those fans give the out take flow only so I dont know the in take flow rate is,

Can anyone give me some advice please

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A fan is a fan. There are no “intake” or “exhaust” fans. Just inline fans. Depends where you put it.

I intake with 2 6” inline fans on speed controllers to dial them down to half speed. And 2 6” inline fans to pull through the carbon filter and blow out my chimney.

They can be all the same fans but i have 2 different pair.

Just be sure intake speed is lower than exhaust to keep some negative pressure.

Hope i didnt misunderstand your post.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

A fan is a fan. There are no “intake” or “exhaust” fans. Just inline fans. Depends where you put it.

I intake with 2 6” inline fans on speed controllers to dial them down to half speed. And 2 6” inline fans to pull through the carbon filter and blow out my chimney.

They can be all the same fans but i have 2 different pair.

Just be sure intake speed is lower than exhaust to keep some negative pressure.

Hope i didnt misunderstand your post.
No you didnt misunderstand my post, so how do I know the in take flow rate, is it the same as the out take rate they, all sellers quote are outake ventilation speeds,

I could blow faster than my current intake fan, its bloody terrible, ive cleaned it, it coughed and was slightly better but still crap

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No you didnt misunderstand my post, so how do I know the in take flow rate, is it the same as the out take rate they, all sellers quote are outake ventilation speeds,

I could blow faster than my current intake fan, its bloody terrible, ive cleaned it, it coughed and was slightly better but still crap

Fans only have a flow rate. You intake speed is the max flow rate minus variables like bends in ducts or filters etc.

I put a foam air conditioning replacement filter in front to keep dust and stuff out.

767A77CC 8E45 4469 B507 4E0E5B29CE0C

One of the intake fans from my lung/veg room going into the flower room next room over.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you dont have inline scrubbers for ac's there wow,if you cant get one online,id go to a air conditioning place,there are scrubbers you put inline of the ac tubing in the attic and you split the line add the scubber for more air flow to certain rooms,what about parts house they sell floor scrubbers for air while working on cars,some have a cfm rating of 900,they work great

Latest posts

Top Bottom