Indoor Raised Bed Grow #1

• Thread starter BigFanOfPot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BigFanOfPot

Hello everyone,

I finally bought everything I needed for the indoor raised bed grow. The only thing I'm waiting on now is my HLG 600H from GrowersLights, but in the meantime I have a 600w cmh that I plan to use for early veg, plus it will keep the room warmer for the next month (hopefully the HLG 600H won't take that long!).

The grow is going to be 100% organic. I have a 150gal living soil pot (4' across x 20" deep) from Grassroots, raised off the ground on a plastic pallet. The soil I will be using is from a local farm, Earth Care Farm, located in Rhode Island. They have been composting from local zoos, restaurants, coffee shops, shipyards, etc. since 1977 and the biomass in their compost has been tested at 14% (report is on their site). They talked to local cannabis growers and created an amended soil that, supposedly, is good for 2 years of growing. Regardless, I will likely amend at the end of each grow. I will also be providing teas, although for now I'll be sticking with the quick and easy Recharge tea (would love to hear opinions on this) and I'll buy the stuff to create my own teas as I go. I will be inoculating all seeds with Great White Myco. I will be planting alfalfa, clover, and chamomile with my crops. I still need to find hay or straw, or some alternative(?), as a loose mulch on top. I will be watering using a Blumat drip tape system.

My first crop will be as follows:
Gelat.OG (Gelato x Platinum OG) from Seedsman
Gorilla Skittlez (GG4 x Zkittlez) from Barney's Farm
Lemonchello Haze (Amnesia x Super Lemon Haze x UK Cheese) from Seedsman
Badazz OG Cheese (Badazz OG x Cheese) from Seedsman

I actually didn't intend on buying so much OG and Cheese, but apparently that's what I'll be smoking for quite a while lmao. Will most likely scrog the shit out of these four, but may add clones from a friend. Probably Purple Thai Haze, I've grown it a couple times and the smell, smoke and high are phenomenal. Will post later if that is determined to be a good idea.

Any thoughts, ideas, are always welcome :) pictures to come soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom