Indoor Hydro/Fogponic grow - first grow diary - need advice.

• Thread starter CruelSun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man

Changed the nutes Saturday. Once the nutrients were mixed in, pH 7.0.
It took 60 milliliters of phosphoric acid to lower the pH to 5.5.
30 hours later PH was 6.6. added another 15 ml phosphoric acid at 11:00 p.m. on Sunday night.
So far Monday 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. pH 6.2... dare I to hope that it has stabilized?

Thank you for your help.
No problem brother… when you initially mix a new res… give it a few hrs then re adjust the ph again. After that it should be stable. If not let me know ans we can tweak things to get it perfect

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have, and it is always a possibility, but I'd rather just use tap water if I can get away with it. I acquired phosphoric acid yesterday and I am changing the nutes this morning . I'll make sure I flush the system real well to get all the old solution out so I can start fresh.
If I can't stabilize the pH with phosphoric acid, I will dig into learning about buffering.
If I go with RO, wouldn't I need to add a buffer to that because of the low alkalinity?
Yeah you would need to add but it’s cheap and easy to do.

K

Kamisama

Hi guys, I am gonna try also fogponic but have some unclear questions, which I cant find answers anywhere.

Heres my setup, I am gonna test just with one pot for now but final goal r 4 buckets.
30l buckets on around 4-5cm base because I ll have drainage hole with tube (16mm) going into semi tank (inside tent) with magnetic water level swith at 2-2.5cm, water will be pumped with DC pump in big res outsoide of tent, where I ll mix goodies for plant, from this big res will water goes to small res, where water valve maintaining water lvl for atomizer (fogger) with 3x DC fans (I ll regulate their speed), that helps to spread fog into buckets via corrugated tubes. Will have 4 buckets in 5x5 tent, with 6inch inline fan, carbon filter and F.O.G led light AIR pro III.
Thats pretty much my plan for setup, now how to operate it properly, I ll add nutrients, water, adust PH on 5-7 days cycles.

1. Cycles
I was planning to use cycles 5m off, 30s on but seems like that ll give around 8.3L of water per day with 7L/h fogger. That seems to me like too much, althought the water will not stagnate in bucket and will return in big res. But still, I am not sure, if plant will not end up overwatered. I ve read some growers use 15m on, 15m off but I dont wanna use fogger that long, especially when fog I assume will be very thick in buckets in 2-5s.
ANY SUGGESTIONS I could try instead of doing mistake from the beginning?

2. Amount of water
I ve tried octopots before and plants didnt drink much, which was a surprise. So my next question is how much water per cycles of plant should I ve in big res for a 5-7 days? I dont wanna end up filling more water, while there already is still a lot of pre-existing one as that PH will fluctuate and I dont wanna add for example blackjak (humic, fulvic acid, well very messy dark coloured liquid), which for me worked pretty much as stabilizer of PH in big res for octopots.
ANY SUGGESTIONS whats the reasonable amount of water per plant in pre-veg, late veg (obviously will depend from plants size) up to mid of flower?

3. Atomizer
Currently dont have that big 10 head fogger (7L/h) I plan to use as I am just testing but my other question is, if its not overkill for 4 plants? Maybe 4 head fogger (circa 3-3.5L/h). Theres nothing to my knowledge with what I could control and decrease the amount of fog coming from atomizer.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks for any advice in advance :)
Kami.

Screenshot 6
4HyerLevelz

4HyerLevelz

I hope to see some pictures of these setups in operation. I have been contemplating pulling out of the closet the high pressure aeroponic system that I set up about 5 years ago. Timeline..maybe by january...

K

Kamisama

I ll post some pics definitelly, probably with some errors :D

Currently have dillema regarding hydroponic pots, how to seal them properly so the fog will not leak out throught corners. Maybe adding some rubber used for floor covering.

Top Bottom