Indica or Sativa This Year?

• Thread starter CrazyColas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrazyColas

CrazyColas

Greets all. Any help from more experienced growers muchly appreciated. This is an unknown strain, given me by a neighbor who had an assignment in Hawaii. I’m in suburban MD. Tremendous size (outdoor grow) last year’s first attempt was 8’+, but it hermed. Yielded about a pound of bud from that single plant, decent enough to smoke all winter.
This is a clone from that mother plant in 2022. Same location. Aside from being much more careful this year, I am making a determination to continue this unknown landrace, or just buy feminized seed in the future.
Any way at this early juncture to at least determine sativa vs indica? Thanks all!

Indica or sativa this year
CrazyColas

CrazyColas

Oh forgot to say. I FIMd it twice already trying to keep it below the 8’ fence line.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Greets all. Any help from more experienced growers muchly appreciated. This is an unknown strain, given me by a neighbor who had an assignment in Hawaii. I’m in suburban MD. Tremendous size (outdoor grow) last year’s first attempt was 8’+, but it hermed. Yielded about a pound of bud from that single plant, decent enough to smoke all winter.
This is a clone from that mother plant in 2022. Same location. Aside from being much more careful this year, I am making a determination to continue this unknown landrace, or just buy feminized seed in the future.
Any way at this early juncture to at least determine sativa vs indica? Thanks all!
What makes you think this is a landrace?

CrazyColas

CrazyColas

Only that allegedly it came from a long-time grower on one of the Hawaiian islands. Figure it might have cool genetics is all.

“… a local variety of a species of plant or animal that has distinctive characteristics arising from development and adaptation over time to conditions of a localized geographic region and that typically displays greater genetic diversity than types subjected to formal breeding practices local variety of a species of plant or animal that has distinctive characteristics arising from development and adaptation over time to conditions of a localized geographic region and that typically displays greater genetic diversity than types subjected to formal breeding practices”

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Only that allegedly it came from a long-time grower on one of the Hawaiian islands. Figure it might have cool genetics is all.

“… a local variety of a species of plant or animal that has distinctive characteristics arising from development and adaptation over time to conditions of a localized geographic region and that typically displays greater genetic diversity than types subjected to formal breeding practices local variety of a species of plant or animal that has distinctive characteristics arising from development and adaptation over time to conditions of a localized geographic region and that typically displays greater genetic diversity than types subjected to formal breeding practices”
It might have cool genetics,I hope it does for you,but a landrace is usually over 100 years in an area and not hybridized/without human interference,and left alone and will be an ibl & true breeding and usually indigenous to the area. I don't think it would have much diversity ,diversity would come from hybridization, landrace would evolve to be alike to deal with and survive in their distinct location over time but I'm no botanist.

AirHammer

AirHammer

If you can grow outside past September into October or even November Sativas would be nice variety additions. We get frost in October so, sativas are out for me.

The image makes me think 'hybrid' marijuana of some sort. And of good health.

AirHammer

AirHammer

Oh forgot to say. I FIMd it twice already trying to keep it below the 8’ fence line.
I have a problem with this strain of pot staying under the fence line. these skunks have stock that grows thick and beefy right away, and its not pliable as most every other pot I grew. LST is a good idea when your plants grow past the second story in a busy city. Here's hoping I don't snap any.

20220622 084308
CrazyColas

CrazyColas

Go girl go! Hoping she’s a late maturer. Showing thus far only beginning signs. Anyway, I clipped it twice and she’s still reaching for the stars. Tip of my hand is up about 8 feet.
Unknown genetics
Clone from last year’s first harvest
Crap soil-only leaves and detritus from the pool alongside
All-day sun
One app of homemade Cal-Mag
Suburban DC location-hot, hot, hot, and
Apparently torrential downpour-proof
What a ride!

0CD56C3B 30AC 43E0 9889 43739489650B
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have a problem with this strain of pot staying under the fence line. these skunks have stock that grows thick and beefy right away, and its not pliable as most every other pot I grew. LST is a good idea when your plants grow past the second story in a busy city. Here's hoping I don't snap any.
You could pound some sticks in the ground and tie them

CrazyColas

CrazyColas

Oh my girl is secure. If not one of the 10-12 torrential rains would have knocked her over

AirHammer

AirHammer

You could pound some sticks in the ground and tie them
I was LSTing but the stems on these genetics gets too stiff and hella thick too early. I split the main stem so I backed on a little bit. fwiw that was before I started using silica. I imagine they stiffened up even more these past two weeks.

Top Bottom