In the middle of my first grow

• Thread starter Spliffyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Spliffyman

Hi all :)

I stumbled onto this site whilst googling some info I needed and though I may as well join as the info I was looking for seemed good 🙂

Everything I have learned so far has been through Google and YouTube and all is going well. I'm currently growing THC Bomb auto (only 4 plants) and made sure they where feminised seeds. I'm just into my 2nd week of flower and they are looking really healthy.. I never thought I'd have green fingers unless it's beginners luck 😉

Anyway just wanted to say hello and thanks for having me👍

Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

I stumbled onto this site whilst googling some info I needed and though I may as well join as the info I was looking for seemed good 🙂

Everything I have learned so far has been through Google and YouTube and all is going well. I'm currently growing THC Bomb auto (only 4 plants) and made sure they where feminised seeds. I'm just into my 2nd week of flower and they are looking really healthy.. I never thought I'd have green fingers unless it's beginners luck 😉

Good morning!

Well where im from it is😂

Welcome to the site my friend , you will love the community as we have all levels of growers from newbies to professonial, no question is too big or too small.

Id love to see your grow, follow up with some pictures if you can. 😎

Welcome again!

S

Spliffyman

Thanks for the warm welcome neighbour :) I will get some pics up when I get home :)

As said I did grow from seed and started in a light perlight type soil and then planted them into the coco medium one I though they needed it.

My humidity has been around 55% and the temp around 23-24c

I've used tap water throughout the grow and then ph'd it and left it for a couple of days in buckets and then added nutrients and then re-checked the pH. I've been consistent and had a regular routine.

I've used 3 galon fabric pots with coco medium, a Mars hydro led light that has a grow and bloom switch on it.. An air intake and a out take connected to a rhino carbon filter and a couple of clip on fans to keep the girlie's gently swaying 🙂

I've been training them and I know they are autos but I've been topping them and even fim'd them and they have responded brilliantly.. I didn't want to be scared of touching them even though it is my first ever grow.
Ive used a scrog net too to help the light get in and they have now gone into overdrive :)
I actually bought all the equipment about 3 years ago and just stored it all away.

Thanks again :)

S

Spliffyman

It's nice to actually talk to someone about it as my family is anti cannabis.. I used to be the same years ago but started to look into the medicinal benefits due to a close family member being diagnosed with terminal cancer. She was the one who asked me to look into it 👍

Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

It's nice to actually talk to someone about it as my family is anti cannabis.. I used to be the same years ago but started to look into the medicinal benefits due to a close family member being diagnosed with terminal cancer. She was the one who asked me to look into it 👍
I know what you mean it is good to be able to talk to people that are on the same topic and dont judge you 😂 youll learn alot from the overalll experiance of the members on this site.

Be sure to keep us posted on your ladies, you sound like you have the ball rolling very nicely

Good luck 😁

quirk

quirk

If inconvenient to turn off lights for pics, you can shoot through your grow glasses. Sorry about the quad, was light curing hawk damage.

DSCN1938 2
DSCN1939 2
S

Spliffyman

If inconvenient to turn off lights for pics, you can shoot through your grow glasses. Sorry about the quad, was light curing hawk damage.
Hi, I do have some Mars hydro glasses that I've been using👍 I'll take some pics in a week or so through them as suggested and post them.. Thanks for the idea 💡

S

Spliffyman

I know what you mean it is good to be able to talk to people that are on the same topic and dont judge you 😂 youll learn alot from the overalll experiance of the members on this site.

Be sure to keep us posted on your ladies, you sound like you have the ball rolling very nicely

Good luck 😁

AS promised.. Just a little update... Here's a pic from today of one of my plants through the lens of Mars hydro glasses. . All still going well with the 4 plants. Even though I have grown these from seed they are at slightly different stages of flower. They are starting to get sticky to the touch now.

I have also managed to talk my Mrs into me doing a small permanent grow set up. So I will be building a small structure but will only be big enough to accommodate 1 plant. (my Mrs made me promise that I will only grow 1 plant) so will do all of this once I've finished with these 4 ladies that I'm growing. Can't wait to start it 😊

Hope you lot are all doing well 😉

IMG 20191205 111853 1
IMG 20191205 111853 1
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
AS promised.. Just a little update... Here's a pic from today of one of my plants through the lens of Mars hydro glasses. . All still going well with the 4 plants. Even though I have grown these from seed they are at slightly different stages of flower. They are starting to get sticky to the touch now.

I have also managed to talk my Mrs into me doing a small permanent grow set up. So I will be building a small structure but will only be big enough to accommodate 1 plant. (my Mrs made me promise that I will only grow 1 plant) so will do all of this once I've finished with these 4 ladies that I'm growing. Can't wait to start it 😊

Hope you lot are all doing well 😉
Just pull them out of the tent for pics. put them on your table under regular lighting. works better than through sunglasses lol
🙂

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i want to say that seedtostoned did thc bomb, in one of his YouTube grows, if you're looking for a good comp, example. don't recall the medium someone else (may have) chose for him, in that one ;D . (& no... not me- either/both.). actually want to say it was a nuke head version, at the time, but then my brain started bleeding, trying to remember.

I've been to the nuke site, btw. they have great instructions for the collofial, whatchamacallit... i just went elsewhere, for half the cost... still n all- the most detailed instructions i came across, while i was still, lookin. nother dust collector; paperweight.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Just pull them out of the tent for pics. put them on your table under regular lighting. works better than through sunglasses lol
🙂
ignore the pie'd piper. nobody wants to hear what intuitive people n diy geniuses have to say, anyway. they just make peeps, like me, look like we're playin with our puup, like it's playdough. (and gobless, THE TATER).

S

Spliffyman

i want to say that seedtostoned did thc bomb, in one of his YouTube grows, if you're looking for a good comp, example. don't recall the medium someone else (may have) chose for him, in that one ;D . (& no... not me- either/both.). actually want to say it was a nuke head version, at the time, but then my brain started bleeding, trying to remember.

I've been to the nuke site, btw. they have great instructions for the collofial, whatchamacallit... i just went elsewhere, for half the cost... still n all- the most detailed instructions i came across, while i was still, lookin. nother dust collector; paperweight.

Cheers.. I have seen some of his videos and subscribed a while back 👍

I've been building a seed list of what I want to grow next just from reputation from the Internet 😊 but... Its slowly growing lol.

Do you guys have any particular strain that you keep going back to?

Durban Poison
Acapulco Gold
Alaskan thunder fuck
God's Treat Cannabis Seeds
Dutch treat

I'm considering different options for my next grow.. Hydro or maybe organic.. Coco has been good to me for this first grow but want to explore more.. My next challenge will be to see how big I can make this 1 plant grow once I've built the small tent 😂 gonna be at least 6ft high but not decided the floor space yet.. Will be in my back bedroom in the recess outta the way.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
ignore the pie'd piper. nobody wants to hear what intuitive people n diy geniuses have to say, anyway. they just make peeps, like me, look like we're playin with our puup, like it's playdough. (and gobless, THE TATER).
Wtf are you mumbling about? is there a point to your rambling?

S

SolarGarten

That's awesome to hear. Glad to have read your welcome post. So welcome!

Do you know if you can take an outdoor plant and switch it to indoor lights when switching over to flowering stage?

S

Spliffyman

That's awesome to hear. Glad to have read your welcome post. So welcome!

Do you know if you can take an outdoor plant and switch it to indoor lights when switching over to flowering stage?

Cheers for the welcome 🙂

I'm not experienced enough to answer your question but I have read something on here about this somewhere... Would be good for someone to have some input who's done it, Would you be putting it with other plants or on its own?

Top Bottom