Inconsistent tent temperatures in my basement!

• Thread starter Rickcin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rickcin

Rickcin

The tent in my basement is averaging some where’re between 69 and 71 degrees without any heating. I did buy an inkbird, as others here have recommended and I set it up with a small heater to maintain temperatures from 70 to 75 degrees. With this setting, the heat will cycle on and off all day and I’m wondering if this inconsistency in temperature and cycling is worse for the plants then leaving it the consistent basement temperature that’s about 69 to 70 degrees? Thanks

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The tent in my basement is averaging some where’re between 69 and 71 degrees without any heating. I did buy an inkbird, as others here have recommended and I set it up with a small heater to maintain temperatures from 70 to 75 degrees. With this setting, the heat will cycle on and off all day and I’m wondering if this inconsistency in temperature and cycling is worse for the plants then leaving it the consistent basement temperature that’s about 69 to 70 degrees? Thanks
I personally like it slightly on the cool side, but it has to do with temps, how much they change in time and the humidity level.
You have to find a balance where your tent stays in the mid 70's without condensation.

Rickcin

Rickcin

I personally like it slightly on the cool side, but it has to do with temps, how much they change in time and the humidity level.
You have to find a balance where your tent stays in the mid 70's without condensation.
Mid 70’s with 45 to 50% humidity is not a problem, I will just need to run a really small heater.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Mid 70’s with 45 to 50% humidity is not a problem, I will just need to run a really small heater.
Perfect man. I WISH I had a basement. All you super rich growers out there... hint hint... 🤣 😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What's your deadband setting on the ink inkbird? And no the temp fluctuations won't hurt them.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I wonder if it would be enough to have a fan above the lights to blow the heat down, mixing it with the cooler air in the basement. That should raise temps a bit without altering the humidity already there.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I always try to avoid that... but may work.
Same here, but I don't grow in a basement or I would have probably already tried. LOL
The higher temps and good airflow should handle most of it. Whatcha tink?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Same here, but I don't grow in a basement or I would have probably already tried. LOL
The higher temps and good airflow should handle most of it. Whatcha tink?
Yeah just gonna be inconsistent I feel. Of he has a controller and Hester I'd go that route. Set the inkbird to a 2-4f deadband and 75-80f

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I set the heat to come on at 70 and shut off at 75. I believe the inkbird has a 5 degree minimum setting.
Ok change it to like 2-3f below it comes on... will be more consistent but uts not really a big deal imo

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

I love my inkbird dual sensor. You just have to be sure that your heater actually turns on when plugged in without having to hit the button. Lots of heaters and humidifiers these days do not turn back on after a power loss.

Rickcin

Rickcin

I always try to avoid that... but may work.
I love my inkbird dual sensor. You just have to be sure that your heater actually turns on when plugged in without having to hit the button. Lots of heaters and humidifiers these days do not turn back on after a power loss.
That’s something I hadn’t thought of! My current heater is 750/1500 watts and it cycles perfectly but I was thinking if I bought a 400 watt heater from Amazon it would run longer since it’s smaller as far as heat output. Not sure how I would determine if the heater would re-start automatically?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That’s something I hadn’t thought of! My current heater is 750/1500 watts and it cycles perfectly but I was thinking if I bought a 400 watt heater from Amazon it would run longer since it’s smaller as far as heat output. Not sure how I would determine if the heater would re-start automatically?
Of it digital it need an autorestart function if it's analog your good.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

2 mature 2 not, not 4 plants of any stage
We have ridiculous rules here also. I find it hilarious that we can have 10 plants per card holder, but only 4oz of dry flower.
I don't think I've ever seen 10 plants only give 4oz of dry....

Top Bottom