Indole 3 Butyric Acid

• Thread starter buddahslave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddahslave

buddahslave

Does anyone have a Roots Excel formula? I purchased 98% IBA-K from ebay for cheap. Its water soluble. I noticed that it is in a lot of fast root products. I don't know how much to add to get optimum results. Is there a farmer out there who has worked with these types of hormones and has a formula that will explode roots. I don't want to use anymore bacteria so please put your lab jackets on:nurse:

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Doesn't roots excel say how much is on the bottle?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You might be able to find out the exact levels in the database that Washington State keeps of fertilizers and additives. They do extensive testing to figure out exactly what there is in fertilizers/additives and how much it there is in those products. Here's the link http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/Product1.aspx?ltr=C

If they have it listed, perhaps whatever volume they're using, you can use that as your baseline and maintain a control with that base line and tweak it in other solutions till you find optimum levels. Let us know what you find out!

One Love,
tobh

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Does anyone have a Roots Excel formula? I purchased 98% IBA-K from ebay for cheap. Its water soluble. I noticed that it is in a lot of fast root products. I don't know how much to add to get optimum results. Is there a farmer out there who has worked with these types of hormones and has a formula that will explode roots. I don't want to use anymore bacteria so please put your lab jackets on:nurse:
Why don't you want to use bacteria? Just curious. I don't really like to use bacteria either (I have my reasons, lol).

buddahslave

buddahslave

You might be able to find out the exact levels in the database that Washington State keeps of fertilizers and additives. They do extensive testing to figure out exactly what there is in fertilizers/additives and how much it there is in those products. Here's the link http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/Product1.aspx?ltr=C

If they have it listed, perhaps whatever volume they're using, you can use that as your baseline and maintain a control with that base line and tweak it in other solutions till you find optimum levels. Let us know what you find out!

One Love,
tobh
Hey bro thanks for the information but I checked out the site and it seems to list only heavy metals and nutrients. Hormones don't seem to be listed at all. I even checked clonex which list on the bottle that it has Indole Butyric Acid and it didn't show it. Maybe I didn't look in the right place at the site so please double check for me, thanks.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Why don't you want to use bacteria? Just curious. I don't really like to use bacteria either (I have my reasons, lol).
I like bacteria in veg stage and hydrogen peroxide or hygrozyme in flowering. Well the peroxide will kill the bacteria. I feel and this is just my opinion is that after a while good bacteria starts to turn into bad bacteria when met with adverse conditions such as heat. Warm water and bacteria don't mix and during summer months here in so cal where im at, it's hard to keep water cool. So I want to focus more on hormones. At least at the minimum experiment with them and report back my findings to the farm.

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

I've got mad farmer root-it and another brand of iba rooting gel... Are you looking for the percentage that is in their formulas?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@buddahslave You checked the right place, unfortunately you're correct in they do not list hormones on that site. Read the section about Plant Hormone on this wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indole-3-butyric_acid it might give you some insight into getting closer to an answer. Creative google queries may result in some other pointers as well.

One Love,
tobh

buddahslave

buddahslave

I've got mad farmer root-it and another brand of iba rooting gel... Are you looking for the percentage that is in their formulas?
Thanks for the help good friend but what I need is a formula for mixing salt based Indole 3 butyric acid which is water soluble. The rooting gel is some what easier to make and has many youtube videos on how to do it. Also the gel is fairly cheap. The right amount of IBA-K will make roots explode like with Roots Excelurator. I know that hormone is the main ingredient in all massive root additives. The problem is you have to use such a small amount for it to work. I have no idea what that amount is. Too much is said to destroy the plant and this stuff comes in a 10 gram pack which is suppose to make 500 liters. If we can find a formula that works like roots excel then the game will start to change. I see why they can charge as much money as they like for such a cheap product. They spent lots of time studying chemistry.

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

I figured that pretty much after I made my post, (not too hard to find concentrates on the web)... Question however, is IBA-K water soluble? That is, is it different than regular IBA? (I was looking on fleabay at the listings) I understand with IBA its best to first dissolve into isopropyl (or perhaps ethanol) alcohol, then water.. I believe I read wiki on IBA awhile ago and no discussion of different types of IBA.

From what I know, (which isn't much!) MAD FARMER has the highest percentage of IBA that is listed in known products. We could do the math to replicate that?

buddahslave

buddahslave

I figured that pretty much after I made my post, (not too hard to find concentrates on the web)... Question however, is IBA-K water soluble? That is, is it different than regular IBA? (I was looking on fleabay at the listings) I understand with IBA its best to first dissolve into isopropyl (or perhaps ethanol) alcohol, then water.. I believe I read wiki on IBA awhile ago and no discussion of different types of IBA.

From what I know, (which isn't much!) MAD FARMER has the highest percentage of IBA that is listed in known products. We could do the math to replicate that?
The IBA-K that I bought is water soluble derived as a salt. I got it off ebay from seller custom nutrient designs

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Well from the wiki information, they talk about making a solution between 10,000 - 50,000 PPM (unknown scale, probably Hanna so @ 500 TDS). Knowing we don't want to exceed an EC of 2.0 in our overall nutrient solution due to nutrient availability, and given what I know about what most root stimulants add to a mix (approximately .4 EC at heavy dosing), I would guesstimate you would want to aim for .2 EC in your solution. At least that's where I would start with this particular salt you have. Worst comes to worst, you find out that's too low or too high, either way you have a baseline to verify that you're on the right path.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Thanks bro I will grab some distilled water and start the experiments and report back.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Anyone here use the spray-to-drip-down or full cutting soak method. Just curious. I like the idea of treating the whole cutting.

Top Bottom