Indoor to outdoor what changes to expects?

• Thread starter Kootenay.kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

I started some plants indoors and they were really robust now that they are outside they are changing. I'd expected more robust growth because the sun's brighter than my LED's could ever be but at least one has become much more sparce loosing a lot of leaves inside and pushing a few tops up while others seem to be stalled. I did shoot them some root fert when I moved them outside and from experience I know it stalls vertical growth focusing instead on root growth. But the one plant is different far less bushy than it was (GG#4) shez always been a moody lil bitch dislikes any change etc but once she really took off she was rocking now she looks anorexic growing an inch or two a day but only a few tops
What changes should I expect indoor led to outdoor sun?

Madbud

Madbud

Picture would help. Depending where you are low night temps and high dew points will stall them. If you went from 18/6 lighting to outdoors in early May the plant will start to flower then reveg. Just putting them directly in sunlight can cause wilt if they aren’t hardened in shade. Sun heating pots can damage roots. Lots of factors.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Picture would help. Depending where you are low night temps and high dew points will stall them. If you went from 18/6 lighting to outdoors in early May the plant will start to flower then reveg. Just putting them directly in sunlight can cause wilt if they aren’t hardened in shade. Sun heating pots can damage roots. Lots of factors.
Agreed. Way too many variables. Hardening off and then length of daylight would be my first concerns. Also temps and humidity. I've got a few super skunks that seem to have no problem going from leds to sunlight, but they were germinated outside and I put them in shade before going full sun if I need to move them from indoor to outdoor.

Top Bottom