Incredible bulk and masterblend DTW

• Thread starter mark360jones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mark360jones

mark360jones

So life started for my single seed in February. I grew the girl (🤞 its a girl, was sold as a feminised seed) for about 10 weeks and the took cutting from her. Ended up taking around 30 clones which stripped her completely and putting them into my aeroponic propagator. I nearly failed miserably when I last used the aeroponic propagator but I got the girls to the end eventually with what look like v good results (liberty haze and masterblend thread).
Anyway after some more research i changed how I used the prop and had the mister come on every 15min for 15mins using plain tap water, silver bullets, sumo katana roots in the small rez at ph 5.9, pants were also dipped unto clonex . Out of the 30 clones taken 28 survived and started to show the roots (couldn't believe the success after the first time). 9 (8 for the room and 1 for a new mother) of the best looking clones was chosen and the rez was emptied and then fresh water added with an early veg mix of the masterblend nutrients
0.30g per litre masterblend
0.15g per litre mag sulfate (Epsomsalt)
0.30g per liter calcium nitrate
0.2ml per liter sumo katana roots
solution was then set at ph 6.0
the plants responded extremely well to this and the growth was great also the roots got massive and started intertwining with each other.
With the main room cleaned it was time to put them into there final pot this consisted of a 13l airpot and a 60/40 coco perlite mix and the roots sprinkled with great white myco, the main rez is filled with plain water and ecothrive neutralise is added to get rid of the chloramine/chlorine out (this is only added so the myco has chance to work), next sumo silicon is added and the ph adjusted to 7. Then the late veg mix is added
0.5g per litre masterblend
0.25 per magnesium sulfate
0.5g per litre calcium nitrate
Ph is then further adjusted to ph 6.2, plant have had this solution for 3 feed in the 1st 24 hours which are shown in the pics
Room 2.6x1.4
Lights 4x mars sp3000 running at 25%
Extraction run on ecotechnics fan speed controller 6inch inlet 8inch outlet
Temp 26
RH is 65

Incredible bulk and masterblend dtw
Incredible bulk and masterblend dtw 2
Incredible bulk and masterblend dtw 3
Incredible bulk and masterblend dtw 4
mark360jones

mark360jones

3 days later and the girls are looking super happy. Some nice growth and lush green foliage. After @Aqua Man advice, 2 days ago I gave a dose of the southern ag i got imported from USA. Basically I took 10 litres out of the nutrient resovior and mixed 10ml southern ag.
The light has been lowered gradually to now about 22 inches above tops ( going to let the plants grow so there around 18 inches from the light and keep that as the distance throughout) and also intensity increased up to 50% these mars sp3000 lights are awesome, they really do throw some light out. I will get a par reading from the light tomorrow

20220505 221822
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

3 days later and the girls are looking super happy. Some nice growth and lush green foliage. After @Aqua Man advice, 2 days ago I gave a dose of the southern ag i got imported from USA. Basically I took 10 litres out of the nutrient resovior and mixed 10ml southern ag.
The light has been lowered gradually to now about 22 inches above tops ( going to let the plants grow so there around 18 inches from the light and keep that as the distance throughout) and also intensity increased up to 50% these mars sp3000 lights are awesome, they really do throw some light out. I will get a par reading from the light tomorrow
Well done sir they do look nice and happy

mark360jones

mark360jones

Just a quick update, I've neglected the thread as I've been super busy, so Tuesday the 17th I decided to give the girls a massive haircut but this time going to the last node on each branch and stripping everything off apart from a few fan leaves. (Last time i did it to the top 2 nodes on each branch). I gave the girls 3 days to recover and they did amazingly good, Friday I switched the lighting schedule to 12/12. The girls will still have to veg nutrient for a further 2 week as they still need the nitrogen but now the tap water will not be treated as the root system is now big enough to handle whatever I throw at it. [I did come across a problem while vegging, i neglected to flush my chiller out and it seemed to be the cause of my ph dropping rappidly (water was treated) in the final week of veg, this was flushed friday and fresh nutrients was added, this problem caused the odd blade on 1 or 2 fan leaf per plant to yellow and have brown spots at the tip. Since the change of nutrients this has now stopped] I will post a picture tomorrow

mark360jones

mark360jones

Couple of pictures of how thing are now and the progress there making. Lights are 18inch from canopy and plants are now around 15inch tall. The last pic is what I removed from the odd fan leaf. Ph I'd now stable at 6.0

20220524 091542
Screenshot 20220524 091518 Tent Buddy
20220524 091353
20220524 091332
20220524 091313
20220524 091302
20220524 091138
mark360jones

mark360jones

Day 9 since the switch to 12/12, girls are looking super healthy virtually praying to the light. Light is currently at 75% and will be changed to 100% at the start of week 3. Week 3 also means time to switch out the growth formula and start the early flower formula and a slightly lower RH to keep the vpd in good stead. As you can see from the pics the flower sets are beginning to appear now.
I will do another light defoliating of the leaves pointing to the centre of the plant and some lower leaves or leaves that are covering the flower sets, this should improve airflow and light penetration
Also picked up a bargain bluelab guardian monitor from fleabay, makes life so much easier testing the ec of the run off (out monitor). Ignore the ph on the out screen, the ph probe hasn't been calibrated as its not needed anyway.
🤞this incredible bulk is as good as it says on the tin.

20220529 003429
20220529 003459
20220529 003512
20220529 003516
20220529 003747
mark360jones

mark360jones

So my nutrient tank has ran out 2 days before its being switched to the flower formula. As you can see from the pics the girls are doing super so I've made the choice to give them the flower formula early this saves wasting any nutrients which = £.
I gave the girls a very light defoliating around 8-10 leaves per plant, these were selected leafs that either gave more light to a flower site, increased air movement or were pointing towards the middle of the plant (you don't want to do too much stressing at this stage so be light)

(Early flower formula)
0.4g masterblend per liter
0.4g magnesium sulfate per litre
0.1g calcium nitrate per litre
1.25ml PK Bulk per 10 litre
1ml sumo active boost per litre
65ml biobizz cal/mag.
*As the calcium nitrate reduces in this formula this means not only has the nitrogen reduce but so has the calcium so I've substituted the formula with the only cal/mag I know that dosnt have nitrogen in.

As you can see I've stopped using the silicone and also the root stim as it's now flowering I think using these any further would give a negative result or would be a waste of nutrient.

20220531 224949
20220531 235028
20220531 235116
20220531 235134
20220531 235146
mark360jones

mark360jones

Humidity is slightly low on the vpd chart for this stage of the plants life but nothing to be really worried about, ideally it could be around 45/50 rh. Just so I don't run into any problems further down the line I'm going to turn the humidifier on really low. As you can see from the leaf pictures there is an extremely light tip burn (this is probably due to switching to the early flower formula prematurely). This is also telling me to keep an eye on the girls and see how they do with the strength of the ec in the coming days. If it stays like this it will be perfect, there is roughly a week left then the formula changes again this time to the MID FLOWER FORMULA.

Screenshot 20220602 235802 Chrome
20220602 235943
20220603 000020
20220603 000034
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Humidity is slightly low on the vpd chart for this stage of the plants life but nothing to be really worried about, ideally it could be around 45/50 rh. Just so I don't run into any problems further down the line I'm going to turn the humidifier on really low. As you can see from the leaf pictures there is an extremely light tip burn (this is probably due to switching to the early flower formula prematurely). This is also telling me to keep an eye on the girls and see how they do with the strength of the ec in the coming days. If it stays like this it will be perfect, there is roughly a week left then the formula changes again this time to the MID FLOWER FORMULA.
Are you using the actual leaf temps or default? The differential indicates what you’d expect under HID and you appear to be using LED judging by the pictures is why i ask

mark360jones

mark360jones

@Aqua Man I am using an infrared forehead thermometer and measuring the underside on the leaf this is also taken from the top canopy leaves. Yes I'm using the mars hydro sp3000 leds

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man I am using an infrared forehead thermometer and measuring the underside on the leaf this is also taken from the top canopy leaves. Yes I'm using the mars hydro sp3000 leds
Ahh ok just seemed the difference is a bit low but you may have IR. Ita not necessarily bad just not the norm so wanted to make sure you were checking them as i see many times ppl use a default of 2F… good on you brother

mark360jones

mark360jones

So after a couple of days (ive been away) you can see the ec has increased on the out monitor to 1.3ec and the ec going in is 1.1 so there is a difference of 0.2 now this is acceptable but the number is going in the wrong direction and I like to try and keep it 0.1 or lower difference.
0.3 difference is the most I can let it go as the salt build up in the media will be causing a negative effect. The rise in ec I've put it down to lower than should be rh as the plant is taking up more water and leaving the nutrient behind causing a salt build up and also not enough feed being given. To correct this I've flushed the girls with extra nutrient from the resovior to dilute the build up of salts and got it back down to 1.1. I've also turned up the humidifier slightly and increased the feeding frequency to 5 times a day. I will see how the plants are responding over the next few days and judge if they need switching to the mid flower recipe, this is due Friday but it is also a guideline.

20220607 001134
20220607 001141
20220607 001145
20220607 001835
20220607 023214
20220607 023217
Screenshot 20220607 023359 Chrome
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So after a couple of days (ive been away) you can see the ec has increased on the out monitor to 1.3ec and the ec going in is 1.1 so there is a difference of 0.2 now this is acceptable but the number is going in the wrong direction and I like to try and keep it 0.1 or lower difference.
0.3 difference is the most I can let it go as the salt build up in the media will be causing a negative effect. The rise in ec I've put it down to lower than should be rh as the plant is taking up more water and leaving the nutrient behind causing a salt build up and also not enough feed being given. To correct this I've flushed the girls with extra nutrient from the resovior to dilute the build up of salts and got it back down to 1.1. I've also turned up the humidifier slightly and increased the feeding frequency to 5 times a day. I will see how the plants are responding over the next few days and judge if they need switching to the mid flower recipe, this is due Friday but it is also a guideline.
Just gorgeous

zebrausa

zebrausa

So life started for my single seed in February. I grew the girl (🤞 its a girl, was sold as a feminised seed) for about 10 weeks and the took cutting from her. Ended up taking around 30 clones which stripped her completely and putting them into my aeroponic propagator. I nearly failed miserably when I last used the aeroponic propagator but I got the girls to the end eventually with what look like v good results (liberty haze and masterblend thread).
Anyway after some more research i changed how I used the prop and had the mister come on every 15min for 15mins using plain tap water, silver bullets, sumo katana roots in the small rez at ph 5.9, pants were also dipped unto clonex . Out of the 30 clones taken 28 survived and started to show the roots (couldn't believe the success after the first time). 9 (8 for the room and 1 for a new mother) of the best looking clones was chosen and the rez was emptied and then fresh water added with an early veg mix of the masterblend nutrients
0.30g per litre masterblend
0.15g per litre mag sulfate (Epsomsalt)
0.30g per liter calcium nitrate
0.2ml per liter sumo katana roots
solution was then set at ph 6.0
the plants responded extremely well to this and the growth was great also the roots got massive and started intertwining with each other.
With the main room cleaned it was time to put them into there final pot this consisted of a 13l airpot and a 60/40 coco perlite mix and the roots sprinkled with great white myco, the main rez is filled with plain water and ecothrive neutralise is added to get rid of the chloramine/chlorine out (this is only added so the myco has chance to work), next sumo silicon is added and the ph adjusted to 7. Then the late veg mix is added
0.5g per litre masterblend
0.25 per magnesium sulfate
0.5g per litre calcium nitrate
Ph is then further adjusted to ph 6.2, plant have had this solution for 3 feed in the 1st 24 hours which are shown in the pics
Room 2.6x1.4
Lights 4x mars sp3000 running at 25%
Extraction run on ecotechnics fan speed controller 6inch inlet 8inch outlet
Temp 26
RH is 65
Beautiful grow. I have a similar system for my tomatoes. The only difference is, I went soilless. I used the clay rocks....there's a name for them, I can't remember. Anyway, I feed 8 times a day. I was using perlite which is still soilless but it is so hard to clean after the season is over with. I put my plants in six inch bucket nets. The difference is night and day. When I was automatic feeding in soil, I never got this type of growth. We aren't reinventing the wheel here but you have validated what I was wanting to do and how I was wanting to do it. Kudos to you! I use master blend for everything except in flowering because the phosphorus is a little low.

mark360jones

mark360jones

Really sorry for the long update but I was fighting a battle with my girls. As per @Aqua Man super advice he noticed i was causing a phosphorus deficiency by adding too much cal/mag, what can I say aqua man has taught me something new for my growing memory thankyou, what i thought was doing good for the plant was quite the opposite (i had a simlar thing happen quite a while back but i left it thinking it was genetic and i caused one of the girls to hermie right at the end got plenty of feminised seed to use in the fridge now different strain). (For those of you with a simlar symptoms i was getting purple and green stripy stems and also some leaves mainly the larger ones were showing slightly red veins)
The resovior was drained and a fresh batch of nutrient was made the Cal/mag liquid was pulled completely and the Epson salts reduced I also slightly upped the calcium nitrate as there was slight yellowing.
Well as you can see from the pics they have now piled on weight and some are now having to be supported. All the environment is great at the min, slightly low on the rh but the humidifier need topping up.

20220623 004322
20220623 004342
20220623 004453
Screenshot 20220623 004640 Chrome
Top Bottom