indoor closet grow love buzz and drunk chick

• Thread starter jmxney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jmxney

this is my first indoor grow so i would like comments and suggestions please if you would / need more details pertaining to my grow just message me
Indoor closet grow love buzz and drunk chick
Indoor closet grow love buzz and drunk chick 2
Indoor closet grow love buzz and drunk chick 4
Indoor closet grow love buzz and drunk chick 5
Indoor closet grow love buzz and drunk chick 6

Indoor closet grow love buzz and drunk chick 3
josefrahl

josefrahl

Welcome aboard!!!

Just looking at the pics, I'd say that one thing I notice from soil growers is they put a good amount of perlite in the mix. This helps root growth as the soil is less compact after repeated watering. Improves aeration, soil structure, and helps with drainage.

R

ritoMox

Welcome aboard!!!

Just looking at the pics, I'd say that one thing I notice from soil growers is they put a good amount of perlite in the mix. This helps root growth as the soil is less compact after repeated watering. Improves aeration, soil structure, and helps with drainage.
I say for soil aeration, skip the perlite and use crushed clay pebbles. Easy to crush, massive surface area and they absorb water for a slow release.✌️

ClayPebbles1
ClayPebbles2

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Perlite or clay pebbles?
He's talking about Hydroton(the clay pebbles) being expensive.

OP they look good. Keep doing what you are doing.

Do you have an idea as to what style grow you want to achieve?

R

ritoMox

He's talking about Hydroton(the clay pebbles) being expensive.

OP they look good. Keep doing what you are doing.

Do you have an idea as to what style grow you want to achieve?
Yeah, I paid $50 for 12 pounds. That's expensive for sure. I suppose one could just crush up some clay terracotta pots/saucers if they can be had for cheap enough. But then, I'm also talking about recycling the soil. When I give it a go I'll report back on it✌️

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yeah, I paid $50 for 12 pounds. That's expensive for sure. I suppose one could just crush up some clay terracotta pots/saucers if they can be had for cheap enough. But then, I'm also talking about recycling the soil. When I give it a go I'll report back on it✌️
I used to buy lava rocks when I first started,they were intially cheap and sold for bbq,I liked them,good anchorage and porous so they held water and air.

R

ritoMox

I used to buy lava rocks when I first started,they were intially cheap and sold for bbq,I liked them,good anchorage and porous so they held water and air.
I can get 10 lb's of bbq lava rock for like $15, and that's just off Amazon. I'm sure I can find much better deals locally and just crush it to size. Waaaayyy better than the clay pebbles I think👍✌️

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I can get 10 lb's of bbq lava rock for like $15, and that's just off Amazon. I'm sure I can find much better deals locally and just crush it to size. Waaaayyy better than the clay pebbles I think👍✌️
The clay pebbles are good for constant drip because of air space and weight savings ,but they need to be re-wetted often

R

ritoMox

The clay pebbles are good for constant drip because of air space and weight savings ,but they need to be re-wetted often
I've got 13 lb's of the clay pebbles and 30 more lb's on the way. Ordered before I realized that I could get bbq lava rock much cheaper. I'll just crush the clay pebbles down to size and use them for soil aeration. After crushing they are light and porous. I'm thinking that they will work fine. Definitely won't be throwing that soil away!✌️

Last edited:
Top Bottom