Individual Scrogs/supports For Dwcs

• Thread starter Greengrower8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greengrower8

In the past I have used one or two large scrogs over my many DWC buckets. Just made of pvc and garden netting stretched with zip ties. But as the plants grow though it, the individual buckets become very difficult to move or maneuver around cuz all the plants are connected to the same netting. I’m trying to figure out a good way to create supports for each DWC bucket instead of using one giant net.
I’ve thought about using tomato cages and turning them upside down over each bucket. Or securing bamboo stakes to the outside of the buckets and stringing some sort of string around the stakes sticking up above the bucket.

Any one else do something like this? I’m looking for some ideas.

Thanks guys!!

H

heisen

Yeah go recirculating and be done with moving anything.

chemistry

chemistry

This is what I use, I grow in single buckets due to running different strains at the same time. I just tape the cages together and when the plant has flowered out, cut the tape and put the cage away until it's needed.
Critical Kush 4 W3

This is a Critical Kush in week 3 of flower.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I forget who makes it but there are single pot cages commercially available. Try DL wholesale.

chemistry

chemistry

I’ve seen single things like what you got with a wire grid top that goes on top for the plant to grow through. Amazon. I think they were stupid expensive though.

Make your own, 3 bits of straight wire, and 1 round bit, custom built to fit your system. I just tape mine together, then when I don't need them, I just cut the tape off and stack them out of the way.

Indiva710

Indiva710

If you have the height you can do a vertical scrog too which maybe easier for your setup...however I'm not sure if something like this would work with your dwc like it easily does for coco but u can make it work if you have 10 or 12in net pots and like 5gal buckets or larger would even be better....

3083015 82638903880a5481575c5b6a92cc3c56
20181112 105954
B39055b097053c0b4a01f64bfc833f07
Monster762

Monster762

If you have the height you can do a vertical scrog too which maybe easier for your setup...however I'm not sure if something like this would work with your dwc like it easily does for coco but u can make it work if you have 10 or 12in net pots and like 5gal buckets or larger would even be better....
That’s serious there. The vertical idea looks nice but how does it play out on yield compared to the normal way?

Indiva710

Indiva710

It would more or less depend on your lighting you have too and plant training would be a bit diff of course and doing lst and scrogging only pretty much...I personally Havent done it but from what I have seen with proper lighting even on light rails like the circular ones theres much more smaller buds however that's with the lighting on both sides vs maybe doing the light on one side and scrogging on just the one side of the net the light is on...your also not topping lst super cropping etc like you do on a horizontal scrog...I myself do horizontal...floating fully adjustable double netted scrog nets and I wouldnt have it any other way personally but it all depends on your setup and goals too etc...as every single persons setup and goals styles etc are diff

Latest posts

Top Bottom